NOTW #63: ExLibrisMortis

Started by ExLibrisMortis, July 05, 2011, 09:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExLibrisMortis

Oh snap... look at this. I actually got chosen to be a NOTW. Lurking around here for the better part of a year I figured it would never come my way. Well, here it is, understand the man behind the mask, and have a good chuckle at my expense, free of charge. (No seriously, enjoy, it'll be fun! :D)

Quote from: Question #1Who are you?

Hey Everyone, I'm Ex Libris Mortis, or some of you may know me as James. I'm 21, I live in AZ, and I've been apart of the community for over a year now. I am sadly, currently unemployed (looking hard for a job, haha), and I spend all my free time doing a vast variety of projects such as Avatar Nation Podcast, schooling, and other audio endeavors. I am a master of the English language (at least I like to think so ;D) and have studied German, Spanish, and Hawaiian.

Quote from: Question #2Why are you here?

Well, let's see.... trying to remember exactly what brought me here... Hm.... Oh, I got it! There was this movie that came out at one time, it was a really good movie, stunning graphics, and these weird blue aliens speaking some strange language. Yup, it was Avatar. I had watched the movie when I got back home after being in Georgia for a year. Me and my sister were just stunned at the sheer awesomeness of the movie. I went back the next day to understand the plot better, rather than just be in awe over all the visuals.

After watching the movie I went online to just absorb everything I could about the movie. Searched sites, forums, and everything I could my hand on to continue the experience. Then I found Learn navi, and well anyone can follow my activity from here.

Quote from: Question #3Where do your alias and profile pic come from?

My Alias is actually an old one that has been in use by me for a very long time, the better part of 6 years now actually. It's literal Translation is "..From the Library of Death", and it's really in reference to the Black Library from the Warhammer 40k universe, that Library that the Eldar watch over.

My Avatar pic, which is recently changed to this one, is actually the picture that I have for an RP character withing the Ikran Tribe of the Eastern Sea RP. It a portrait of Phantoms leader, Major James Ikaika.

Quote from: Question #4Srak nga tsun nìna'vi pivlltxe?

The definite of being able to speak a language is quite relative. Personally, I know bits and pieces, but not much. I can usually take sentences, and with the assistance of a dictionary, be able to pick apart it's meaning over the course of an hour or so. I used to study the language rather heavily and helped in the development of a language learning software, very similar to rosetta stone, call the Tree of Voices. It used to be extremely popular here on this website before me and the Creator kinda let it go to the wayside.

Quote from: Question #5What's you favorite Na'vi word? Did you incorporate it (or others) into your everyday vocab?

Hmm, honestly my most favorite Na'vi word that I love alot, which is not even a "official" word at all is Txepay which stand for "Fire Water". Me and a good friend of mine that met on the website constructed that word one day out of sheer boredom, and to kinda explain the parallels between American Indian culture and the Na'vi experience.

Quote from: Question #6In your opinion, what are the top three user-created content on the LN website?

My top three, starting with the top, would have to be Kaltxi Palulukan's original workbook, the Tree of Voices software, and then the Avatar Nation podcast.

Quote from: Question #7Have you made any contributions to the LN community that you're particularly proud of?

There are so many things that I've had my hand in from the begining, its really astounding now that I look back. My first delve into giving back to the community was the Tree of Voices software mentioned above. Then I lead the making of a Panel and a Booth at the Phoenix Comic-Con in 2010, which was -the- most successful panel at that convention, in terms of attendance. Then I took part of the All Things Avatar podcast. I am currently working on re-vitalizing an Audio drama that is Avatar themed, and also currently work on Avatar Nation podcast. I have personally met with Paul Frommer, Ty Ruben, and other members from FOX, all in the intent to promote LN and all of the Avatar Community.

Quote from: Question #8What is it that you liked/hated the most about Avatar ?

The thing I like the most about avatar was the stunning display of Humanity ability to adapt, overcome, and achieve. Just the sheer fact of them being on Pandora in the first place was pure bliss, then followed by all the technology and ingenuity that was displayed purely by the RDA forces.

The thing that I hate the most was that the re-release of the movie, with the extra 8 minutes, should most definitely been the original release. Reason being is that it totally cast an entirely different light on both the RDA and the Na'vi in their perceived intentions and motives behind what they did. It would definitely have helped dissuade the ideal of the "Noble Savage" and shown that the Na'vi are just beings that do what they need, when they need it.

Quote from: Question #9Has Avatar  changed your life in any way?

Avatar has actually changed my life in a very interesting manner. No I am not living in a tree or getting cosmetic surgery, but I have definitely taken on a new skill set because of the movie. Namely in the realm of Podcasting, I have learned quite and extensive amount of skills in the fields of video editting and audio engineering that are truly valuable to me.

