NotW #55 Ftxavanga Txe'lan

Started by Ftxavanga Txe′lan, May 09, 2011, 06:19:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: Question #1Who are you?

To begin with, I'm Marianne! :D I come from Canada, more precisely Québec. That specification is very important because, to be honest, I consider myself not only as a French Canadian, but mostly as a Québécoise. :) I'm very proud of my province and identify myself deeply with it. I currently live in a very awful suburbian city that is pretty close to Montréal. ;) You can guess I don't like it but, at least, I can take the bus and go have some fun in the big city close by! ;D I'm officially an adult (for us the majority age is 18), and I'll turn 19 this summer. :)

Not very surprisingly, I speak French and English (a must for everyone in Québec, according to me :3). Furthermore, one of my biggest prides is my pretty good knowledge of German, which isn't perfect at all but is being worked on every day. :) I am also learning some bits of Na'vi, Quenya and Swedish very slowly, but with much enthusiasm and love! ;D Apart from that, well, I'm currently a student in literature at the Dawson College and enjoy it very much! :) At university, I plan on doing major/minor studies in German and linguistics.

Also, an important thing to know about me is that I've lived in Germany for a year in 2009-2010, as an exchange student. I've been in a host family of Lübeck and have attended school there. :) It has been the most wonderful and life-chaning experience of my whole existence. <3

Quote from: Question #2Why are you here?

My Na'vi and LN story is very commonplace, but still funny. :3 I remember falling in love with Avatar instantly, and hearing very early about a Pandoran language - but only vaguely. It is only months later that I finally did extensive research and found out Na'vi did exist and was truly developed. :D This must have been somewhere in the summer of 2010, I think! At that time, I encountered the forum and felt the urge to register, but I was feeling too insignificant and insecure and delayed doing so. ;P It's only in the fall of 2010 that I finally decided to register, and I must say I deeply regretted my hesitation afterwards. ><

Quote from: Question #3Where do your alias and profile pic come from?

Finding my alias actually required a considerable amount of time. :D I wanted a Na'vi name that can be translated, has a real significance for me and represents me very well. I did a LOT of tries and awful combinations (made even more awful by the fact that my Na'vi knowledge was at that time almost non-existent) and, after weeks of search, I finally settled on the simple and yet charming Ftxavanga Txe'lan, which seemed appropriate to me, sounded beautiful to my ears and undoubtedly contained no mistake. ;) Regarding my profile pic, well I changed it very often, but the actual one is simply a picture of Galadriel that I found somewhere and edited. :D It was an intentional choice to fit Tsäroltxe's current avatar of Celeborn. :3

Quote from: Question #4Srak nga tsun nìna'vi pivlltxe?

I actually don't speak Na'vi very well at all, to be honest! :O But I don't complain too much about it, since it's my fault. ;) At the beginning, I was working intensely with the language and got to an acceptable level, but what happened is that I started lacking time because of school at some point and kinda let go. I must admit I am very sad about that! I believe I'm going to go back to it this summer, and I'll also establish a plan for me to be able to maintain my learning during the school year. :D

I love the language for its beauty, exotism, and particularly because it is spoken by the Na'vi. I would like to get to a high level with it: basically being able to understand and express myself in pretty much any situation. :) I'm fully aware that's gonna time a long time, though! ;) Up until now, my strategy has been to go through both grammar and vocab at the same time, and to make sure I practice regularly. :D

The people around me.. well, those of them who know me well know about my love for Na'vi! ;D Most people think it's funny and/or awesome, and some of them even ask me questions, details or explanations - which, of course, always makes me very happy. :'D

Quote from: Question #5What's you favorite Na'vi word? Did you incorporate it (or others) into your everyday vocab?
I particularly like the words vrrtep, frrfen, lì'fya, and a couple of others that I can't remember right now. :) In general, I really enjoy pronouncing the ejectives and the rr's, and writtenly-speaking I like words that contain 'ì' because I think it looks awesome and somehow distinguishes Na'vi. :D I use them regularly when I write in Na'vi on LN or by myself, but I wouldn't say it's part of my everyday vocab.

Quote from: Question #6In your opinion, what are the top three user-created content on the LN website?

