NotW #67 Blue Elf

Started by Blue Elf, August 15, 2011, 01:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Elf

Ma eylan, perlltxe ayngaru oe san Kaltxì sìk ta Tsel am Se-e, tsray a tok tsengit *Austriat äo ayram alu Alpen.
Friends, I'm sending you 'Hello' from Zell am See in Austria under Alpen mountains. I'm on holiday here this week and I must fulfill very pleasant task regarding of being Notw. First I wanted to write nìNa'vi, but I hadn't enough time, so I stick of our old good English  (honestly, I'm don't think I'm so good to be able to write everything I want nìNa'vi nì'aw, so ....)
Here's my answers:

Quote from: Question #1Who are you?
My real name is Radovan (in Na'vi something like tutan a lu poru tìprrte') and I live in Zlín, one of regional capitals in Czech Republic, Central Europe. I'm one of elders here as I'm over forty. I'm married (my wife says even happily married :)) and we have two daugters (4 and 6 years old). My job is software developing in a small company of my schoolmate from basic school, but I have studied electric traction.
As for languages I've ever used: except of by native Czech I can speak Slovak (it is very similar to Czech), English (not so well), and I have shamefully forgot probably everything from Russian, although I've learnt it for 11 years in the school. But I didn't use it for 20 years. Maybe I can understand some simple texts and speeches, but I can't find words if I would to say something
In Na'vi maybe I can speak, but don't understand what others say  :D

Quote from: Question #2Why are you here?
Quite unnecessary question, I think - because of Avatar and lì'fya leNa'vi! Well, when I saw Avatar first time, I was out of breath and wanted to know more about it, so I googled everything I could and was surprised, that language from the movie is alive and this forum exists. I thought it would be great to attempt to learn it, so I was sniffing for a few weeks here and finaly I joined. I think most of us got here similar way.
I got idea to translate Na'vi dictionary into Czech, fortunately other people have already done it (thanks, guys). I was happy that Czech subforum exists, unfortunately it is dead now (we are only 3 active, I'm afraid)

Quote from: Question #3Where do your alias and profile pic come from?
My profile pic comes from Avatar scene where Norm with Grace are collecting some samples.  When I saw Norm's avatar with baseball(?) cap on the head, It made me to laugh. When I remember this, my mood always gets better, so I've selected his picture for me. I like it and using it elsewhere possible, so if you see that picture on Skype, Gmail or Blogspot, it's probably me.
As for name - when I saw Na'vi first time, I said myself - they look like elves! High, tall, nice, with sharp ears. So I have connected them with elves and that's why I'm using that name (I'm high and tall too, although not so nice, HRH) And there's no need to ask why blue, kefyak?

Quote from: Question #4Srak nga tsun nìna'vi pivlltxe?
Tse, tìpawm aftue, slä tì'eyng angäzìk. Oe plltxe nì'it, nì'aw mì sänumvi Ngaynumeyä, tafral ke tsun pivlltxe nìltsan. Oe lu sìltsan nì'ul mì tìpamrel-susi. Sunu oeru fwa tsun pamrel sivi pupa ayvur a yerem oel mì "Pamrel nìNa'vi nì'aw" hapxì weptsenga awngeyä.

Quote from: Question #5What's you favorite Na'vi word? Did you incorporate it (or others) into your everyday vocab?
I don't think I have any favorite word. When I started to learn, I liked word "fìtseng", but I don't know why. Sometimes I'm using Na'vi greetings, what usually makes my boss to laugh. My big success was to learn him these greetings, although he often uses "hayalovay" instead of "kaltxì" and vice versa.
More often I'm using English words from the movie - for example when someone makes me upset, I say something like "Don't try to make Eywa angry" or "Eywa see you". Once I named our company as RDA.

Quote from: Question #6In your opinion, what are the top three user-created content on the LN website?
If I would name those I'm using, they're:
- dictionary by Taronyu, Tirea Aean and Markì. Without it life is not possible. I'm using it every day together with Na'vi to Czech and English to Czech dictionaries :)
- Le'eylan's prezi lessons for Ngaynume. I'm sure when Comenius said "Learn by game", we has thinking about this. If this method would be used in standard schools, it will be easier to learn languages and maybe also other subjects
- Tirea Aean's vrrtepcli. Very useful tool for learning.
But it wouldn't be fair to not mention other resources like Horen leNa'vi, Na'vi in a nutshell, SoL and others. Also I think most valuable is forum itself, all those people who help you if got stuck on some difficult part of language. Thanks to all of them!

