NotW #58 Maweyatan

Started by Maweyatan, May 29, 2011, 11:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maweyatan

Quote from: Question #1Who are you?

My name is Jacob Bonham, and I am also known as Maweyatan or Tswusayona Nantang...or *that* guy. My nickname at school, though, is Bonzo, because I share the same last name as the drummer from Led Zeppelin. :DDD

I am a 17 year old vegetarian in his Junior year, living in Virginia. Although I'm a Junior,  I will *officially* be a Senior in about a week and a half. I plan on taking Latin III next year, to deepen my interest in foreign (dead) languages.  

Hmm...Languages...lessee...I can speak some German (don't test me...I haven't studied in a LONG time), Latin (of course), Na'vi (I also teach this one. ;D), and my least favorite language: English.

For fun, I play guitar, piano, bass, harmonica, and ukulele, because I love music and how it can transport you to a new place (mentally), much like Avatar has done for us all (I hope?). I record, but I am a terrible singer, and a somewhat bad musician. xD I really only play for fun, and to entertain myself.  

I have no LN people that live near me, so I am forced to go online to associate with the community.
My family doesn't really approve or dissapprove of my learning of Na'vi or being in this community; as long as it keeps me off the streets, my mom doesn't mind it. xD

During most Project NgayNume lessons, I will go Kool-Aid man and shout, "OH YEAH!"...You have to be there. xD

Quote from: Question #2Why are you here?

I first watched Avatar in theatres on December 20th, and it wasn't until January 26th (or somewhere near there) that I was REALLY interested in the language. I had seen the adverts months ahead of the release date, and I immediately fell in love with the movie, without even seeing it. I kept telling my friends to see it, and they kept saying that it would suck (boy, how they were wrong. ;) ).

I stayed here because of the language and the overall magnificence of it, but I'm not a normal user. I'm much more of a lurker (muahahahaha). If you've seen my posts, congrats. ;D They're somewhat rare. I do, however, enjoy reading the 'Eoio font page and contributing to that.

Normally, I get on the forums for maybe 15 minutes each day, but if there is a new post that interests me, I will stay maybe for 3 hours.

Quote from: Question #3Where do your alias and profile pic come from?

The name that I have now, I've had since February of 2010. I had been known as A'teyo, but I figured I should have a true Na'vi name, constructed from the actual language.

Maweyatan means "CalmLight", and I chose that because I'm normally a fairly calm, pacifist person with a bright, open mind for anything.

The picture that I have set for my profile pic is from someone requesting (unbeknownst to me) a picture for a flying nantang (viperwolf)  that of which I have created. I "created" the Tswusayona Nantang while talking to Tirea Aean. We had been talking about how violent the viperwolves were, and how they'd be if they flew. This is where my catch-phrase "oeyä tswusayona nantangìl ngeyä keyti/kelkuti yayom/'ayeko". I usually say this about 10000 times when in the company of other LN people.

Pretty much, I am known as the trouble making/joking teacher on Project NgayNume, and I would like to think that I am truly funny, and the people are not laughing out of embarrassment/pity. xD

Quote from: Question #4Srak nga tsun nìna'vi pivlltxe?

Srane, oe tsun pivlltxe nìNa'vi ulte sìlpey oe tsnì oe tsivun pivlltxe nìNa'vi nìltsan.

oel lì'fyat leNa'vi namumeie nìwin ulte slamu Karyu Srungsiyu pxevospxìmaw ulte oer sunu fì'u a oe poltxe pxiset.

oeyä soaial fpamìl futa oe slamu lekye'ung nìtxan, slä nì'aw lu lekye'ung nì'it. Tireal Aean namume lì'fyat oeru, ulte tsari oe irayo seiyi poru.

kawtu new nivume lì'fyat leNa'vi fìtsenge mungwrr oe.

Quote from: Question #5What's you favorite Na'vi word? Did you incorporate it (or others) into your everyday vocab?

My favorite Na'vi word/phrase is tsuwsayona nantang because I love viperwolves, and I especially like them when they fly.

Like I said, I normally say "oeyä tswusayona nantangìl ngeyä keyti yayom" often, so I pretty much use it EVERYDAY.

Quote from: Question #6In your opinion, what are the top three user-created content on the LN website?

1) Project NgayNume, of course! :D

2) Prrtonä font, 'Eoio (I have a tattoo of the word Na'vi in this font on my arm.)