I really used those two resources a lot during my learning process, they are awesome! :)

1) NeotrekkerZ's Na'vi in a Nutshell
2) Taronyu's English-Na'vi and Na'vi-English dictionaries

Also, the 'Pivängkxo nìNa'vi ko!' thread in the 'Neytiri Project' forums helped me a great deal practicing regularly and learning in a very concrete, interactive and fun way. :)

Quote from: Question #7Have you made any contributions to the LN community that you're particularly proud of?

I am somewhat ashamed to say that but, quite frankly, I haven't offered a very valuable contribution to LN so far. :O The only thing I can think of is a document for beginners. :) Apart from that, I think I participate to the community simply by making sure always to be kind with everyone and to encourage fellows of the forums when they're feeling down. :3 It's cheesy, I know, but being nice is the best way I know for someone who can't help in a "concrete" way (in this case in the learning of Na'vi) to contribute to the community. :D

Quote from: Question #8What is it that you liked/hated the most about Avatar ?

What I really, really liked about Avatar is all the beautiful values and ideals that the film promotes. I think the purest and noblest aspects of Human kind are embodied by the Na'vi and, for that reason, I find the story, the culture and practically everything related to that folk absolutely breath-taking and amazing. :)

Up to know, I must have watched the film around 15 or 20 times - but for the time being, I honestly don't really feel the urgent need to watch it again, because the Na'vis are already a part of me and Avatar's story is engraved into my heart forever.

Quote from: Question #9Has Avatar  changed your life in any way?

The most evident way in which Avatar changed me lies, I think, in my psyche. :) I don't think anyone can really see the change from the outside, cause everything has occurred inside of me. Avatar strenghtened some of my values (for instance the importance of environment and community), and it gave me hope of a better world, as well as faith and courage in men (or, should I rather say, some of them). :) I do feel like a Na'vi now, and I welcome heartily that improvement in my personality and person! :3 

Quote from: Question #10If you could ask Frommer or Cameron three movie or language related questions what would they be?

1) Pawl: What three words would you use to describe the Na'vi language?
2) Cameron: Who is your favourite character in Avatar?
3) Cameron: Would you like to be a Na'vi?

Quote from: Question #11What else do you do in you free time?

Well, I must admit I spend a great deal of my time on computer. :D I usually mostly visit LN, Facebook, Youtube and stuff like that - and, more importantly, I spend every bit of time I can spare talking to Tsärlotxe. :3 I also enjoy talking with other friends that I found on LN (some of them are greatly important to me). :D Very important activities of mine are also getting hyper about anything related to Tolkien and his works, Germany and Avatar. <3 Those three elements are sacred and super crucial to me, and they are constantly involved in my life. ;P Other than that, I guess I can say music is super important to me as well, because I'm always either listening to some or having a song on my mind, and I constantly sing, hum and tap the beat. ;P Also, I enjoy doing some activities with my "face-to-face" friends, playing with my beloved cat Mia, eating chocolate and reading - as well as many other things I won't bother naming. :)

Quote from: Question #12Name your top three favorite Earth animals from most favorite to least. Why those? What's the animal you're most terrified of?

1) CATS! One major thing to know about me is that I totally revere them. <3 I love each single cat of the planet and could spend my whole life just looking at them with stars in the eyes. :) If you wanna be my ennemy forever, kill a cat! :o hrh

2) Bears. :) My little German host sister had a teddy bear named Bärchen and she absolutely loved bears overall. Since that time, they have a special place in my heart, too! :3

3) Platypus! :D Just because it's an awesome combination of other animals, cute and friendly-looking.

(Here's a photo for those who don't know what animal I'm talking about. ;P)

The animal I'm the most afraid of.. hm.. I can't think of any! :O I think I love all animals and can't bring myself to dislike a race, whatever ugly or scary it might be considered by most people. :D Though, I admit I wouldn't wanna meet a pyton or other dangerous species. ;)

Quote from: Question #13Pirate, ninja, zombie, or robot?

Ninja, all the way! :'D I wish I was able to fight epic battles and do some cool stunts like in action movies. :)

Quote from: Question #14What three items would you take to a desert island and why?

