Facebook Language

Started by Unila kelkuyu si, January 31, 2010, 09:54:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unila kelkuyu si

I have noticed recently that in addition to the normal world languages, you can change your default language on facebook to some mock languages.  One common one that a lot of my friends use in "Pirate" and it just changes all the text in the facebook skin into different "Pirate Terms".  I am no expert on Na'vi, in fact, my knowledge is very limited, but if anyone is looking for a project, it might be kindof cool to have a Na'vi facebook language so that everything was in Na'vi!  ;D

Maweya tswonyu

i was thinking about this too. if anyone knows how to add a language to the translation pp, that would be cool.
"You are like a baby, making noise, don't know what to do" - Neytiri Te Tskaha Mo'at'ite

"All energy is borrowed, and one day you have to give it back."

Unila kelkuyu si

i saw some app on facebook the other day for creating new languages, but i cannot seem to find it anymore  :(  i thought it was under the language tab in settings but not there anymore

HTML_Earth

Google also has a lot of different languages, even Klingon.
But I guess it would be a bit more complicated to translate it, since Google has to add it themselves.

eanayo

Mmmhhh... I love the smell of old threads ;)

Anyway, while idly browsing facebook, I came across this request. Now, I don't know what has to be done to get a new language added to facebook translations, but from the looks of it we might just try and get as many people as possible to support this. Maybe if there's enough interest, it will be added.

Visit Our Dictionary for eBook readers, The Na'vi Word Puzzle Game and the Cryptogram Generator
srake tsun pivlltxe san [ˈɔaχkat͡slʃwɔaf]?

Tsufätu Ayioangä

I'll take a look through facebook and if you want I can send an email to google and see what magic I can work.

'eylan na'viyä

Thanks, that would be excellent.
And i hope you can figure out if google is still accepting new languages and what happened to this http://forum.learnnavi.org/your-projects-other-resources/translating-foruminterface-into-navi/msg160985/#msg160985

Tsufätu Ayioangä

hey...I was just wondering why our site doesn't have the option to be put into Na'vi...

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Aykerusey mì Terìran on April 02, 2010, 12:10:39 PM
hey...I was just wondering why our site doesn't have the option to be put into Na'vi...

I believe it's a project in the works.

'eylan na'viyä

ik would be interested if anyone does this. atm you can na'viify the forum with greasemonkey and "my" script but it is far from being perfect.
http://forum.learnnavi.org/your-projects-other-resources/translating-foruminterface-into-navi/

Tirea Aean

Hey guys I made a facebook group for adding Lì'fya leNa'vi to Language! I'm on my phone so I can't post a link, but you can click my link in my signature, only join that group if your Na'vi is good, leave a nice reply, click on Tirea Aean's(my) page, friend me, look at my pages, and become a fan. LoL I know that sounds like a lot, but it will be quick and fun! XD

Tsamsiyu92

Quote from: Tirea Aean on April 03, 2010, 10:27:27 AM
Hey guys I made a facebook group for adding Lì'fya leNa'vi to Language! I'm on my phone so I can't post a link, but you can click my link in my signature, only join that group if your Na'vi is good, leave a nice reply, click on Tirea Aean's(my) page, friend me, look at my pages, and become a fan. LoL I know that sounds like a lot, but it will be quick and fun! XD

Im not facebook user, but have you got any mainstream avatar hater flaming it yet?

Tirea Aean

actually to my surprise, there has not been a single flamer...not on either of my pages...see for yourself by taking a quick look at the links in my forum signature. I mean they are huge and they are practically screaming "CLICK HERE PLEASE!!!" XD

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Ok.  I've made an account with google and sent them a message on how to creat a compleatly new language project.  What i read says that the translation needs to be more than 90% compleate and it needs to be oked by a google rep to go live.  From what I've seen, however, it takes awhile so i will need help!  I'll let you know when I get more info. 

I did start working on facebook however my computer frose before I could get very far...

'eylan na'viyä

thanks,
hopefully its going to be possible.

about your computercrash, is the facebook translation app browserbased or an indepenent one, or was it just a random crash?

Tsufätu Ayioangä

My computer is just incredibly old and it just got overloaded.  It wass all normal.

Ok, it appears google is not accepting new languages for awhile due to the size of the site.  I'll keep an eye on it though.

Tirea Aean

Tsufätu Ayioangä

'eylan na'viyä

Any news about facebook or google?

Awpo tupe uniltìranyu

I have the FB application on my user, ill reply when i say something that makes a difference  ???