KDE nìNa'vi (a small part, at least...)

Started by Wllìm, June 21, 2014, 06:22:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tirea Aean

Well... I'm not sure really how official it is. (link added to previous post as edit) I guess the fact that Pawl used it I think makes it official. It was surrounded by ** because it's not a natural known Na'vi word. It's not in the dictionary because... I guess no one caught that age old post. For some reason I didn't ever remember to report this to be added to the list of loans in the Dictionary. Maybe it should be added. :)

Kamean

Nice idea! ;D
But I use Cinnamon (GNOME based environment).
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Wllìm

For if someone is using this, a new version is available here :)

I updated the translations to use the very good suggestions from Tìtstewan and Blue Elf, and added some new ones. Furthermore I included the script that converts numbers into octal. :D

Tìtstewan

Txantsan! :D

---
Projects = Aysìkangkemvi
Bookmarks = Aysyon ayfukä
Sessions = ?
Search and replace = Run sì Rawn
Current Project = Tìkangkemvi Lefkrr
Terminal = ?
Symbol lists = ?

For "save" I would use zong :)

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Wllìm

Irayo! :) I added them :D

For Search and replace I made it Fwew sì rawn, since I used fwew for "search" in other places.
An additional advantage of zong over pamrel si is that I can use pamrel si for "print" :) I used zong nìlahe for "save as", since zong mì seng alahe was a bit too long :P

Tìtstewan

Why not weyn for print? ???
And what about zong sko - "save as"?

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-

Wllìm

For zong sko: I didn't use that because I didn't know sko... I changed it :)

For weyn, is that appropriate for printing a text document? ???

Tìtstewan

If I'm thinking how I would explain a Na'vi what a printer is or do, I would say them: this is a machine, that draw images and letters. ;D

archaic

Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Tìtstewan

Wllìm

Fortunately (or unfortunately? ;)) Kate does not support 3D printing, so I made it weyn :)

Wllìm

A new version is available here :D

I now translated a small part of Konversation (an IRC client). I focused on translating the "channel messages" (people joining / leaving the channel, people quitting, whois requests, and so on), so when I join the #na'vi channel now, it looks like this:

(mo = channel, txele = channel topic)

The translation package now contains a script (in JavaScript) that conjugates nouns properly. So for example "Eywa" in the picture is rendered as "Eywal", because the translation needs an agentive case there. However, "Wllìm" would be rendered as "Wllìmìl". If you are interested in such a script, I uploaded the relevant parts here. Bug-freeness is not really guaranteed :P (I'm thinking of turning this into a simple web page where one can enter a noun and have it conjugated :) )

Blue Elf

Just some nitpicking:
QuoteAyson moä: txele lu hawnawnu, kea 'upxare ta wrrpa
Channel properties: topic is protected?, no message from outside.
Adjectives created using <awn> can't be used this way - the only usage is as attribute (like txele ahawnawnu), so release lu and add a-, and all should be ok.
QuoteEywal tìng ngaru mokriti
Eywa give you voice
Hmm, what you mean by this sentence? Would not it be "Eywa tìng mikyun mokriru ngeyä" - Eywa listen to your voice? I don't use IRC, so I have no idea what that message is ;)
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Tìtstewan

This.
And because one write there, I would use Eywal inan ayfamrel ngeyä Eywa reads your writings, kefyak?

Quote from: Blue Elf on July 23, 2014, 02:10:27 PM
Just some nitpicking:
QuoteAyson moä: txele lu hawnawnu, kea 'upxare ta wrrpa
Channel properties: topic is protected?, no message from outside.
Adjectives created using <awn> can't be used this way - the only usage is as attribute (like txele ahawnawnu), so release lu and add a-, and all should be ok.
Hmm, why not kxuke instead hawnawnu?
Ayson moä: txele lu kxuke, kea 'upxare ta wrrpa
Channel properties: topic is safe, no message from outside
:-\

Tirea Aean

maybe:

Aysyon moä: txelet ke tsun fko leykivatem, kea 'upxare (a?) ta wrrpa

Eywal tìng mokrit ngaru == Eywa gives you voice. The IRC really does say this, and it means the Eywa bot grants you the privilege to post messages to the channel. mods and admins may tell Eywa to revoke that privilege if you are a troll, for example.

Fkol ngamop fìmoti (forgot -ti)

seysonìltsan :D

Wllìm

Irayo nìtxan ma frapo :D

About txele lu hawnawnu: Okay, apparently I was sleeping when I came up with this one :-X
The original English for this is "topic protection". I thought about this one again, and I think that just tìhawnu txeleyä would be fine...

Quote from: Tirea Aean on July 24, 2014, 12:23:59 AM
maybe:

Aysyon moä: txelet ke tsun fko leykivatem, kea 'upxare (a?) ta wrrpa
Uh-oh, I only now see that latem is intransitive :-[ I'll have to change it in... (searches in all translation files) ...63 places now, HRH :P
And I added the a, thank you :)

Eywal tìng mokrit ngaru == Eywa gives you voice. The IRC really does say this, and it means the Eywa bot grants you the privilege to post messages to the channel. mods and admins may tell Eywa to revoke that privilege if you are a troll, for example.
Yes, this is it ;) Sorry, I should probably have clarified that.

Fkol ngamop fìmoti (forgot -ti)
'Ä'... Embarrassing :-[

* Wllìm plans to check his translations better in the future ::)

Edit: Huh? Is /me actually rendered on this forum? HRH!