1) "The Silmarillion" by J.R.R. Tolkien, cause it'd keep me busy the whole time memorizing all the characters and events and working with the Elvish bits. ;P
2) A comfortable blanket so I can have some good sleep, warmth and confort! :D
3) My beloved Mac Pro, just because I can't part from it. ;) I'd absolutely need internet with it! hrh

Quote from: Question #15If you could travel to anywhere in space and time (including fictional universes), where would you go and why?

I'd go back into the past live in Middle-earth, definitely. <3 Just cause I dream of this place and find it wonderful! I'd love being an Elf, a Hobbit, a Dwarf, a Dúnadan, or even a woman living in Rohan. (: Other than that, I would say Germany since it's the location on Earth that I love the most. :3 And Florida wouldn't be bad either at the moment! ;D hrh Also, taking a look at ancient civilizations, like the Greek, the Persian or the Egyptian, would be interesting. (:

Quote from: Question #16If you were granted one single wish what would it be?

If the wish must concern myself only, I would ask to have a happy, long and healthy life, full of love. :D If it can be anything, I'd ask that there's no pain on the planet anymore (be it psychological or physical suffering).

Quote from: Question #17What is a question you'd ask yourself? How would you answer it?

- Tu penses pas que tu t'voiles la face?
- Hein? Mais non, pas pantoute! :O

Quote from: Question #18True or false?

1) I learnt to cut my nails at age 16.
2) I have chronical and repetitive stomach pains since almost 10 years, and I went twice to the hospital because of that.
3) I know by heart most of the Elvish bits of the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy, including their spelling.

Quote from: Question #19: My Life is AVTRWhat is the funniest, weirdest, or most embarrassing Na'vi or Avatar  related thing that has happened to you?

Well, I haven't really experienced anything really intense yet, but there has been something pretty cool and funny once. :D I was wearing my Neytiri necklace in Germany during an activity with other exchange students, and at some point the German host father of one of those exchange students, whom I barely knew, told me "You're blue, eh? :'D" At first I couldn't understand what he was talking about and got confused, and when he saw my expression he laughed and said "I wish I had your necklace!", and only then did it click in my head. :P It was hilarious. ;P

Quote from: Question #20: Bonus QuestionAs asked by Yayo.

2. Have you ever played "extreme paper, scissors rock?"

I'm not sure we mean the same thing here, but I think so, yes. (: I have played that often in my childhood, and still do pretty frequently! :D We call it "roche, papier, ciseaux". :)

3. What are your top 10 movies? (From best to worst)

Now that's very difficult! ;O In the right order, I can only give the following:
1) Lord of the Rings I-III
2) Avatar

I can't decide of an order for the rest, though, and I'm not able to eliminate any of the list even if it makes more than 10. :)
- Star Wars I-VI
- Brokeback Mountain
- Let the Right One In
- Disney's The Hunchback of Notre-Dame
- Edward Scissorhands
- Harry Potter I-III & VII
- Fracture
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
- The Matrix I-III
- Prince of Persia : The Sands of Time
- Millennium I-III
- Sleepy Hollow

4. What was the last book that you read? Did you enjoy it?

I'm currently reading "The Children of Húrin" by J.R.R. Tolkien and I really, really like it! :D I had already heard about Húrin's story and family in "The Silmarillion", and it's nice to get a more detailed account of it in this book. :3 

5. Do you think that you spend too much time on the Forum?

Of course not! o_O *cough* :D

~

So, that's it for the me-myself-and-I! ;) Thanks so much to Yayo again for choosing me. :3 There's many people I'd like to name as the next NotW, it's too bad there can be only one! :( hihi

'Itan Atxur

Congrats!

For true and false I'm gonna go with

1) False
2) True
3) True

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

xelloss

Kaltxì ma Ftxavanga Txe'lan
Ngengati kamuye !!  :D

Seykxel sì nitram nang !

nang !
Karma le fpi 'eylan le  :D ;)

.... hmmmm...
Tsleng
Ngay
Ngay

Eywa ngengahu  :D
Le premier homme qui est mort à du être drôlement surpris.
Partir c'est mourir un peu, et mourir c'est partir beaucoup.
La Terre est basse.
Les lénitions, en rouge

Le Na'vi fpi Ayskxawng 2022

Swoka Ikran

Congraulations ma Ftxavanga Txe′lan!

