NotW #5: Hawnu UnilTxep

Started by Hawnu UnilTxep, May 18, 2010, 03:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawnu UnilTxep

1. Who are you?

I am a small town girl from middle of a weather bubble, Maryland.  My dad was in the Navy [and is still working for them] so I've never stayed in one place for very long.  I'm restless at heart and never stick with just one thing for very long.  I hate routine, and will do things spontaneously just to spice things us.
I'm an EMT and a student at college. Eventually I want to be either a Paramedic or a Cop of some sort.  When my kids are long gone out of the house I would love to pursue paleontology.
I have one daughter at the moment. She's turning 3 next week! She loves Spongebob, violence, and bugs. Always with the bugs. Her favorite colour is blue, though she loves all the colours. She loves pretending like she's me with the doctor kit I bought for her :]

2. Why are you here?

I originally came here after seeing the movie the second time.  I remember wondering, "I wonder if its an actual language." And, lo and behold!! It was! :D I was so excited.
I had a lil hiatus there for a while, but I'm back now. :] I am active [or soon will be] on the RP board and on the Real Na'vi Tribe board, on which I am a mod and one of the founders.
I try to be on at least for a little while each day, even if its just reading. 
I want to become fluent in Na'vi.  My soldier is interested in it too, so that'll be good. *wink wink*

3. Where do your alias and profile pic come from?

My original alias [Unil Txep] just sounded cool.  Then I went and translated my RL name, which meant "protector, shielder" and so... I have Hawnu.  Yeah I KNOW it should be Hawnuyu, but there's already someone with that name on here, and Hawnu sounds good anyway so :P
I used to have a Na'vi-ized pic of me up as my pic, but I changed it a while ago to my current one *grin*
It's true. You feel safer when you sleep with an EMT. Mrow.

4. Srak nga tsun nìna'vi pivlltxe?

I'm very basic/beginner still. I am also teaching my daughter some Na'vi.  I converted my soldier, a guy from my EMT class, and one of my friends... most people think I'm crazy. Oh well. Everyone at the station does, lol. They tease me about not understanding what I write on my facebook. OH WELL. That's the point. My soldier gets it, and that's what matters!!

5. What's you favorite Na'vi word? Did you incorporate it (or others) into your everyday vocab?

Tsamsiyu. [warrior] its my nickname for my soldier... obviously.  Heehee. I also like Nan'tang, just because its fun to say! I txt some people from the board and we write in na'vi.  Kinda odd but its fun. :]

6. In your opinion, what are the top three user-created content on the LN website?

The Pocket Guide, Taronyu's dictionaries, and the jmemorize and the other flashcard program things. Those help A TON. I also can't wait to try the workbook out... [Coyote is sending it to me ;] ]

7. Have you made any contributions to the LN community that you're particularly proud of?

Well... The only major thing is helping to start the Na'vi Tribe, though I've become a little disconnected because of all the stress from school... and EMT stuffs.  But that's okay, I'm getting back in.  I will of course do anything I can to make that a reality.

8. What is it that you liked/hated the most about Avatar ?

I've seen it at least ten times. The first time I saw it was with my good friend, Cody. It was... amazing. Mind boggling and life-changing to be certain.  I saw it again with a different friend on New Year's Eve [yeah, my first hour of the new year was spent watching Avatar] and then I saw it again... and again... and then it came out on DVD...
My Mom didn't think she would like it, but she came home and was like :O OMG THAT WAS AMAZING. I was like, pssh yeah, I know!!
I first really heard of the movie from my tattoo artist, and he was just going on and on about how awesome and awe-inspiring it was. I think he will flip when I tell him I want to get an Ato'kirina somewhere on me. He said he wanted to do one ;]
When I went back to get the tat finished [my raven on my left ribs] we talked for at least an hour about the movie. He was so glad that I loved it.
I don't really think I hated anything about it... Could've had more about their culture, and I want that Na'vi book to be real...

