NotW #39 Hifkey'Tìranyu

Started by Hifkey'Tìranyu, January 10, 2011, 04:53:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hifkey'Tìranyu

Kaltxì ma eylan lì'fyayä lena'vi.

Quote from: Question #1Who are you?

My Name is Hifkey'Tìranyu and in the insignificant world outside the forum, I'm called René Lindner. ;)
On April 13. 1987 I was born in Halle(Saale), Germany and for the last four Years Dresden, Germany is my Hometown. There I study, although it sounds paradoxical, Mechanical Engineering. My parents and also my younger sister live and work in Halle, so I don't see them very often.

I love nature. In leisure time I go climbing, hiking and sometimes diving. My second big Hobby is music. I play some instruments(guitar, bass, keyboard and a little drums). In my opinion music is the best thing that humanity has brought forth. But more than music I like the sound of nature. If I'm sitting on a hill or on a green meadow and hear the wind, the birds and insects and sun is touching my face, than my heart is full of peace. In these moments there don't exist wars and sorrows. Then I wish that the whole world would be like this place.

But I also like computer games and talk with friends and drink some beer with them.

Quote from: Question #2Why are you here?

On New Year's Day 2010 I saw AVATAR in Cinema for the first time. When the film was over, I couldn't say anything for hours, I was overwhelmed. When I was looking for more information in internet, I've found this forum. I was so surprised when I found out, that the language of the Na'vi is real and that some people really want to learn it. My next thoughts were: I make music and there is a new language from a film in which I fell in love. I want to write a song and use the language!

The result was: The song about the Story of Avatar  (sung by Talis)
And a few month later the remake: The song about the Story of Avatar (Acoustic-Remake)  (edited by 'eveng te atan)
Unfortunately, the original video was locked by YouTube

Yes I fell in love with Pandora, a world so beautiful, so dangerous, so unspoiled (at at least most of it). Especially the Iknimaya are fascinating.
In the first months I spend a lot of time in the language, but now... I know I'm a bad, lazy guy.
Now  the characters: I like two. First Neytiri, a ten feet high, beautiful, strong and wise blue Lady. The second is Norm Spellman, I think we have some similarities.

An important reason to stay, apart from the language and the great community, is the German RPG(Role Play Game). I'm the elected admin and together we continue the story on Pandora. For me it's the chance to escape from the long period of waiting.^^

Quote from: Question #3Where do your alias and profile pic come from?

I chose Norm Spellman, I really like him.
The alias has different reasons. I like the word Globetrotter, translated Hifkeytìranyu. I watch a basketball-match of the "Harlem Globetrotters" live. I like to travel a lot and I'm unimaginative if I have to choose names^^

Quote from: Question #4Srak nga tsun nìna'vi pivlltxe?

Speak: no, but I can write and understand some words (less than I want to). Like I wrote in question #2 I'm to lazy to learn vocabulary constantly. I try to use the language and search for new projects. Maybe I'll write another song.

My goal: speak the language fluently, but this is in conflict with my laziness. I'll do my best...
When I learn I use J-Memorize, I try to make mnemonics or learn with pictures or bind memories to specific words.

The opinion of the "others" doesn't matter, some people collect postage stamps, other people go shopping and we learn a artificial language. Everyone should respect the Hobbies of the others. My parents know what I do here and it's ok for them as long as I manage my study.

Quote from: Question #5What's your favorite Na'vi word? Did you incorporate it (or others) into your everyday vocab?

For a long time my favorite word was "fayvrrtep" and yes sometimes on street I thought that. But the best sounded word is "meoauniaea". When you speak that word, it seems there is no end.   

Quote from: Question #6In your opinion, what are the top three user-created content on the LN website?

To be honest, I've got a little problem with "top-three user created content". In this forum there are so many dedicated people with great projects.
I spend most of time in the German Part of LN, so I don't realize some workmanship. I like the worksheets (any learning material) and the various dictionaries. The most used document, I work with, is "Na'vi kurz und bündig" (a translated version of "Na'vi in a nutshell") . And for translating I use the external website "dict-navi.com"

I also appreciate the great fanarts and fanfictions.  Also the RPGs should be mentioned. People spend a lot of time and love to create fantastic things, that's great!