My guesses: Tsleng, Tsleng, Ngay
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Alyara Arati

Seykxel sì nitram my oeyä 'eylan!  Niceness wins again!

Guessing:  false, true, true.
Learn how to see.  Realize that everything connects to everything else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Thanks a lot to everyone! :D I see you've practically all guessed the same for the questions, that's interesting. ;)

I guess I should post some pics. :3 Of my cat maybe? hrh :'D

Kamean

Seykxel sì nìtram ma Ftxavanga Txe'lan! :)
Tì'efumi oeyä: Tsleng, Tsleng, Ngay.
Quote from: Ftxavanga Txe′lan on May 09, 2011, 12:27:51 PM
Thanks a lot to everyone! :D I see you've practically all guessed the same for the questions, that's interesting. ;)

I guess I should post some pics. :3 Of my cat maybe? hrh :'D
Ngeyä palulukantsyìpa ayrel livu eltur tìtxen si. ;)
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Ekirä

Seykxel sì nitram ma Ftxavanga! :D I'd love to see pictures of your cat, please do post some. ;D

'Itan Atxur

Indeed. Palulukan pictures are a must!

Tsäroltxe te Eyrutì Tantse'itan

Very nice NotW ma Ftxavanga Txe'lan!! :D :D

Tsleng, Ngay, Ngay. :)

akiwiguy

Conga-rats ma Ftxavanga Txe'lan!

Tsleng, Ngay, Ngay.
I really don't doubt the last one :D

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

So much kindness! :3 Irayo nìmun, ma eylan. :D

Below the magnificent palulukan! ˆ_______ˆ (sorry about the first image, dunno what to do to fix the problem hrh :'D)
Mia (: & Mia again! <3

Also, here is a pic of my school. (random) :D

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on May 09, 2011, 05:29:36 PM
Indeed. Palulukan pictures are a must!
Exactly! That's why I proposed showing some - I knew there must be some other cat fans out there. ;)

Quote from: Eltu lefngap 'eveng on May 09, 2011, 07:51:21 PMI really don't doubt the last one :D
Oh, I receive that as a compliment! :D hrh

akiwiguy

Quote from: Ftxavanga Txe′lan on May 09, 2011, 08:09:33 PM
Below the magnificent palulukan! ˆ_______ˆ (sorry about the first image, dunno what to do to fix the problem hrh :'D)
Mia (: & Mia again! <3

Aww, cute! :D

'Itan Atxur

Awewsome pics ;D! Love your school building too.

Dreamlight

Conga-rats.

Any friend of cats is a friend of mine.  >^..^<  Cats are the highest form of life on earth.

False, True, True.
http://www.reverbnation.com/inkubussukkubus
"Peace on Earth" was all it said.

'Oma Tirea

Seykxel sì nitram :D

'Eren si: Tsleng/Tsleng/Ngay

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

bommel

congrats!

Quote from: Dreamlight on May 09, 2011, 10:49:46 PM
Any friend of cats is a friend of mine.  >^..^<  Cats are the highest form of life on earth.
Cats are awesome. My parents have three of them :)
Sometimes I just want to be a cat and sleep the whole day ^^

Kamean

Cute Mia. :)
And school also is superb.
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

:D :D

Quote from: bommel on May 10, 2011, 12:02:18 AM
congrats!

Quote from: Dreamlight on May 09, 2011, 10:49:46 PM
Cats are awesome. My parents have three of them :)
Sometimes I just want to be a cat and sleep the whole day ^^

I really agree with you, Dreamlight! :D I've read something once, saying that the company of cats elevates men, but the company of men diminishes the cat.. or something like that. ;P Pretty awesome. I also think a cat life must be epic! :) hrh Goodbye productivity. :3

Edit: I found some other pictures. :'D

Dreamlight

Oo, that's a beautiful cat.  *pets the kitty*
http://www.reverbnation.com/inkubussukkubus
"Peace on Earth" was all it said.