9. Has Avatar changed your life in any way?

Yeah, it has. It kinda makes you take a step back and say "WOAH" lets reevaluate how we're living our lives.  I don't want our society to come to this.
Kinda like Wall-E.  Yknow?
Anyway, I would love to live like a Na'vi, and so every chance I get I take my daughter outside, in the woods, building up our endurance and our love for the place... She's amazingly hardy.  I'm trying to teach her the respect she should show for the animals, bugs, and trees, but she has too much of her father in her.  But she's learning.
Yeah, I did "'shop" my photo, not well but I did.

10. If you could ask Frommer or Cameron three movie or language related questions what would they be?

Can I be in the next movie? PLEASE??????

I would love to have some technology words in Na'vi, like TV, cell phone...

I would also love to have some words for Earth animals... like fish and butterfly.

11. What else do you do in you free time?

I'm a vigilante. No, I'm not joking, I'm serious.
I'm an EMT.
I write and draw.
I design clothes and jewelery.
I quilt, and am currently working on one for when I get married.
I hike, do archery, and practice magick.
I'm on my phone a lot...
I like to belly dance and have been told I'm pretty good.

12. Name your top three favorite Earth animals from most favorite to least. Why those? What's the animal you're most terrified of?

Toads/ Frogs. Why? They're fun and unless you're in a rainforest or something they really can't hurt you.

Wolves. Because its cliched. Haha. I dunno, I've always loved wolves. Hades, I've got a wolf blanket I sleep under every night.

American Buffalo.  They're beautiful creatures. I saw herds and herds of them when we went cross country. I have a stone charm with one on it.  I don't want them to die out. I wanna save them.

I am TERRIFIED OF:
Jellyfish. Very anti-climatic. They're pretty to look at, but when there's glass separating us. thanks.
Albino bats. Always been a fear... had a really weird dream about them once and since then I just can't stand to think about them. I'm not afraid of regular bats though.
Dogs. Not all dogs. But this one time I was sleeping at my friend's house [I was sick and so I was sleeping on his couch] and his dog was sitting right in my face when I woke up. I screamed. I had a full-blown panic attack.  Why am I so terrified of dogs? because I've had rabid, stray dogs chase me before. For like a half a mile down a dirt road. My boyfriend at the time took out his BB gun and shot the dogs [this was in Texas] but I'm still terrified. If I know the dog, and the owner is right there, and its leashed, I'm fine. But I will never own a dog... unless I raise it from a pup. Sorry, just how its gonna be.

13.  Pirate, ninja, zombie, or robot?

I used to always dress up as a pirate, but I'd have to say NINJA.
Why?
Because ninjas can kick your a$$ and you wouldn't even know what hit ya.
I've also studied the techniques and its all ancient but still viable. I love it.

1. What three items would you take to a desert island and why?

A fully loaded Kindle. Because I love to read. I'd make sure I could write on it too.

A dog. I know its not an item persay, but I would sitll bring one. Be good for company and for hunting.

A guitar, acoustic. 'tisn't a life with no music, man.

15. If you could travel to anywhere in space and time (including fictional universes), where would you go and why?

I know I should say "Pandora" but I'm not.
I would go back to the revolutionary days of the US and make a few changes to the constitution. Heehee.

16. If you were granted one single wish what would it be?

A bank account with an infinite amount of funds. I would then use that money to pay off all the debts in America, put all the monopolies back in the small business owner's hands, patron all the science institutions that wanted to help clean the ozone and stop global warming, feed the hungry, and eventually maybe have world peace.  Also, give all the cops, EMTs, and Firefighters a well deserved RAISE.

17. What is a question you'd ask yourself? How would you answer it?

Did I have fun with Coyote when he came to visit?

Yes, yes I did. It was worth the 2 hour drive.

18. True or false?

I thought that "Avatar" was "Avatar: The Last Airbender" originally.

Every morning, I go for a run around my neighborhood [that's a half-mile run]

I paint my nails seafoam green!

19. What is the funniest, weirdest, or most embarrassing Na'vi or Avatar  related thing that has happened to you?

Haha, one of my friends from the station thought that it was JAPANESE. I almost busted out laughing.
This one time, I was teaching my friend in EMT class some basics [one of the converted], and the teacher walks over, looks down at the piece of paper, shakes his head at the both of us, and walks away. Me and Chris just bust out laughing.