Quote from: Question #7Have you made any contributions to the LN community that you're particularly proud of?

My contribution to the LN community is an artistic one. I'm really proud of the song about the story of Avatar. It's my first complete self-made song, written in a language I know barely.  At the first German Avatar-fan-meeting we were sitting together around a campfire an sung the song together. In this moment I felt so proud, so happy, I'll never forget this evening.
Another contribution was the radio interview in cooperation with Plumps. He asked me if I wanted to be interviewed, too. How could I say no? :D 

Quote from: Question #8What is it that you liked/hated the most about Avatar ?

In Cinema I've seen AVATAR three times and at home about 20-30 times. Like I wrote in #2:  I fell in love with Pandora, with the Na'vi, with the animals and with the landscape. And I hate Hellsgate, such a dirty, gray and soulless area.

Quote from: Question #9Has Avatar  changed your life in any way?

I'm not Avatard much. I never was blue colored, don't live in a tree, I hunt my foot in a supermarket, even the language I can't speak.
But in general I spend a lot of time in this forum. I traveled all across the country to meet some members and get new friendships. My mobile has an Avatar-ring tone. And in connection with the song I create my own fan-DVD. So yes, Avatar has changed my life a trifle.

Quote from: Question #10If you could ask Frommer or Cameron three movie or language related questions what would they be?

1.: Cameron:  Which part Norm Spellman will play in the second part? Will he survive?
2.: Frommer: Can you sing and if it's so, could you imagine to produce a song with me?
3.: Cameron: If you would have the choice, would you like to life on Pandora?

Quote from: Question #11What else do you do in you free time?

Aside from that, what I wrote in #1, I've got a little band and every Thursday we meet us and play together. I like to watch Anime and some "normal" series. I try to draw pictures, but I'm not very talented.

Quote from: Question #12Name your top three favorite Earth animals from most favorite to least. Why those? What's the animal you're most terrified of?

1. parrots and their conspecifics : I like birds in general,  but parrots furthermore are colorful and they can imitate sounds and voices.
2. squirrel monkeys: Some years ago, my family and I visit a monkey-park. There, one of the squirrel monkeys lay down on my sisters back and fell asleep. That was so cute.^^
3. frogs (the little green one): Maybe because my parents gave me the nickname "Frog" (because of always cold hands )
I'm really terrified of wasps, when I hear the buzz, I run away.

Quote from: Question #13Pirate, ninja, zombie, or robot?

Sometimes I dream I can fly like a bird. Escape the social borders. Be free.
Sometimes I dream that I'm strong or have some "powers". I want to save all people I love. I don't be scared of death, but I'm scared of losing important person, like my family.

Quote from: Question #14What three items would you take to a desert island and why?

I would take my guitar, some food and a crate of beer. Then I'll search a nice place on a cliff or beach and enjoy ma last days. (I hope the sun will shine all the time :D )
I'm not a person who life a lonesome fight against the weather, animals, oppressive heat and bone-chilling cold  and try still alive. Nevertheless I'll die in the end alone. I'll accept my fate and when the last beer is empty, I'll swim in the direction on sunset, safe in the knowledge that in my live there is nothing to be sorry for.

Quote from: Question #15If you could travel to anywhere in space and time (including fictional universes), where would you go and why?

I would like to travel to Pandora. There I would climbing through the Iknimaya, searching for the best place to enjoy the view. Maybe I should catch my own Ikran. :D

Quote from: Question #16If you were granted one single wish what would it be?

Maybe that sounds crazy, but I'll wish that humanity vanish from earth. At a moment's notice they should stop existing. The earth could reclaim and animals regain the land. In my opinion the best way to save nature.

Quote from: Question #17What is a question you'd ask yourself? How would you answer it?

