Na'vi-fying party games

Started by Tstewa Ikrantsyìp, April 05, 2015, 03:46:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tstewa Ikrantsyìp

I don't know if I'm the first to think of anything like this. but I've heard a lot of Na'vi events, like Na'vi marriages, and birthday parties and such, but has anybody thought of Na'vi party games.
I don't know any, but one did pop into mind, what do you think??

Pin the tail on the Na'vi.

we could Na'vify party games, and other events like that.

Tat Tstewa Ikrantsyìp
Mega - Na'vi - Booklet - Project (One Book to Rule Them All)
Unofficial Na'vi survey
Na'vi - Sign - Language - Project

Na'vi - Language - Book - Project

Tìtstewan

The problem with translating games is, that there are probably lot of missing words... :(
...just read this thread about translating GTA III...

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Tstewa Ikrantsyìp

while I agree with the translating difficulties. the game I suggested does not need translation.

its the na'vi version of pin the tail on the donkey
Unofficial Na'vi survey

Tirea Aean

yeah, never translate video games. Unless all the people in the game are exactly like the Na'vi but have a different language and live on a world very similar to Pandora.

As for board games and party games... Some phrases or words may need translation but some or most may not be available.

As for what games a Na'vi plays on Pandora (i.e. what uvan and uvan si actually mean), I'm not sure. I think we do not currently actually know of any games the Na'vi play. If I were to guess, the Na'vi very likely have such basic games as Hide-and-seek and Tag or some variation thereof.

So with all that said, it's really difficult to say right now what our typical Earth party games would map to for a more Na'vi culture feel.

archaic

You might be safe with James Cameron's Avatar: The Game;)  :D
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: archaic on April 05, 2015, 10:33:22 AM
You might be safe with James Cameron's Avatar: The Game;)  :D

Actually YES! Let's translate that game into legally formed and correctly pronounced Na'vi! :D ;D ;D :P

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Tirea Aean on April 05, 2015, 10:41:03 AM
Actually YES! Let's translate that game into legally formed and correctly pronounced Na'vi! :D ;D ;D :P
I tried it. That game isn't modifyable because it's full of crypted containers. :(

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

archaic

Someone must be able to White Hat their way in.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Tstewa Ikrantsyìp

whil I'm completely in love with this new idea. and am fully supportive of this because it could go places, I'm a bit of a noob in the way that, I simply had an idea to Na'vyfy birthday party games like pin the tail on the donkey or spin the bottle or pinyata or whatever. that was the original idea, just to put a Na'vi spin on the old fashion kids party games. no translation necessary.
Unofficial Na'vi survey