20. I'll edit this when I go and see what it was, lol.

Please PM me if you are still interested in the real Na'vi tribe.

kewnya txamew'itan

T/F/T (I plead T to first myself so I'm hoping I'm not alone).

And the best way to learn is to practice, post some sentences up and we'll all be glad to help.  :)
Internet Acronyms Nìna'vi

hamletä tìralpuseng lena'vi sngolä'eiyi. tìkangkem si awngahu ro
http://bit.ly/53GnAB
The translation of Hamlet into Na'vi has started! Join with us at http://bit.ly/53GnAB

txo nga new oehu pivlltxe nìna'vi, nga oer 'eylan si mì fayspuk (http://bit.ly/bp9fwf)
If you want to speak na'vi to me, friend me on facebook (http://bit.ly/bp9fwf)

numena'viyä hapxì amezamkivohinve
learnnavi's

Le'eylan

Congrats to the NoTW :D

About the true/false I think it is... true/false/true ::)
Krro krro pamrel seri fìtsengmì, alu oey pìlok leNa'vi
Sometimes writing here, on my Na'vi blog
=^● ⋏ ●^=

Niwantaw

Only mostly AWOL.

Hawnu UnilTxep

heehee, thanks ma aysmuk!
Yeah... when I get some written I'll post them up lol.

thanks to coyote for nominating me :] he called me today, lol. threw me off... but that's cool.

Coyote

Hey, Hawnu! Good to see you here again!!

Let's see... I'll wager...

#1: True-- because I, too, thought it was going to be a movie about "the Last Airbender".

#2: I say True, because Hawnu is a pixie-petite girl and a 1/2 mile run for her is the equivilent of a full mile because of her short legs. (Now, if I'm ever in the DC/Maryland area again, I'm going to get the bejeezus slapped out of me, heh!) No, actually, I bet you have to do some sort of run for EMT training, right? I have to do Army physical fitness tests periodically, so...(?)

#3: False. I think they are a sort of Na'vi/azure blue with white glowy spots on them. Or black with little skulls. But I'll have to fly back out to see for sure.
In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

Sopyu

umm how do you mix up black with little skulls and the color of a navi? anyway im guessing T/T/F i myself go for a 7 mile walk to the local zoo just to sit on a rock and get some thinking done. (My friends think im crazy. . . thier probably right. but I feel alot better about myself because of those walks.) my friend's stepdad was part of the military. he had to stay in shape so I think it would make good sense that you try too. whats more I thought this was a movie about the cartoon show avatar the last air bender at first too.
wake up with a smile not a grunt. start with a smile and dont let anyone take it from you. its your smile. others have thier own they just have yet to find it yet.
never tell someone off. but try to make them see why you are not pleased
look at things from not both sides but from all the sides.
love life because someday the energy that is you. the energy that you have borrowed will be returned.
do not greave for those who have left us. you will see them again and share your laughs once more.

kewnya txamew'itan

Quote from: Unil Key on May 18, 2010, 04:21:59 PM
umm how do you mix up black with little skulls and the color of a navi? anyway im guessing T/T/F i myself go for a 7 mile walk to the local zoo just to sit on a rock and get some thinking done. (My friends think im crazy. . . thier probably right. but I feel alot better about myself because of those walks.) my friend's stepdad was part of the military. he had to stay in shape so I think it would make good sense that you try too. whats more I thought this was a movie about the cartoon show avatar the last air bender at first too.

I managed because I knew nothing about either at that time.

The only reason I saw avatar was because one of my friends said it was meant to be great.

The translation of Hamlet into Na'vi has started! Join with us at http://bit.ly/53GnAB

txo nga new oehu pivlltxe nìna'vi, nga oer 'eylan si mì fayspuk (http://bit.ly/bp9fwf)

learnnavi's

Muzer

T/T/F

I did the first one myself...
[21:42:56] <@Muzer> Apple products used to be good, if expensive
[21:42:59] <@Muzer> now they are just expensive

Coyote

Quote from: Unil Key on May 18, 2010, 04:21:59 PM
umm how do you mix up black with little skulls and the color of a navi?