Should I take marmalade or salami on my bread. Every morning the same question.   ;) sry, little Joke
Why there are evil person? Why peoples hate each other? Why we can't life in peaceful coexistence with nature?
I have no answer, maybe there is no answer. Maybe #16 would be the answer (of curse no possible answer).

Quote from: Question #18True or false?

1.: I made a 50km tour on foot ascending a hill/mountain within one day.
2.: My band and I played in front of over 10.000 people during a city fetival.
3.: I saw a shark in ocean, when I was diving (no show ore something like this).

Quote from: Question #19: My Life is AVTRWhat is the funniest, weirdest, or most embarrassing Na'vi or Avatar  related thing that has happened to you?

There were no special things.

Quote from: Question #20: Bonus Question Imagen you have got two sons - one weak, the other strong. Both wish for schooling, but you can only send one. Whom do you choose?

Mhh... a dilemma-situation, a tricky question! At first, either way, one son will be unhappy. So there is no right answer.
Without specific speculations about consequences for both, I would send the weak one to school. Because I think the strong one has better chances to make his own way without schooling.

Now my question for the next NotW: "Imagine, you find intelligent live somewhere in space and you should represent the whole humanity, what would you ask, if you're allowed to ask only one question to them. Why you choose this? 

Plumps

:D Congratulation for being NotW ;D

I like the question you'd ask Frommer about singing together with you ;) Nice touch.

;D Now you have gained your nick name for life – it's out in the open, everybody on the forum can use it. 'Frog'
Would be great to see you again soon.

No guessing with me ... I'm terribly bad at it anyway ;)

okrìsti

Woho René!
I would guess TTF. :)
Btw. I loved the long gone evenings in Skype where your were plucking the strings on your guitar, that was always amazing. :)
dA | nga tsun oehu pivlltxe fa skype: c4duser
awngeyä wìki sìltsan lu
txopu lu fya'o ne vawma pa'o – nawma karyu Yotxa

Hifkey'Tìranyu

Yeah, the good old days :D
There's no probleme to repeate such evenings.

ngeyä san rìkeana payspäyu ;)

Eana Tanhì

Congrats ma Hifkey'Tìranyu  :)
That is one interesting theory about vanishing humanity from earth.. I see your reasons for that :)
And you had evenings like that on Skype?! Sounds really fun..

My guess is TTF  ;)

btw.. Plumps, you have 2222 posts ;)

Dreams die first because people give them up so easily...

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Congrats ma Hifkey'Tìranyu on being chosen Na`vi of the week!

A lot of singers being chosen as of late. I think that is generally a good thing, and I am learning from all of the music!

As far as your T/F questions go, I am guessing F/T/T 50 km is a long ways to go in a day, especially if climbing.

We hold a variety of parrot species at our zoo, as well as squirrel monkeys, so I am familiar with those. (Haven't done much with birds in recent years-- our local bird club now comes in and cares for our birds. Have never done much at all with primates, although the squirrel monkeys are a lot of fun to watch. Our squirrel monkey enclosure is also set up so that anyone even stopping in our parking lot, without entering the zoo, can watch them.) As far as amphibians go though, we hold nothing. But I had several 'pet' frogs (which I would keep for a week or two and then release) while I was growing up. One pair of toads even showed me the respect of 'visiting' me a couple times after I released them :)

Quote from: Eana Tanhì on January 10, 2011, 01:55:56 PM

At least Plumps is not being accused of crashing the LearnNavi server like I was when my post count reached 666....  ::)

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Talis

QuoteI chose Norm Spellman, I really like him.
Oh yes, he is so cool :D I really liked when he said this "yeeeesss, we're going to the mountains, we're going to the mountains!" this is so funny ;D
Bad thing to see Trudy dying... well... I hope he can handle this :(

QuoteAt the first German Avatar-fan-meeting we were sitting together around a campfire an sung the song together. In this moment I felt so proud, so happy, I'll never forget this evening.
Hell yea! This was great! It was so much fun :)

QuoteMaybe that sounds crazy, but I'll wish that humanity vanish from earth.
Your wish could come true if we're fighting for water in a century or so :/

QuoteAt first, either way, one son will be unhappy. So there is no right answer.
sorry for this question again  ::)

My guessing:
1.) If the first one is true, than I have to say "wow" - nice one!  ... but sorry I think this is'nt true. FALSE!
2.) Well... a little Band, but in a big town - let it be a band-match or something like this - I think this could be true. TRUE!
3.) While diving it's possible to see a shark and you said you were diving some times. TRUE!

