NotW #75 Human No More

Started by Human No More, October 10, 2011, 07:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Human No More

Quote from: Question #1Who are you?
I'm HNM ;)
I'm one of the admins of Tree of Souls and a regular here, and a metalhead/Na'vi from England. I recently finished university and am busy looking for a job, which isn't all that fun :(
I love Avatar, computers, scifi in general, metal and transhumanism :)

Quote from: Question #2Why are you here?
I most definitely fell in love with Neytiri, and still am...  :'(
I managed to miss most of the hype around Avatar, but still heard of it and knew a little about it including that it was supposed to be good, so I saw it one evening in January 2010. I really didn't expect the effect it had on me - I suspect nobody really did, but it was still a surprise to me. It made me think about a lot, and made me really homesick for Pandora. After a day or two, when I was still feeling that Avatar depression that I know is familiar to many here, I found Avatar-Forums. I was a member on there for a while, before eventually both founding Tree of Souls and at the same time joining some of the other Avatar forums around, from recognising there is so much that the people across them all share. I feel a connection to the Na'vi, both from Pandora itself, which is easily the most beautiful place I have seen and somewhere I really wish to be, ad thanks to meeting people through Avatar who I can honestly call true friends for the first time in my life. I still feel lonely and homesick a lot, because I love Pandora and the Na'vi and find them both beautiful and so much better than anything on Earth, but it's thanks to the clans here and on the other forums that I have anything that really keeps me happy on Earth.

Quote from: Question #3Where do your alias and profile pic come from?
I thought of Human No More after quite a long time of thinking of some good names I could use, because it reflects who I am now - as I feel the Na'vi are so much better, and it also fits with one of my interests, in transhumanism - I intend to become physically Na'vi as I can through my life, even if it is just how I look, because it's my own idea of what I can considerer beautiful. When I chose it, it was about how I don't feel at home on Earth, and that is also still as strong as ever.
My avatar is a part of my tattoo (the part near my wrist, to be specific, which is also the first part of it that I got done), which I got from my love of Avatar and feelings of combining both humanity and the Na'vi in myself, to show who I really am inside.

Quote from: Question #4Srak nga tsun nìna'vi pivlltxe?
...I really don't speak that much :'( - I'm just generally bad at languages, and have often lacked the time. What I know is mainly words and phrases.
Most people I know AFK know I speak some though, I often use words in Na'vi when they fit, and have also become able to instinctually hiss at things that annoy me much like the Na'vi. Most of my friends AFK think I'm a bit obsessed, they don't know the real depths of my love of Avatar, while even my 6 year old sister knows a couple of words despite only seeing me every few months :P

Quote from: Question #5What's you favorite Na'vi word? Did you incorporate it (or others) into your everyday vocab?
That's a hard one... I often use Na'vi expressions when people are getting to me (ayskxawng, faysawtute...), and also when I'm talking to people I'll often replace single words with Na'vi ones that I know, but for a favourite word in general, I think it might be some of the ones t jhat have a unique sound, like uniltirantokx, or siltsan :)
I've also use a few Na'vi words in more obscure places, like how all the PCs on my network are named in Na'vi, and the wireless SSID is Utral Aymokriya :P

Quote from: Question #6In your opinion, what are the top three user-created content on the LN website?
I'm not sure if the entire site/forums count :P - so I'd say the dictionaries, the Na'vi in a Nutshell guide, and the Android app (although I do wish the updates on it worked :P).

Quote from: Question #7Have you made any contributions to the LN community that you're particularly proud of?
There's nothing particularly special I feel I've done :( - I guess that's a consequence of not learning the language as diligently as some, but I do feel happy that my contributions to discussion have been helpful at times.

Quote from: Question #8What is it that you liked/hated the most about Avatar ?
Liked: EVERYTHING :P ;D
Some of my favourite things are Neytiri <3, ikran flight, and the immersion from seeing such a beautiful and real world - if anything, I just wish there was more of that and less of boring humans :P
I was disappointed that we never got to see the dreamhunt, hunt festival and the avatars taking over the Hell's Gate control room finished, but I'm still please I managed to see even the unfinished state :) - that said, there is nothing I actually disliked, since even the really sad parts are necessary for the great story.