Because I'm being silly!  :D
In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Congratulations on being NoTW!

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Hawnu UnilTxep

Haha! You guys are so silly ^^
And thankies :D

Do I get a 20th question coyote...?

Coyote

Quote from: Hawnu UnilTxep on May 20, 2010, 12:58:10 PM
Haha! You guys are so silly ^^
And thankies :D

Do I get a 20th question coyote...?

Yes you do, young lady!

And here it is!

Scenario: Politics are a mess, and the President is frustrated. Liberal and Conservative, Republican and Democrat, they can't agree on anything. In a daring and bold move, the President decides to do something radical: he seeks an ordinary person to serve as a voice on his Cabinet-- someone with no political ties or doesn't owe any favors to a big corporation or anything else.

The Senate, House, and Supreme Court all agree to go along --anything to break the deadlock of ideas. They have a computer randomly select an American citizen to come advise the President and leadership of the USA for the next two years.

Your name pops out!

You are led to the halls of power in a Secret Service limo; there's a background check and all that, of course, but you're it! For th enext two years, the people in charge will listen to what you have to say and will make an earnest attempt to implement your ideas (so long as they are realisitc and don't involve crazy things like disbanding the government, or something dangerous like nuking othe rcountries).

So, congratulations, Presidential Advisor, you enter the Oval Office and President Obama looks at you, welcomes you, shakes your hand and invites you to sit down, and discuss what you think are the most important things we as a nation need to do.

What do you tell him?

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:

Hawnu UnilTxep

Humm... Coyote... Humm.

I would bring up some things that he might not have thought about... but first just let me say that I don't like President Obama.  I don't like him at all.  Now then.

I would say legalise gay marriage, and allow them to adopt. Gods damn, there are so many kids without loving homes and so many gay couples who want to love a child or children.  It's ridiculous.  This also solves a bit of the, yknow, over population issue.  If people don't like it, then they can ignore it.  I would also outlaw refusing service to someone because they are gay. That's called DISCRIMINATION.

I would get him to take out everything to do with religion out of the money system, the pledge of allegiance, and SCHOOLS.  Did you know we read bible stories and literature based on the Bible in school? DID YOU?  I bet he didn't, or he likes it.  No one in my class was Christian, btw.

I would sit down and have a long talk with him about health care.  Yes, it needs to be reformed, but the little s*** he did was nothing.  Just made people angry. I would slap some sense into him.

I would legalise marijuana.  Yeah, I said it.  I don't like it, but hell, it would get some drug dealers out of the jails for the real criminals, and save the state and country a lot of money, man.  Besides, people are going to do it if they want to, anyway.  So who cares?

One word: SCHOOLS.
Kids are learning how to take tests, not how to learn or succeed.  They're learning to veg out on sodas and junk food.  I would take out all those damned vending machines out of schools, and personally work on a better meal plan.  If the kids don't like it, bring your own damn lunch, you lazies. 
I would institute an actual Sex Ed course.  No, its not optional.  No, you can't have your parents sign a slip and you opt out.  That's not how life works.  You sit in there with the rest of your peers and have some REAL people tell you what happens when you have sex.  Oh yeah, it would happen.  Parents aren't doing it, so the government should step in.  And yeah, there should be free contraceptives and condoms.  Because, guess what?! Kids are stupid and don't think.  They also need to be taught what ACTUALLY constitutes rape.  Boys need to be shown that its not pretty.
All kids should have to take an anatomy class.
All kids should have to take a geography class.  Did you know some people don't know that Australia is a Country AND a continent? REALLY?! I had to take it in school in VA, and they didn't here in MD. I can tell the difference. I loved that class.

Re-work the bank system some how. Banks aren't there to make money.  They're there to loan money and to keep money safe until they owner of that money needs it.

Bring our troops home. They aren't doing one damned good thing in most the places they are.  Just giving a lot of young men and women PTSD. We don't need that. Nate doesn't need that, poor baby.