3) The Learning Sections, because they are the basis of this site, and I love seeing others learning the language.

Quote from: Question #7Have you made any contributions to the LN community that you're particularly proud of?

Hmmmmm...I don't have much money to really buy/produce something amazing, but I have created a Skype channel especially for learning/speaking the language.

I made this chat channel, because the other skype chats were too offtopic and weren't related to Na'vi at all when I had left. To find this, it's stickied in the Project thread. :3

I also help set up the East Coast meetup (Tirea Aean & Txonä Rolyu), but I was unable to attend for monetary reasons.

I REALLY hope I can contribute again, but I'm not exactly sure how. When it is time, it will prevent itself. ;D

Quote from: Question #8What is it that you liked/hated the most about Avatar ?

What I liked: Everything Pandora, Na'vi, etc

What I didn't like: Quaritch and Selfridge, because they made me want to strangle them both.

I saw Avatar in Theatres, and only in 3D, 3 times, and I now own the original DVD release and the Blu-ray Special Edition release. :P

I am an average Avatard; I own 3 posters (one being blacklight-activated), couple of books, the soundtrack, and of course the dvd/bluray sets that I mentioned beforehand.

Yep...I'm a normal lover of Avatar...well...If you don't count the learning of their language.

People always give me funny looks for that last one...Then they ask me how to say, "I want chicken." or something of the sort.
ACTUALLY...I do have a pretty cool Avatar-related thing that's amazing. I have Kevin Dorman as a friend on Facebook (he's the one that's running the dozer that destroys the tree of voices & the person who played Devin Korman within the Special Features). Yep...he's pretty cool, I guess. I added him, and he accepted, but he doesn't talk to me often. ;3

Quote from: Question #9Has Avatar  changed your life in any way?

It really has only changed my life by making me become more interested in learning new languages. :P

Quote from: Question #10If you could ask Frommer or Cameron three movie or language related questions what would they be?

1) Frommer: When will we receive the word for "paradise"?

2) Frommer: When will we be able to fully translate Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up"? (We need an equivalent to the post-positional participle "up")

3) Cameron: Will we be able to see more of the floating mountain region of Pandora?

Quote from: Question #11What else do you do in you free time?
Like I said before, I play music, speak languages, teach Na'vi, and talk to my girlfriend (whom I met while teaching Na'vi. ;D). Not much, because I'm boring. xD

Here's my SoundCloud with my recorded covers. :3

Quote from: Question #12Name your top three favorite Earth animals from most favorite to least. Why those? What's the animal you're most terrified of?
1) Cat

2) Dog

3) Booby

I don't really have favorite animals...I just randomly chose 3 animals. :3
As for the most feared creature...I'd say either spiders or bees. Spiders, because I hate the way their legs move. xD Bees, because I was stung by 28 yellow jackets at one time as a child...Scary moment. xD

Quote from: Question #13Pirate, ninja, zombie, or robot?

Nantang Ninja. Just what you need: Razor sharp teeth and claws that you can't see. ;D

But, really, I'd love to have the ability to change into anything/anyone at anytime for unlimited amounts of time and however many times I want to.

Quote from: Question #14What three items would you take to a desert island and why?

1) Carving knife

2) Girlfriend

3) MacGyver (You know why...)

Quote from: Question #15If you could travel to anywhere in space and time (including fictional universes), where would you go and why?

Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace...So much space, gotta see it all.

(Hopefully some of you will understand this.) ;D

Quote from: Question #16If you were granted one single wish what would it be?

The ability to not be stranded on desert islands, or be stranded at all. ;D

Quote from: Question #17What is a question you'd ask yourself? How would you answer it?

-How are you, Jacob?

-Am I really Jacob, Jacob, or is this the real life?

But, really...I'd ask myself the same question I always ask: "What are we going to do tonight, eh, Brain?" My answer would be: "The same thing we do every night, Pinky..."

Quote from: Question #18True or false?

1) I am interested in learning how to ride a unicycle.

2) I headdesk frequently during my Latin class from the ignorance that eminates from the other students.

3) I have travelled to Germany and England.

Quote from: Question #19: My Life is AVTRWhat is the funniest, weirdest, or most embarrassing Na'vi or Avatar  related thing that has happened to you?

I was going to lie on this one, but none of them were interesting at all.

Hmm...the most odd thing to happen to me that's Na'vi/Avatar related. I'd have to say the weird stares/glares that people give me when I say that I teach Na'vi...and I then have to explain what Na'vi is.