Quote from: Question #9Has Avatar  changed your life in any way?
I'm very blue, I even have blue skin! :P
Avatar has shown me a lot. It's what inspired me to think about a lifemate, a real life Neytiri, although I haven't had any luck there so far, I realised that a lifemate is what is important for me.
I already have very long hair, although unfortunately it isn't really suitable to wear in a queue due to just getting tangled if I do :( - but I still like to do a Na'vi costume when I can, although it's nothing good compared to some of the amazing ones people here do.
For trying to become a Na'vi, I definitely am - I'm already planing out my next tattoo for when I can, because I want to have the Na'vi skin all over :). I've also said before that if/when it becomes possible, I'll get a tail done, a Na'vi style one, even if I have to be the very first person to test the procedure :D. I love the idea of surpassing humanity and seeking an ideal form, which for me involves Na'vi elements :). I always had the interest, but Avatar finally gave me something I could really aspire to and wanted to do it with.
Avatar let me discover the various forums for it, where I know the people I can honestly count as my true friends, people who I feel closer to than anyone I've met, and I'm already making plans for the meetup in Seattle next year, where I'm excited to finally be meeting some of the people from the sites :)

Quote from: Question #10If you could ask Frommer or Cameron three movie or language related questions what would they be?
James Cameron: Can I (and my friends from the Avatar sites) be in Avatar 2 and 3 as Na'vi? :)
James Cameron: Will we ever see a further extended edition of Avatar with more scenes finished, and will the sequels have similar extra material?
Paul Frommer: Do you have any ideas on how to make Na'vi easier to learn for beginners like me?

Quote from: Question #11What else do you do in you free time?
I'm a metalhead. I go to gigs where I can, which is often, and metal is one of the only things which brings me anywhere close to that level of happiness I get from Avatar. Otherwise, I play a lot of games, I like to work with computers as well as go for walks in a forest when I can, and I also like to run barefoot ;D
I spend a lot of time on IRC for ToS and LN :)

Quote from: Question #12Name your top three favorite Earth animals from most favorite to least. Why those? What's the animal you're most terrified of?
For animals I like; Snakes, lizards, and wolves.
I honestly couldn't really describe myself as scared of any animal. Obviously, any one that is dangerous enough to potentially kill or injure me may be scary in the right context (i.e. if really annoyed or starving), but I'm not going to freak from seeing anything in general.

Quote from: Question #13Pirate, ninja, zombie, or robot?
Ninja pirate zombie robot? :P
I'd like to keep it simple, I think ninja would work well, as people wouldn't even know when I'd done something, while I get what I need done :)

Quote from: Question #14What three items would you take to a desert island and why?
Computer with good internet connection, a home of some kind to keep sun and bad weather off, unlimited supply of alcohol.

Quote from: Question #15If you could travel to anywhere in space and time (including fictional universes), where would you go and why?
Pandora. Quite simply, it's home.

Quote from: Question #16If you were granted one single wish what would it be?
To have the ability to instantly and repeatedly switch my body between fully Na'vi and human with Na'vi traits (parts of blue skin like my tattoos, and tanhi visible) :)

Quote from: Question #17What is a question you'd ask yourself? How would you answer it?
"Are you really me?" "No, you are" "really?"

Quote from: Question #18True or false?
1. One band have made a reference to me in a song and another have mentioned in a list of thanks in their first album's liner notes.
2. I've met Herman Li, Vadim Pruzhanov, Sam Totman, Pär Sundström, Agamoth and Landphil.
3. I've been on 3 continents.

Quote from: Question #19: My Life is AVTRWhat is the funniest, weirdest, or most embarrassing Na'vi or Avatar  related thing that has happened to you?
Maybe one of the times I've hissed as a reaction when non-Avatar friends were there, or when a human annoys me and I start muttering things in Na'vi then they overhear me and ask what I said :P

Quote from: Question #20: Bonus QuestionWhat's your most awesome memory?
Possibly when I first watched Avatar. It was a perfect viewing, and I felt like I was on Pandora. When it ended, I couldn't move.
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Seze Mune

"Everything is backwards now, like out there is the true world and in here is the dream."