Quote from: Question #7Have you made any contributions to the LN community that you're particularly proud of?
Well, my contribution is mainly hidden, but I can say I did something. I was helping on final checking of new KP's Learn Na'vi easy way work book, converted most of SoL lessons from older version into new one and also translated some scenes from Lion King into Na'vi. I hope I'll continue in this works, I just need to find free time for this...

Quote from: Question #8What is it that you liked/hated the most about Avatar ?
One of harder questions... Well, I like whole movie, especially first half, because here everything goes well, no war... If you ask about my favorite scenes, they're:
- Jake's run after he entered his avatar for first time; I understood well his joy of running freely on his own legs, while sand and pebbles flew out from below his soles into space between spectators... Amazing scene in 3D
- when Jake becomes one of Na'vi and all people put their hands on arm of their neighbour
- of course scene under Utral Aymokriyä
- Jake's prayer to Eywa
- talk between Jake and Grace, where Grace explains what happened in the school
I've seen Avatar in 3D three times what isn't too much compared to others, despites this my wife thinks it is too much. Recently I was granted pardon because she discovered, that her boss seen it about 15 times. Seeing on video I didn't count.

What I don't like are critical voices, that movie is not original, that it is too ecologic, blablabla. Well, I think it has clear tidings about our behaviour to nature and also to other people. We can't just exploit nature resources or take anything we want without any respect. I'm afraid that our society is too materialistic. We should take more care about nature and people, original cultures, otherwise our world can become hadly inhabitable, full of people who follow only their benefits, and global uniformity.
Who don't want to see it, goes wrong way, IMHO

Quote from: Question #9Has Avatar  changed your life in any way?
I think I can say yes. I started to learn Na'vi. I stopped to see TV (although I didn't see it too much for a longer time already), instead of this I'm sniffing on the forum. Sometimes I'm thinking about Na'vi, their "normal" society without hurry and stress.

As for other things, I do not try to live on tree nor paint myself blue. But I would like to have queue. Unfortunately I have curly hair, so if I let them to grow, my head looks like big hairy ball, but it is hard to do anything with them. Well, I regret very much that I don't have straight hair....

Quote from: Question #10If you could ask Frommer or Cameron three movie or language related questions what would they be?
PF: In my beginings I thought that Na'vi was created this way: you took most difficult sounds and rules from different languages and put the together. Now I don't think so, but what were criteria for selecting parts from other languages to form Na'vi?
JC: can you speed up work on Avatart 2 and 3 to see it earlier?
PF: What is current ratio between words created by you and words you approved from LEP?
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Blue Elf

Quote from: Question #11What else do you do in you free time?
Free time, what is it? Can you give me a piece? HRH
Well, if you have job in IT and two children, there is not to much of free time. But if I get some, I like to read books (just started to read Hobbit again after many years) or listening music; usually I do these two things together, music plays on background while reading. If it sounds well, I break reading and listen.
And sometimes I'm creating various more or less useful things, like necklases or earrings for my womans; earlier I was gluing various paper models

Quote from: Question #12Name your top three favorite Earth animals from most favorite to least. Why those? What's the animal you're most terrified of?
- cat. Indepent creature, what does what she want, not what you want (BTW - did you notice how many people love cats?)
- dog. Friend of the people
- no idea, maybe fish? It makes no sound, similar to me. I don't speak too much and prefer "srake" questions only.
I can't remember any creature which I'm terrified of, but if you put any bigger hungry creature near to me, I probably wouldn't be quiet.

Quote from: Question #13Pirate, ninja, zombie, or robot?
Nothing from options available. Probably ability to stop time would be good selection. But to be more practical in our world, it would be sufficient to be strong enough to not get insane.