Make being a vigilante legal.  Get a lot of bad people off the streets without spending any more money on cops [though I would still suggest that all public workers get raises. BIG ONES].

Make it the law to recycle.  Implement fines.
Make it illegal to tell someone they can't plant a tree there.  Do you know how much paperwork I have to go through by the HOA to plant a tree? REALLY?!! I don't think so!

Do some undercover work with the food business. Look and gather evidence on the cruelty to the animals we rely on for food. DO SOMETHING about it. Fund the farmers ourselves, if we have to.

:] Good question, Coyote. Right up my alley.

kewnya txamew'itan

By literature based on the bible, do you mean things that have close parallels to the bible (the lion, the witch and the wardrobe or the lord of the flies for example) or actual bible passages. If the former I can't see anything wrong with reading them, you may not agree with the author on their views about religion but, as I understand it, no-one would be asking you to.

As for allowing vigilantes, might that not plant the idea in people's minds that sometimes violence is ok and so reduce their inhibitions towards violence against someone who isn't necessarily a criminal?

Other than that, I'm pretty much there with you (the marijuana I'm not sure either way and the health care, well I don't know enough about the situation over in the states to decide what needs to be done about it).

learnnavi's

Ikranä mokri

QuoteDid you know some people don't know that Australia is a Country AND a continent? REALLY?!

actually Oceania is the continent Australia is just a country *cowers* dont hit please

but i agree on pretty much everything you have said especially the legalising marijuana XD, the gay adoption (its weird I am one of the most accepting homophobes ever) and pretty much everything else.

and i defiately agree with you about the troops, we British should also pull out, when we westerners medle in middle eastern politics it always ends badly, also I dont want my dad, godfather and a load of my older friends out there any longer

Tirea Tskoyä has a new look see it[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-

Niwantaw

just a little (mildly amusing) quote i found
Quoteour missiles are cleverer than the average high school student.... at least they can find Kuwait
i can't remember who said that because it was in a book of quotes i read a while ago
Only mostly AWOL.

Mako

OMG congrats! I'm a little late :P

Coyote

Quote from: Hawnu UnilTxep on May 21, 2010, 11:57:02 PM
Humm... Coyote... Humm.

I would bring up some things that he might not have thought about... but first just let me say that I don't like President Obama.  I don't like him at all.
I'm "okay" with him, myself, but I can understand the reasons not to like him.

The gay rights thing in general is a good stance, I certainly agree to that. And chasing church out of the schools, too.

QuoteI would sit down and have a long talk with him about health care.  Yes, it needs to be reformed, but the little s*** he did was nothing.  Just made people angry. I would slap some sense into him.
Yeah, that was a baby step-- really, what was reformed was the health insurance industry, and not health care. The problem is, it is not so much the President but what Congress and Senate will let him get away with. There's a lot of people in those two branches of government with fat campaign paychecks from the insurance industry, and they'll do anything to block reform.

QuoteI would legalise marijuana.  Yeah, I said it.  I don't like it, but hell, it would get some drug dealers out of the jails for the real criminals, and save the state and country a lot of money, man.  Besides, people are going to do it if they want to, anyway.  So who cares?
I recently learned that there's a difference between legalizing it and "decriminalizing" it. I guess if it is "de-criminalized" then the end users, the people who smoke it, aren't penalized, but the illegal cartels can still be busted if they are caught. If it is fully legalized, then the cartels can't be busted for it. But state-run hemp farms, growing for customers and getting taxes for it? That'd be a good deal.

QuoteOne word: SCHOOLS.
Kids are learning how to take tests, not how to learn or succeed.  They're learning to veg out on sodas and junk food.  I would take out all those damned vending machines out of schools, and personally work on a better meal plan.  If the kids don't like it, bring your own damn lunch, you lazies.  
I would institute an actual Sex Ed course.  No, its not optional.  No, you can't have your parents sign a slip and you opt out.  That's not how life works.  You sit in there with the rest of your peers and have some REAL people tell you what happens when you have sex...
Good plan. And necessary.