And of course: Alles gute zum NotW! :)

Dreamlight

Conga-rats.

Quote from: Hifkey'Tìranyu on January 10, 2011, 04:53:39 AM
Quote from: Question #16If you were granted one single wish what would it be?

Maybe that sounds crazy, but I'll wish that humanity vanish from earth. At a moment's notice they should stop existing. The earth could reclaim and animals regain the land. In my opinion the best way to save nature.
Hear, hear!

1.: I made a 50km tour on foot ascending a hill/mountain within one day.
2.: My band and I played in front of over 10.000 people during a city fetival.
3.: I saw a shark in ocean, when I was diving (no show ore something like this).

This one is a tough call, but I'll say true, true, false.
http://www.reverbnation.com/inkubussukkubus
"Peace on Earth" was all it said.

Hifkey'Tìranyu

QuoteMaybe that sounds crazy, but I'll wish that humanity vanish from earth. At a moment's notice they should stop existing. The earth could reclaim and animals regain the land. In my opinion the best way to save nature.

Please don't think I hate humanity in general or something like that. But for nature it would be the best, if we would vanish. O lot of bad actions happened to our world, bot of corse good ones too.

My wish and the wish to life on Pandora in my opinion are based on the same reasons, escape from humanity.

QuoteWe hold a variety of parrot species at our zoo, as well as squirrel monkeys, so I am familiar with those.

That sounds great, but much as I like animals, I couldn't work in a zoo. There you're confronted with illness and death too. No, that's not for me. Nevertheless I like to visit our zoo much. :)

okrìsti

Quote from: Hifkey'Tìranyu on January 10, 2011, 06:14:50 PM
QuoteMaybe that sounds crazy, but I'll wish that humanity vanish from earth. At a moment's notice they should stop existing. The earth could reclaim and animals regain the land. In my opinion the best way to save nature.

Please don't think I hate humanity in general or something like that. But for nature it would be the best, if we would vanish. O lot of bad actions happened to our world, bot of corse good ones too.

Reminds me of the book The World without us by Alan Weisman. (Translated into several languages, have not read it yet, though.) ;)
dA | nga tsun oehu pivlltxe fa skype: c4duser
awngeyä wìki sìltsan lu
txopu lu fya'o ne vawma pa'o – nawma karyu Yotxa

Plumps

Quote from: Hifkey'Tìranyu on January 10, 2011, 06:14:50 PM
That sounds great, but much as I like animals, I couldn't work in a zoo. There you're confronted with illness and death too. No, that's not for me. Nevertheless I like to visit our zoo much. :)

Well, that's true, but that's part of life too, isn't it? Even on Pandora ;)
I'm always interested how people would actually imagine their life on Pandora ... living in harmony with nature ... sounds like a nice vacation in the jungle :) and yet, they had to kill to have food and run for their lives to survive :D

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on January 10, 2011, 03:46:55 PM
Quote from: Eana Tanhì on January 10, 2011, 01:55:56 PM

At least Plumps is not being accused of crashing the LearnNavi server like I was when my post count reached 666....  ::)

Well, such fleeting moments :P One instance you have 2222 posts, next time you respond, it's 2223+ :D

Ma Ayfalulukanä, you were? How rude ;) well, it didn't – that's all that counts ;)
Maybe pupupu* is the Na'vi word for superstition ;D

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: Plumps on January 11, 2011, 05:05:03 PM