Another one would be random telemarketer calls. I usually go off on them in Na'vi. Then they proceed to get a Russian translator on the line. Fail.

Quote from: Question #20: Bonus QuestionActually, it's more of a bonus "scenario". Imagine this. James Cameron comes to YOU and says "Hey, I've got no more talent left, so I need YOU to write Avatar 2."

What's YOUR idea for the sequel?

Also...extra credit if you can incorporate Foghorn Leghorn into our answer.

My idea for the sequel...hmmm...I would say that I would develop a more well-rounded view of the Na'vi language and customs. I think that I would tell the story of Jake & Neytiri, about 10 years after the events of Avatar 1, and maybe involve their children in some way.

For the Foghorn Leghorn thing:

Jake and Neytiri are sitting in hometree, talking leadership business, when F.L. walks through and says, "Brrr! Someb... I say, somebody close the door. I feel a draft."

Not much, but I figured I should use a memorable quote from a film with him. ;3

But the odds of James Cameron running out of talent? Slim to None.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overall, I'm a very boring person, but I am VERY honored to have become NotW. I want to thank Kayrìlien for nominating me for this position. I have been waiting for this moment since NotW #9. I wanted to share my personality/biography...but I never thought that I'd be this boring. xD

Come on the LN Team Speak:9987 sometime. I'm normally on there, but no one comes on anymore. D;
Really...Show up. You can "meet" me. :P
Hokay, so...I'm going to press the button now...

In 3...2...1...Ahahaha. I'm just kidding with you. I wouldn't click "Post". That's outrageous. xD

Okay, for real this time...
3...2...1...--OH YEAH! ~clicks~

UPDATE: If you see any grammatical/spelling errors, please let me know. :3

Swoka Ikran

Congratulations! :)

I'll guess Ts/N/N.
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Maweyatan

Quote from: Swoka Ikran on May 29, 2011, 11:23:09 PM
Congratulations! :)

I'll guess Ts/N/N.

Irayo seiyi ma Swoka Ikran!

I am happy that I am finally NotW; it's such a pleasure. :3

Swoka Ikran

2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Toruk Makto

Congrats, or something!  I guess Ts/N/N.
Cheers...

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Puvomun

Congratulations, ma Jacob!
Enjoy your moment of spotlight :)

I would guess your ambitions in the tsleng/ngay area are:
Ts / Ng / Ng.
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

bommel

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Somehow I knew it'd be you :) PNgN teachers are dominating! Lawlz. Ehh your post ain't THAT boring :)

Quote from: Maweyatan
oeyä soaial fpamoìl futa oe slamu lekye'ung nìtxan, slä nì'aw lu lekye'ung nì'it. Tireal Aean namume lì'fyat oeru, ulte tsari oe irayo seiyi poru.

kawtu new nivume lì'fyat leNa'vi fìtsenge mungwrr oe.

Oeri längu 'u ateng. Uniltìrantokxìri sì lì'fyari leNa'vi oeyä soaial oeti ke tslam. Ulte kawtu oeyä 'eylanä a mì oeyä tseng new nivume. Slä furia lu oeru nga sì fìtsenge 'efu oe nitram nìtxan :)

Quote from: Maweyatan1) I am interested in learning how to ride a unicycle.

2) I headdesk frequently during my Latin class from the ignorance that eminates from the other students.

3) I have travelled to Germany and England.

Hmm.....I don't remember you ever talking about travels overseas and I don't doubt 1 and 2 so i'm going Ng/Ng/Ts.

Quote from: MaweyatanAnother one would be random telemarketer calls. I usually go off on them in Na'vi. Then they proceed to get a Russian translator on the line. Fail.

YEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M NOT THE ONLY PERSON THAT DOES THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS AN EPIC WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!
And the Russian translator part just makes it even funnieR! Oh I LOL'd so hard at this! Amazing how Na'vi works to ward off people you don't want to talk to...like that lady that was hitting on me on my bus that one night lol.

Overall nice post ma tsmukan. Sìlpey os tsnì ngeyä kintrr ngaru sayunu :)

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Seykxel sì nitram, ma Maweyatan. Oe silpey tsnì trr akive a sunu ngaru

Very interesting. You like your flying aynantang. I will have to train my falulukan to fly. That should be quite an interesting 'meeting'.