QuoteAll kids should have to take a geography class.  Did you know some people don't know that Australia is a Country AND a continent? REALLY?! I had to take it in school in VA, and they didn't here in MD. I can tell the difference. I loved that class.
Geography and history, not that I am biased in any way of course.  ;)

QuoteRe-work the bank system some how. Banks aren't there to make money.  They're there to loan money and to keep money safe until they owner of that money needs it.
I'd like to see the Glass-Steagal act resurrected, so that investment banks can't run their own in-house property loan offices to rubber-stamp approvals for subprime lenders. That and line-item veto again, but that's another rant.

QuoteBring our troops home. They aren't doing one damned good thing in most the places they are.  Just giving a lot of young men and women PTSD. We don't need that. Nate doesn't need that, poor baby.
That one is sticky. The problem is, something needed to be done, at least about Afghanistan. The charges of American "imperialism" in Afghanistan ring hollow because that was one place where we left them alone, completely. In the 1980's we sold them weapons to defeat the Soviets but after it was done we were 'gone, baby gone'. We totally left them alone but they still attacked us through al-Quaeda.

Iraq can be argued because there really was no pressing need to attack; they had nothing to do with 9-11, although I think at some point we were going to be drawn into something there because that was a leftover problem from the 1991 Gulf War that was never solved. But while I am certain we'd have to face a showdown of some sort there, we didn't have a pressing need to go to war at the time we did. Fortunately Iraq is simmering and American troops are not involved in a lot of the fighting there now (our guys do convoy escort, which is dangerous, but not as bad as the other stuff like route-clearance, which was a big IED magnet). But I say none of this lightly; after all I went there once and there is a chance I could end up going again. I do think we haven't done enough diplomatically around the world to prevent future attacks, though...

QuoteMake being a vigilante legal.  Get a lot of bad people off the streets without spending any more money on cops [though I would still suggest that all public workers get raises. BIG ONES].
That can be dangerous-- after all, the KKK thought they were "protecting good people" and "curbing criminal elements" when they lynched Black people. I like the idea of "shall-issue" concealed carry permits for those that qualify, though.

QuoteMake it the law to recycle.  Implement fines.
Make it illegal to tell someone they can't plant a tree there.  Do you know how much paperwork I have to go through by the HOA to plant a tree?
This may be regional, but I don't believe we have to fill out any permits out here to plant trees. But you're talking about a home-owner's association, which I loathe. They start out with the best of intentions, sure --"don't pile trash on the front yard, don't play loud music after dark, etc"-- but they become power mad after awhile and start with the ridiculous rules about how many inches away from the fence a tree or shrub can be, and where lawn clippings have to be placed, etc. HOAs should be limited if not outright banned.

QuoteDo some undercover work with the food business. Look and gather evidence on the cruelty to the animals we rely on for food. DO SOMETHING about it. Fund the farmers ourselves, if we have to.
I buy from a local co-op when I can, or "cruelty-free" and organic when I can find it. I refuse to let my money participate in the processed foods industry.

Quote:] Good question, Coyote. Right up my alley.
I figured you'd like this!  ;D

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:

Hawnu UnilTxep

Quote from: kemeoauniaea on May 22, 2010, 04:27:51 AM
By literature based on the bible, do you mean things that have close parallels to the bible (the lion, the witch and the wardrobe or the lord of the flies for example) or actual bible passages. If the former I can't see anything wrong with reading them, you may not agree with the author on their views about religion but, as I understand it, no-one would be asking you to.

As for allowing vigilantes, might that not plant the idea in people's minds that sometimes violence is ok and so reduce their inhibitions towards violence against someone who isn't necessarily a criminal?

Other than that, I'm pretty much there with you (the marijuana I'm not sure either way and the health care, well I don't know enough about the situation over in the states to decide what needs to be done about it).

No, it was like the author's adaptation of like the Christian Creation story.  Stuff like that. Ew.

It might, but... I think the good would greatly outweigh the harm.  They would have to be regulated, of course ;] But they're gonna do it anyway, might as well let these people who want to change the world, even just a little, do it with some legality.

Coyote: I'm glad you liked my ideas. Heehee.  And I am working on the workbook!! :D <3 thankies.

Answers: TFF... heehee.