Quote from: Question #10If you could ask Frommer or Cameron three movie or language related questions what would they be?

Cameron: What exactly is the plot of Avatar 2/3? hehe

Cameron: What is the exact way that the ISV travels through space.

Cameron: Can I have an exclusive interview for Avatar nation? =3

Quote from: Question #11What else do you do in you free time?

Starcraft 2, Warhammer 40k, Mass Effect 1 & 2, script writing, and job hunting.

Quote from: Question #12Name your top three favorite Earth animals from most favorite to least. Why those? What's the animal you're most terrified of?

1: Dogs, I love my dog, its the most loyal thing to me and my best friend.
2: Turkey, original what was to be the bird of the nation, or at least suggested by Ben Franklin. Attacks only when threatened, allows its young to do as they please, and also taste very good ;D
3: Lions, who wouldn't want to be the king of the jungle?

Terrifying: Well nothing is "terrifying" to me. As long as I got my gun, i'm good. But for the sake of the question I fricken hate scorpions.

Quote from: Question #13Pirate, ninja, zombie, or robot?

Robots, because the pirate, ninja, and zombie will all eventually die out, but robots will live on FOREVER!!!

Quote from: Question #14What three items would you take to a desert island and why?

Hmm.... a pallet of Mountain Dew, a single pistol, and long hair (Sea turtles mate)

Quote from: Question #15If you could travel to anywhere in space and time (including fictional universes), where would you go and why?

It would either have to be the EVE universe, or the Avatar Universe, yet be a human.

Quote from: Question #16If you were granted one single wish what would it be?

The Capability to meld reality as I see fit.

Quote from: Question #17What is a question you'd ask yourself? How would you answer it?

To me: Who are you?

Back to me: Why do you have my face?

Quote from: Question #18True or false?

I am Hawaiian

I am an Eagle Scout

My Major is Aeronautical Engineering

Quote from: Question #19: My Life is AVTRWhat is the funniest, weirdest, or most embarrassing Na'vi or Avatar  related thing that has happened to you?

When I told everyone I know that I am learning the Na'vi language... boy did I open the door on that one.

Quote from: Question #20: Bonus Question"Would you rather be attacked by one Palulukan sized atokirina or a dozen atokirina sized Palulukan?"

I would have to say one Palulukan sized Atokirina... DEATH BY FLUFFINESS!!!

Amaya

8) Got you first~!

Okay, my guesses are t/t/f but I could very well be wrong :P :P :P

Dreamlight

This one is a tough call but I'm going to say True, False, True.
http://www.reverbnation.com/inkubussukkubus
"Peace on Earth" was all it said.

DJ Makto

Congratulations good sir.  :)

T/T/T

'Oma Tirea

Seykxel nitramsì :D

Oeyä pxen: Ts/Ng/Ng

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Maria TunVrrtep

Congratulations, ExLibrisMortis! 

I'm going to guess
True (partly because you say you speak Hawaiian)
True (because you said that correctly)
False (because one answer has to be false HRH)

Have a great week!
"Ke'u ke lu law a krr frakem tsunslu." -
    Margaret Drabble
("When nothing is sure, everything is possible.")

'Itan Atxur

Congrats!! You undeniably deserve it :) It's way too late to read your entire post so I skipped to the T/F

1) F (Just because one of them had to be false)
2) T (If you're not an Eagle, nobody is :))
3) T (I could totally see this)

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

ExLibrisMortis

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on July 07, 2011, 01:38:33 AM
You were actually on my list of potential nominees :)

I appreciate that.  ;)

archaic

Congrats on NoTW!

I'm going to agree with Amaya and Mrrìa TunVrrtep on my guesses .....

Ngay (some one has to be, and I don't see why not)
Ngay (seems plausable)
Tsleng (I know how easy it is to find info on aeronautical engineering and aerospace maintenance on the net)

Enjoy you week of fame!
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Swoka Ikran

Congrats ma ExLibrisMortis.

I'll guess Tsleng/Tsleng/Ngay
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

akiwiguy

Seykxel sì nitram ma oeyä 'eylan :D

Ngay/Ngay/Tsleng.

'Oma Tirea

Ma ExLibrisMortis, you never revealed your true/false answers.  Ayoe newomum!...

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Maria TunVrrtep

And we haven't heard who the new NOTW is yet also.
"Ke'u ke lu law a krr frakem tsunslu." -
    Margaret Drabble
("When nothing is sure, everything is possible.")

ExLibrisMortis

Yeah My apologies, Ever since I got back from the Seattle trip my life's been shut down with school.

Answers are T/T/F

I am hawaiian and an Eagle Scout, also my major is aerospace engineering, not aeronatuical ;)

The next person has been notified on whom they are and should post soon