NotW #81: Atan'eko Txura Rolyu

Started by Txura Rolyu, November 21, 2011, 04:49:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txura Rolyu

Quote from: Question #1Who are you?

Kaltxì ma smuk!!! My name is Atan'eko Txura Rolyu and I come from Fullerton, California. My only language that I know enough to hold conversations is English, but I know a tiny bit of Na'vi and Spanish. I am currently a Sophomore at University of Reldands and I am 19. My direct family lives in SoCal and the rest of my family either lives on the East Coast of America or the Northwest.

Quote from: Question #2Why are you here?

I found my way to this site around Januray of 2010 after I saw Avatar in December. I didnt search for the language, rather a place that was welcoming and had a community of Avatar fans like myself. When I saw the movie I absolutely fell in love with the world of Pandora. My favorite character from the movie has to be Neytiri because of her awesome beauty and strength. I wish that I could find my own Neytiri here on 'Rrta.

When I found the site I first met Tirea Aean and was welcomed warmly to the site.  I decided to stay around because of all the threads that had discussions for the movie and the FanFiction portion. I dont spend too much time on this site daily, but when I make a post for the RP that I am writing here on LN (Aytautral) I can spend almost 2 hours making a proper post.

Quote from: Question #3Where do your alias and profile pic come from?

My profile picture came from the War scene in the movie just before Norm is shot and he is aggresively defending the retreating Na'vi. I like it because it shows strength and loyalty to the Na'vi even though he isnt one of them. I would do the same if I had the chance.

My Name is something I took a little time to choose. I am a singer (rolyu) and I have always been physically and emotionally strong (txur). My first name, Atan'eko, means Light Attack; Light as in sunlight. I came across this name from a name generator, but now I see that it kinda brings out my Spiritual side, which makes me really happy that I found the name.

Quote from: Question #4Srak nga tsun nìna'vi pivlltxe?

Srane, oe plltxe lì'fya leNa'vi. I do not know much of it, but I am very good at speaking it if I am given a sentence or passage to read.

I decided to start to learn it because a lot of others were doing it and I wanted to know what the heck people were saying to each other.  :P I also kinda wanted to be able to share in the closeness of such a small group that speaks the language. My family thinks it is goofy, as do most of my friends, but that doesnt stop me from using it here on the forums or in my head.  ;)

Sadly I have not been able to convert anyone. :( BUT I believe it is a choice that one must make to join our family as I see it.

Quote from: Question #5What's you favorite Na'vi word? Did you incorporate it (or others) into your everyday vocab?

I like "kiyevame" best for use in everyday, but I like "ikran" the most because I love the creature.

Quote from: Question #6In your opinion, what are the top three user-created content on the LN website?

I LOVE the fanfic and Roleplay section of this forum.
Also the Cosplay section has been of great help and inspiration.
Finally, I would say the dictionary app for the iPod touch is a most awesome creation for finding words quickly.

Quote from: Question #7Have you made any contributions to the LN community that you're particularly proud of?

I have created an RP titled Aytautral. I am working on it with two friends who had worked on a fanfic and RP before with me. We decided that it would be best if we could just make something of our own where we each had a fair share in how the story ran and to allow our creations to be fun and, tse, creative. :P

Quote from: Question #8What is it that you liked/hated the most about Avatar ?

The thing I liked most about AVTR is the message it holds. It was an escape for me because at the time I was kinda lost and need somewhere to take my mind to so that I might find solitude and happiness. It provided that and rang very closely with the things that I feel are important. Enviromental respect, devotion (love), and freedom from your conscious life.

The one thing I disliked greatly was the hasty music work on the re-release for the hunting scene where the editors simply smashed the "War" track into the hunt.

If you want to know how big of an Avatard I am here is a link to my public FB pictures of this past Halloween.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2188829154255.2108503.1052858310&type=3

Also I own the original release of the AVTR Blu-ray/DVD and the Collectors Editions (one Blu-ray, the other DVD). I have the CD with music from the film, one McD's Neytiri toy(still lights up), one McD's Titanathor(still lights up), one McD's Toruk (doesnt make noise :(), a piano score for music from the film, and three AVTR posters that were printed after the relase of the film (just for decoration).

I would say my two most highly prized AVTR collectable are the Sideshow Collectables Polystone Neytiri statue
AND.....

*drums roll*

A certified authentic signed poster by the cast of AVTR.

If that isnt Avatard... then I dont know what is.  ;D

Quote from: Question #9Has Avatar  changed your life in any way?