Well, such fleeting moments :P One instance you have 2222 posts, next time you respond, it's 2223+ :D

Ma Ayfalulukanä, you were? How rude ;) well, it didn't – that's all that counts ;)
Maybe pupupu* is the Na'vi word for superstition ;D

But 2222 is still a cool number.
The server actually did crash at the point my post count was 666. Was down for several hours. I do know, however, that my post count had absolutely nothing to do with the crash. Still though, 66610 is kawnga vrrtep. And someone noticed.....

http://forum.learnnavi.org/website-info/server-trouble-on-12910/

Now, back to Hifkey'Tìranyu's NoTW thread....

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Ftiafpi

Finally getting a chance to check these again! (Goodness I've been busy.)

Txantsan, glad to have more engineers on here (I'm a Civil/Structural myself). Wou! I had no idea you did the guitar for the song with tsmukan Talis! That was the first Na'vi fan song that I really enjoyed and listened to regularly.

Hmmm, just noticed that this topic wasn't stickied. I fixed that.

Anyway, congratulations on becoming Na'vi of the Week, I hope you do continue to make music for our lì'fya leNa'vi olo'.

Hifkey'Tìranyu

I really try to make other songs but I've no ideas for lyrics. Songwriting isn't my force.
Maybe if someone of you could inspire me, I'll be grateful.^^

Plumps

You will get your inspiration sooner or later, I'm sure ;)

Hifkey'Tìranyu

Kaltxì ma eylan

my last 30h as NotW begins, if you have any questions please ask, tomorrow I'll solve my statements.

Tsakrrvay

zineketaye

Seykxel sì nitram, ma Hifkey'Tiranyu!

For this late guess I'll go with F/T/T.

Your answer to the bonus question, your way to explain it, met my thoughts on that. Since I got two sons (and a daughter too), I tried to imagine how it would work out in this, our real world. And you are quite right. There is no definite answer to this.

zineketaye

Projektprozente:
1 (aU): 5,0; 2: 0,0; 3: 26,3 (31,0; 26,3; 32,4)

Hifkey'Tìranyu

Yes, this is the problem of a dilemma.
And we can't take a look to future. We can't estimate what will come. Every decision affect the future. A bad situation could turn out to be something good, but the other way around too. That's live^^

But with common sense, trust and love, we don't need to be afraid of future.

With these little philosophial deliberations, I'll end my day and go to sleep (I hate it when the night alrady is over, when i go to bed. But it happens again and again :-\ )

Hifkey'Tìranyu

Hifkey'Tìranyu

Kaltxì ma eylan

here is the solution of my statemants:

Quote1.: I made a 50km tour on foot ascending a hill/mountain within one day.

Yes, thats TRUE. A friend and I made a hiking-tour to the Mountain/Hill "Brocken" and back. (about 20km both ways together)
After we arrived bottom again, we thought, lets walk to the next city "Wernigerode" (circa 20km)
But we stray because of missing destination boards, so we walked in a wrong direction for an hour and had to go back all that way.
In total about 50km.

But the last kilometers, I don't feel my legs, I trudge me from busstop to busstop and took short rests. 12h on feet at a spanking pace, I'll never do that again! :)

Quote2.: My band and I played in front of over 10.000 people during a city fetival.

unfortunately FALSE, my band and I had only one "gig". In a small café with 20 guests and we only played one song. A funny story, because it was non-scheduled and our bassist was absent. So wie improvised a song, we never played completely and I took the bass instead of guitar. But it was great.  :D

Quote3.: I saw a shark in ocean, when I was diving (no show ore something like this).

TRUE! When I dived in a reef near the island Lanzarote (Canary Islands), I saw a "sawback angelshark" [Squatina aculeata]. Length 120cm, a harmless species, but a shark ;)

Talis

Oh damn, I was wrong :/

First: nice one, 50km in the mountains is a hard way to go!
Second: hmm but some day you'll do that ;)
Third: Ha! at least one thing I expected :D