Ekirä

Congrats, HNM, great post. :D

QuoteAvatar let me discover the various forums for it, where I know the people I can honestly count as my true friends, people who I feel closer to than anyone I've met, and I'm already making plans for the meetup in Seattle next year, where I'm excited to finally be meeting some of the people from the sites :)

I can identify with that, I count many people from both forums as true friends despite not having met a lot of them. And some of which I will next year, it'll be great to meet you. :)

I'll guess true, false, true.

Enjoy your week!

Yayo

Congratulations, Human HNM;D

I'll guess, Ng/Ng/Ts

Yayo on facebook
Skxaypxe: callofdoty95

'Oma Tirea

Seykxel nitramsì :D

Kxawm krro krro nayume ngal lì'fyati leNa'vi :)

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Yayo

Quote from: 'Oma Tirea on October 10, 2011, 09:17:51 PM

Kxawm krro krro nayume ngal lì'fyati leNa'vi :)

Given effort, anyone can.

Yayo on facebook

Human No More

I think so :) - I really should make an effort to start learning properly.
Thanks for the congratulations so far, everyone :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
dA

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Yayo

Yayo on facebook

Kamean

Seykxel nìtramsì ma HNM! :)

Säfpìl oeyä - Ng/Ng/Ts. ;)
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Swoka Ikran

Congrats HNM :)

I'll guess Ng/Ts/Ts.
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Syulang

Congrats, HNM!  :) I guess T/F/T
Oel ayngati kameie ma oeyä aysmukan sì aysmuke ulte Eywa ayngahu livu

munea kifkey, 'awa soaia

hemmond

Oh congrats, being NoTW. :) About TF question... I'll reply later. :)

EDIT: I won't be multiposting... T/T/F :)
old gallery link?id=1849[/img]
old gallery link?id=1890[/img]

http://twitter.com/hemmondssandbox

If it's change in you, then the world is changing too.
--22nd World Scout Jamboree anthem.

archaic

Congrats ma Hnm.    :D
Good luck with the Kxetse and Tanhi. I really do expect these will be possible one day, especially the tail, just not cheap.

Here are my T/F guesses .....
1. True, I hope this is true.
2. False, mostly because I think both the others are true.
3. True, you have good links to both the US and other destinations.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Blue Elf

Seykxel sì nitram, ma Human!
It is interesting to read about such big fan of Avatar :)
QuoteI already have very long hair
How I envy to you!

About questions:
1/ true - why not
2/ false - I don't know who are these (lazy to search by Google ;D)
3/ true - not impossible

Ngaru livu kintrr lefpom!
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

AketuanNavi

'Itan Atxur

Congrats :) It was only a matter of time.

I'm gonna go T/T/F

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Alyara Arati

Wiya!  Forgot to post in here all week, nearly.  But before time runs out:

Congrats! and I'm guessing T/F/T. :)
Learn how to see.  Realize that everything connects to everything else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Alyara Arati on October 15, 2011, 09:58:32 PM
Wiya!  Forgot to post in here all week, nearly.  But before time runs out:

Congrats! and I'm guessing T/F/T. :)

Don't feel bad. I've been forgetting a LOT lately. I missed Nyx :(

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Human No More

Quote from: archaic on October 14, 2011, 01:17:39 AM
Congrats ma Hnm.    :D
Good luck with the Kxetse and Tanhi. I really do expect these will be possible one day, especially the tail, just not cheap.
I hope so... It doesn't matter if I have to be the first person to, I will get them ;D

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
dA

- Richard P. Feynman

Human No More

OK, thank you, everyone :)

Answers were...
1. Ng. Battle Kite by Mutually Asssured Destruction and Choir For The Carrion by Crypsis if you're interested :P
2. Ng. ;D
3. Ts. It's still only two, will be three when I go to the metup :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
dA

- Richard P. Feynman