I am currently doing some soul searching and am finding a lot of connections to Pagan religion in the film AVTR that I connect with very well. I feel that once I have made my choice on a religion to follow that AVTR will be a component of my belief system. I hope to someday soon get a tattoo similar to Human No More but in a different way that would more symbolise me and my journey through life. I feel a very close connections to animals, especially house cats. I hope that someday I might find Eywa and be enlightened but that will have to wait for the time being.

Yes I have had my photo altered so that I have a Na'vi face. If you follow the link provided above you can go to my Profile pictures and see my altered photo.

Quote from: Question #10If you could ask Frommer or Cameron three movie or language related questions what would they be?

If I met Cameron I would ask him:
1. Can I be on set for a week and watch the filming process?
2. What is your next plan after completing AVTR?
3. Can I has your autograph added to my signed poster?  :D

For Frommer:
1. Could you make a word just for me?
2. Will you be devoting your life to constructing this language or eventually let the community make it as they go?
3. Can I has your signature on my signed poster too?  :D

Quote from: Question #11What else do you do in you free time?

I am a gamer. Specifically BF3 at the moment and soon Skyrim if I can ever get the game. If you want to play some BF3 my gamer tag for XBOX 360 is DHK1LLA 1967.

I also like to read. Just recently finished the fourth book in the Eragon series.

Quote from: Question #12Name your top three favorite Earth animals from most favorite to least. Why those? What's the animal you're most terrified of?

1. House cats (favorite animal that I could keep in my home)
2. Eagles (closely connected to ayikran in my mind)
3. Wolves (badass awesome animals)

The most terrifying animal to me would have to be an alligator or crocodile because they can REALLY ruin your day if you arent careful.

Quote from: Question #13Pirate, ninja, zombie, or robot?

Robot. Can live forever and can have things added to improve intelligence and strength. I really wouldnt mind being able to simply upload a semester of classes into my head in a matter of hours rather than a long drawn out process of going to classes each day.  :P

Quote from: Question #14What three items would you take to a desert island and why?

1. A manual on desert island survival.
2. A large diamond edged knife.
3. A companion that would want to spend their life with me.

Quote from: Question #15If you could travel to anywhere in space and time (including fictional universes), where would you go and why?

I wouldnt mind going back in time to when the Druidic people were at the peak of their reign. From what I have read about them they have an awesome way of life that I could totally get into.  ;D

Quote from: Question #16If you were granted one single wish what would it be?

To always have exactly what is needed for any task presented to me. (Money, tools, knowledge, etc.)

Quote from: Question #17What is a question you'd ask yourself? How would you answer it?

Who are you really, what makes you "you"?

Currently I am not able to answer this question...

Quote from: Question #18True or false?

1. I once raised $2000 in elementary school and traveld parts of Europe.
2. I often commit myself to all nighters and I do not care for sleep.
3. I think excercise is simply forced pain.

Quote from: Question #19: My Life is AVTRWhat is the funniest, weirdest, or most embarrassing Na'vi or Avatar  related thing that has happened to you?

There isnt anything I can think of that I am Embarresed about AVTR or Na'vi. It has only been good for me and I am thankful for that.  :D

Quote from: Question #20: Bonus Question...

If I could have an infinite amount of any food I would have to say I would want to have Mexican burritos with a few choices to change things up from time to time. I could seriously eay an Asada Burrito with rice and beans everyday forever.  ;D

Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Puvomun

Congratulations on becoming Na'vi of the Week!
May you enjoy it and get lots of attention. :)

Hmmm... your ngay/tsleng options are difficult...

I shall say
1: Tsleng
2: Ngay
3: Ngay

Kìyevame, ma tsmukan!
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

AketuanNavi

Congratulations!!!   :)

T/F/F

QuoteA certified authentic signed poster by the cast of AVTR.

:o  Awesome! I still want to see that picture of it   ;)

Txura Rolyu

Irayo ma mesmukan  :). I Will try to get the picture of the signed poster.
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Seze Mune

I agree with Txonä T/F/T.

And you and Na'vin are awesome RP partners!  I feel like I'm already living on Pandora as a Na'vi....and an ikran....and a tokran...  :D

Aysautral

akiwiguy

Oops.

Your question is "If you could have an infinite amount of one food, what would it be and why?"

F/T/T.
Congrats!

Sherilyn

Cats are my fav too.  I like your name meaning.  Do you sing in a choir?  SoCal is a great place, I visited Long Beach a few years ago with a friend, stayed in her 'rents condo.

I'll say F/T/T.