Quote from: Question #14What three items would you take to a desert island and why?
Well, it depends. If island is really desert without any "benefits" of our civilization, things for surviving are necesary:
- something to sleep, at least sleeping bag, better with tent
- some pot to keep water
- some basic tools to be able to create necesary things like bow and arrows. At least good knife

If it is not too deserted and electrical energy is available and some living place too, then:
- probably computer to be able to connect the forum :)
- some books to read
- radio to listen

Quote from: Question #15If you could travel to anywhere in space and time (including fictional universes), where would you go and why?
For fantastic worlds (without sequence of preference)
- Pandora (who don't want go there is not real LN member :))
- Mediterra (not sure if written correctly, but I mean world where Tolkien's Lord of rings take place. Because of elves)
- Alagaesia (I'd like to compare dragons and ayikran)

For our world:
- national parks in USA (because of beautiful nature)
- New Zealand (as above)
- Switzerland (because of mountains and trains)
- metro in Stockholm (I've seen some pictures and want to see it by my own eyes)

Quote from: Question #16If you were granted one single wish what would it be?
Another hard question. I have everything I need, so maybe one of things from question 9 or 13?
More probably I'd like to live somewhere in mountains and don't have to go to work, just walk  over mountain, see blue sky and be happy of this.
But most happy I would be, if people will use their brains more a behave better to each other.

Quote from: Question #17What is a question you'd ask yourself? How would you answer it?
Q: Wouldn't it be better to live in neolithic society? Without money, computers and other ugly things?
A: Sure!

Quote from: Question #18True or false?
1: I have seen Avatar first time on December 2010, a year after release.
2: When logging on to my company computer, my login name is "avatar" with "pandora" password
3: I was born in country which doesn't exist now. The same applies for city where I was born and university I've been studying. Also that university was in country which doesn't exist these days...

Quote from: Question #19: My Life is AVTRWhat is the funniest, weirdest, or most embarrassing Na'vi or Avatar  related thing that has happened to you?
- surprising: still there are people which haven't seen Avatar (my wife, my boss, some friends). Very special case - my coleague has Avatar DVD at home, which he never seen. This is what I call maddness.
- awful: when I went to see Avatar second time, I was thirsty, so I bought some water. In the half of movie I needed to go to toilet, but leave such good film? Never! I was brave enough to hold out to the end, but then I left really quickly
- unpleasant: most people who know I'm trying to learn Na'vi think I'm skxawng. I don't know why, it is just language as any other, only not so widely spread.

Quote from: Question #20: Bonus Questionwhat song or melody would you pick to describe your personality
Well, this is probably question for others people which know me, it is hard to evaluate myself... I'm afraid nobody except a few people won't know song I'd select as an answer. It is 'Jako za mlada' (something like Same as when I was young), Czech song by Olympic.
some (translated) lines from the song, which fits to me well:
-  I changed my way of thinking only a little
- What I appreciated before, I appreciate still
- If I don't like something, I say it directly by right words

Ok, that's all I wanted to say. If you want to know more, simply ask; I'll answer what I can.
Have a nice day, nice evening, nice night - simply every time you just have :)

Eywa ayngahu

Ekirä

Wou, seykxel sì nitram! :D

Quote- cat. Indepent creature, what does what she want, not what you want (BTW - did you notice how many people love cats?)
Fì'ut tsole'a oel nìteng. Kxawm...fìtìyawn plltxe teri ayfya'o Na'viyä a lam na ayfya'o palulukantsyìpä. ;)

'En si oe:

Tsleng, Ngay, Ngay

Sìlpey oe, ngar lu kintrr aprrte'!

Maria TunVrrtep

Congratulations, Blue Elf. 
What a great post.  (I'm glad it was in English, I feel really dumb when I have to click on the "niInglisi" button.)
My guesses -
1.  true (because I didn't see it in the theaters til the re-release)
2.  True (because it sounds like something I'd do)
3.  False (because one has to be false)
"Ke'u ke lu law a krr frakem tsunslu." -
    Margaret Drabble
("When nothing is sure, everything is possible.")

Dreamlight

Conga-rats.  :)

And yay for cats.  'Cos cats are just so cool n all that.

True, False, True.
http://www.reverbnation.com/inkubussukkubus
"Peace on Earth" was all it said.

Alyara Arati

Congratulations ma Blue Elf!  I had a feeling you might be NotW soon. :D

I'm going to guess, although I don't have much luck with guessing:
True, False, True

And no one should feel bad about posting or reading in English.
We all learn different things at different times. ;)
Learn how to see.  Realize that everything connects to everything else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

Syulang

congrats ma Blue Elf  :)

I am going to stay True, True, False.
Oel ayngati kameie ma oeyä aysmukan sì aysmuke ulte Eywa ayngahu livu

munea kifkey, 'awa soaia

akiwiguy

Conga-rats :D

I'm going to say Ngay/Tsleng/Ngay.

Frakrr Tswerayon

Congrats ma Blue Elf!