I really like your idea about going off in Na`vi on annoying phone salespeople (who haven't figured out that being on the 'do not call' list means being on the 'do not call' list!). (I already have some Na`vi on my answering machine message, both at home and at work.)

Even though you don't seen that interested in animals, at least you made a good first choice!

As for your N/T questions. my guess is T/N/N. I Wish I could 'headdesk' when I encounter idiot drivers, tape operators who try to clean the heads on a running tape machine, or new help at the zoo who can't figure out which end of a rake you hold in your hands...

Enjoy your week!

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

'Itan Atxur

Congrats!

F/T/T

Like I said before, I play music, speak languages, teach Na'vi, and talk to my girlfriend (whom I met while teaching Na'vi. Grin). Not much, because I'm boring. xD

I used to think I was boring too... but then I realized I wasn't. Proof that your not boring:

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Eyawng te Klltepayu

Seykxel sì nitram!

ìììììì...

Ngay, ngay, tsleng.
Please tell me if you see mistakes in a Na'vi post of mine. It's the only way I'll learn. :P

Kan oe trro fnivan lì'fyat leNa'vi frapoto a foru ke sunängu rel arusikx alu Uniltìrantokx.

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Congratulations and have a super nice NotW-week, ma Maweyatan! :D

Cool post, by the way. ;) This made me laugh, and a couple of other things as well:

Quote from: Maweyatan on May 29, 2011, 11:06:47 PM

Nantang Ninja.

For the guesses, I'm gonna go with Ngay, Ngay, Tsleng. ;D

Eywa'eveng-tìranyu

Seykxel si nitram!

Do you like aynantang when they fly by themselves or when they 'get flown' (as by Neytiri) ?

My Guess: Ŋ/Ŋ/Ŋ

Have a nice week

Ekirä

HRH congrats. ;D Love the Russian translator thing...I wasn't aware that Na'vi sounded like Russian. ::) Ngay, Ngay, Tsleng.

Maweyatan

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on May 30, 2011, 04:06:10 AM
Somehow I knew it'd be you :) PNgN teachers are dominating! Lawlz. Ehh your post ain't THAT boring :)

Yes, it seems that the close-knit PNgN teaching group is dominating! MUAHAHAHAHA. :P

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on May 30, 2011, 04:06:10 AM
Quote from: MaweyatanAnother one would be random telemarketer calls. I usually go off on them in Na'vi. Then they proceed to get a Russian translator on the line. Fail.

YEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M NOT THE ONLY PERSON THAT DOES THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS AN EPIC WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!
And the Russian translator part just makes it even funnieR! Oh I LOL'd so hard at this! Amazing how Na'vi works to ward off people you don't want to talk to...like that lady that was hitting on me on my bus that one night lol.

Oh you have no idea how many times I was unable to speak from laughing so hard.

Maweyatan

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on May 30, 2011, 04:07:04 AM
Even though you don't seen that interested in animals, at least you made a good first choice!

Well, I love animals; I just don't have a top 3. xD

Maweyatan

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on May 30, 2011, 04:45:55 AM
Congrats!

F/T/T

Like I said before, I play music, speak languages, teach Na'vi, and talk to my girlfriend (whom I met while teaching Na'vi. Grin). Not much, because I'm boring. xD

I used to think I was boring too... but then I realized I wasn't. Proof that your not boring:

xDDDDD Yeah, spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace is pretty amazing, I think. I guess some of those amazing qualities have rubbed off on me.

Maweyatan

Quote from: Ftxavanga Txe′lan on May 30, 2011, 08:09:53 AM
Congratulations and have a super nice NotW-week, ma Maweyatan! :D

Cool post, by the way. ;) This made me laugh, and a couple of other things as well:

Quote from: Maweyatan on May 29, 2011, 11:06:47 PM

Nantang Ninja.

Oh, don't you know it! xD I swear, they're lurking everywhere in the film...you just can't see them. :p

Maweyatan

Quote from: Eywa'eveng-tìranyu on May 30, 2011, 08:22:12 AM
Seykxel si nitram!

Do you like aynantang when they fly by themselves or when they 'get flown' (as by Neytiri) ?

Fly by themselves. I've built a specific type of jetpack that allows them to hover and fly. :3

Maweyatan

Quote from: Ekirä on May 30, 2011, 08:55:33 AM
HRH congrats. ;D Love the Russian translator thing...I wasn't aware that Na'vi sounded like Russian. ::)

Yeah, me either! xD