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Quote from: Txura Rolyu on November 21, 2011, 04:49:57 AM
Quote from: Question #5What's you favorite Na'vi word? Did you incorporate it (or others) into your everyday vocab?

I like "kiyevame" best for use in everyday, but I like "ikran" the most because I love the creature.

Interesting, when you're with me you use "hayalovay" lol

Quote from: Question #7Have you made any contributions to the LN community that you're particularly proud of?

I have created an RP titled Aytautral. I am working on it with two friends who had worked on a fanfic and RP before with me. We decided that it would be best if we could just make something of our own where we each had a fair share in how the story ran and to allow our creations to be fun and, tse, creative. :P

I wish I had time to read all of that.

Quote from: Question #8What is it that you liked/hated the most about Avatar ?

If you want to know how big of an Avatard I am here is a link to my public FB pictures of this past Halloween.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2188829154255.2108503.1052858310&type=3

Also I own the original release of the AVTR Blu-ray/DVD and the Collectors Editions (one Blu-ray, the other DVD). I have the CD with music from the film, one McD's Neytiri toy(still lights up), one McD's Titanathor(still lights up), one McD's Toruk (doesnt make noise :(), a piano score for music from the film, and three AVTR posters that were printed after the relase of the film (just for decoration).

I would say my two most highly prized AVTR collectable are the Sideshow Collectables Polystone Neytiri statue
AND.....

*drums roll*

A certified authentic signed poster by the cast of AVTR.

If that isnt Avatard... then I dont know what is.  ;D

I just texted you saying I want to see that poster. Y U NO ANSWER?! Lawlz j/k :P

Quote from: Question #13Pirate, ninja, zombie, or robot?

Robot. Can live forever and can have things added to improve intelligence and strength. I really wouldnt mind being able to simply upload a semester of classes into my head in a matter of hours rather than a long drawn out process of going to classes each day.  :P

Me too! That would be so much more efficient.

Quote from: Question #18True or false?

1. I once raised $2000 in elementary school and traveld parts of Europe.
2. I often commit myself to all nighters and I do not care for sleep.
3. I think excercise is simply forced pain.

1) Interesting. Idk that you ever mentioned this...Imma say true tho
2) False. I've seen you after an all nighter...you so don't do it often lol, at least not as far as I can tell. I think you like your sleep.
3) I think I remember you mentioning something about this, so true.

Seykxel sì nitram ulte ngeyä kintrr sivunu ngaru ma tsmukan :)

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Swoka Ikran

Congrats :)

I'm gonna guess Ts/Ng/Ng...
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

hemmond

old gallery link?id=1849[/img]
old gallery link?id=1890[/img]

http://twitter.com/hemmondssandbox

If it's change in you, then the world is changing too.
--22nd World Scout Jamboree anthem.

Txura Rolyu

Thanks for all the good thoughts :D

I had some issues with getting to this thread so now that I can get to it I will get the picture of the poster and answer the final question.

hemmond

I'm really looking forward that pictures of that poster (as someone on this forum said some time ago: "Pic or it didn't happen" ;D ). :)

Txura Rolyu

There you go. The signatures are as follows:

Far Left top: Giovanni Ribisi (Parker)
Far Left bottom: Zoe Saldana (Neytiri)
Top Center: Joel David Moore (Norm)
Center Center: Sigourney Weaver
Center Bottom: Stephen Lang
Right top: Sam Worthington

Certificate of Authenticity is at the bottom of the frame.

hemmond

Wow! Really awereome! :D I really wouldn't mind if some poster like this one will be in my room on the wall. ;D ;D ;D

Eichhörnchen

Kaltxì ma Txura Rolyu

seykxel sì nitram, 'en si oe: tsleng - ngay - ngay. :-\

kintrrìri txana tì'o' ngar livu. :-*

Eywa ngahu,

ta Eichhörnchen ( Robert )
kxetse sì mikyun kop plltxe

Kamean

Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Syulang

Oel ayngati kameie ma oeyä aysmukan sì aysmuke ulte Eywa ayngahu livu

munea kifkey, 'awa soaia

Human No More

Congratulations :)

I have that Neytiri statue too... it's amazing ;D

Ts/Ng/Ng
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Seze Mune

Quote from: Human No More on November 25, 2011, 12:57:10 PM
Congratulations :)

I have that Neytiri statue too... it's amazing ;D

Ts/Ng/Ng

*Sigh*   :P

Txura Rolyu

Almost 8 hours left for me!!!  ;D

Anybody gots questions or something they wanna talk about?  :P