I will say Tsleng/Tsleng/Ngay.

'Oma Tirea

Another cat lover = :D :D :D

'En seri: Ng/Ts/Ts

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Sireayä mokri

Seykel sì nitram, ma Elf. Nìngay nìprrte' tolìng nari oe sì'eyngur ngeyä. Tse, pxen: ngay, tsleng, ngay.

Lefpoma kintrr ngar :)
When the mirror speaks, the reflection lies.

Tanri

Kaltxì ma Blue Elf,
oeru prrte' lu fwa tsun oe tsive'a fìkìngmì upxareti a ta nga. Muiä lu fwa nga slolu Na'vi kintrrä, nìpxi taluna nga tìkangkem seri nìtxan fte ftxey fnivan lì'fyati leNa'vi, ftxey srung sivi frapor alahe fte slivu sìltsan nì'ul 'uri ateng.
Seykxel sì nitram! :)

Fmìyi oe 'en sivi: ngay, tsleng, ngay.

nì'Ìnglìsì:
Hello Blue Elf,
glad to see your message in this thread. It is right that you became Na'vi of the week, especially because you work hard, whether to master Na'vi language, whether to help another people to be better as well.
Congratulations!

I will try to guess: yes, no, yes.
Tätxawyu akì'ong.

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: Alyara Arati on August 15, 2011, 09:40:42 PMI had a feeling you might be NotW soon. :D

Fì'u. :)

Congrats, ma Blue Elf! :D Have an awesome week. :)

My guesses are Ngay, Tsleng, Ngay.

Kamean

Seykxel sì nìtram ma Blue Elf! :)

Oeyä säfpìl: Tsleng, Ngay, Ngay.
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Blue Elf

Ma oeyä eylan nìwotx, oe 'efu nitram nìtxan. Ke fpolìl oel futa tsun slivu Na'vi kintrrä, slä Nawma sa'nok skxakep oeru lrrtok soli (aylì'u apawnlltxe sìltsan nì'ul: Nawma sa'nok oeru holangham ;D) Oel irayo seiyi ayngaru nìtxan. Oeru meuia.

All my friends, I feel very happy. I didn't think I can be Notw, but Great mother probably smiled at me (better said: she laughed at me ;D)
I'm sending my thanks to all of you. It's honour for me.

QuoteMuiä lu fwa nga slolu Na'vi kintrrä, nìpxi taluna nga tìkangkem seri nìtxan fte ftxey fnivan lì'fyati leNa'vi, ftxey srung sivi frapor alahe fte slivu sìltsan nì'ul 'uri ateng.
Ma Tanri, ke pxan oe. Ke lu tsulfätu ulte ke layu ye'rìn, oe fmeri nì'aw. Slä lì'fya leNa'vi sunu oeru nìtxan, oe vayar tì'i'avay krrä.

Swoka Ikran

Congratulations Blue Elf :)

I'll guess Ng/Ts/Ng.
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Puvomun

WOU! Congratulations, ma Blue Elf! Good to see you as the NotW :)

I agree with Swoka Ikran on the answers of your Ngay/Tsleng questions:

Ngay, Tsleng, Ngay.

Enjoy your week and your vacation!!
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Sireayä mokri

Quote from: Blue Elf on August 16, 2011, 02:13:46 PM
Ke lu tsulfätu ulte ke layu ye'rìn, oe fmeri nì'aw.

Fì'u tsranten frato ;)
When the mirror speaks, the reflection lies.

Blue Elf

Irayo ayngaru nìmun fpi aylì'u atstunwi.
Oel tìmìng nari upxareru sre 'a'awa vospxì. Tsakrr mesute alu Alyara Arati sì Ftxavanga Txe'lan poltxe oeru san Zola'u nìprrte' sìk. Set pxoel tok fìhapxìt pänkxotsengä awngeyä na Na'vi kintrrä. Eltur tìtxen si, kefyak? :)

Thank you again for kind words.
I just looked messages a few months old. That time two people - Alyara Arati and Ftxavanga Txe'lan - said me 'Welcome here'. Now we three are in this subforum as Notw. Interesting, isn't it? :)

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: Blue Elf on August 17, 2011, 02:27:29 PMI just looked messages a few months old. That time two people - Alyara Arati sì Ftxavanga Txe'lan - said me 'Welcome here'. Now we three are in this subforum as Notw. Interesting, isn't it? :)

hihi Indeed, very interesting! ;D

:)