The Web in Na'vi

Started by 'eylan na'viyä, April 07, 2010, 01:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'eylan na'viyä

Because of the recent efforts translating popular websites i thought it would be a good idea to sum this up and make up a thread to discuss which pages can or should be translated or not. And to list those that are already in Na'vi

also take a look at Software in Na'vi

Summary:

WebpageStatus(color)+Projectpage/thread link
forum.learnnavi.orgpartially done with greasemonkey
www.masempul.orgpartially
masempul.org/blog/complete
letrranavi.wordpress.com* complete
www.facebook.comin progress(site supports klingon&esperanto)
www.google.comrequested(site supports klingon&esperanto) | afaik no answer since about 2 weeks(now: 16.04.10)|further delays are likely
www.Meebo.comin progress, help out a little on the wiki page(~2% completed)
www.ted.comi have send them a message to add Na'vi to the subtitlelanguagelist(site supports klingon&esperanto) | no answer since about 1 weeks(now: 16.04.10) | maybe frommers tedxusc speech can do something
gigadictionary.orgthe original but closed thread
Ideas:

www.reddit.comopen source and allready has 'languages' like LOL 1337 and Arrrrrrrr!
www.youtube.comhavent yet seen a possibility to translate it natively
www.blogger.comalready supports quite a lot of languages, so there is maybe hope
www.dict.ccalready supports quite a lot of languages and has more in the waiting list, so there is maybe hope(site supports esperanto)
wikipedia.orgunlikely, they had klingon once but deleted it.  add Na'vi to the list of languages you speak in your profile
www.mediawiki.org(the wiki software itself) may be possible
www.livejournal.com
www.myheritage.com
www.hi5.com
www.couchsurfing.org

what do you think about these pages?
which ones do you want to translate / be translated?

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

I would definitely love that. It's nice to have and use something familiar in Na'vi. It help a lot to learn it ;)
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

zakovirka

Letz do it,it may have only positive result. ;)

MrGoodbytes

There is a create a language link if I am correct on facebook under the language tab.  There is language, primary language, and then translate facebook.  Click that and there is some information and links.  you may have already known this, but still, at the beginnning it was  said that you could not find it. ;)

'eylan na'viyä

Quote from: MrGoodbytes on April 09, 2010, 08:53:09 AM
There is a create a language link if I am correct on facebook under the language tab.  There is language, primary language, and then translate facebook.  Click that and there is some information and links.  you may have already known this, but still, at the beginnning it was  said that you could not find it. ;)

has someone already done this ? i dont have a facebookaccount

as for www.ted.com i still havent got an answer.
Prrton mentioned here that frommer will speak at TEDxUSC tomorrow
Maybe they will add it anyway after the event but if not it would be good if someone else ask them to add Na'vi.
We need Na'vi subtitles for his speech  ;D

Tsamsiyu92

Why not Steam? a lot of us use that, and maybe we cann offer my corrections on their horrible norwegian translation...lol.

'eylan na'viyä

I havent had steam on my pc quite a long time. do you know if the languagefiles are stored locally or remotely? and if remotely, do they accept usergenerated translations?

general note: translations for standaloneapplications should be maybe handled in a different thread

MrGoodbytes

Well I was wrong on the naturre of the link on facebook, so I will keep looking and possibly talk to @dm1n (admin).  We can all help translate it though, because the users vote on the best translations.  I can do some, but my Na'vi isn't great yet...

'eylan na'viyä

Hopefully facebook can be persuaded.

MrGoodbytes

Well if you guys are on you can add me. I am on Tirea Aean's facebook friend list as Kyle Nieft.  Let's get a facebook community going!

MrGoodbytes

If you add me though, send me a message saying that you are from here, because I usually don't add people who don't have common friends. :)

Tirea Aean

Yeah. I have found many many aspiring Na'vi learners on FB after making my Tirea Aean profile.

Payoang

'eylan na'viyä

'eylan na'viyä

i took a look at www.reddit.com

it looks like it is open for changes; the software of that page is open source and they already support many languages. so i think the chances are good that they'll accept a Na'vi translation.

i found 2 pages dealing with translations:
volunteer to translate (i think this is maybe more like a form for submitting minor errors in existing translations)
Translations in http://code.reddit.com/
but i found nothing that had to do with submitting to the original page.

Maybe someone else finds anything ...

Nusumea Uniltìranyu

This one is a bit too high: Wikipedia in Na'vi. o.o

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Meta:Language_proposal_policy

Kxeyo

Yes, I think Wikipedia: no. I mean, they had Klingon, but throw it out because of not enough entrys (correct me if I'm wrong). Anyway, I think they wouldn't like it, I think.
Oe lu Kxeyo—

—pa'liyä maktoyu. Vitra ata'lengean oeru lu. ♾️

Quote from: Ku'rända on January 09, 2011, 11:32:47 AMActually, that would be an interesting thought; if gay Na'vi would actually mate, or just run off in the bushes for a little bum-fun!

Quote from: Alyara Arati on February 24, 2012, 06:15:11 AMKxa (Open your mouth and say "Kxa") :P

Nusumea Uniltìranyu

Google can be removed, for a while.

Quote from: FAQI want to translate Google products into a language I don't see on this list. How can I do that?

Right now, we're unable to support more languages in GIYL. However, we're working hard to enlarge this program, and when we add new languages to the program, we'll add them to the list of available languages on the account editing page.

http://www.google.com/transconsole/giyl/check/staticfile?staticfilekey=faq

EDIT: Multiply is also a nice idea. ^.^'

'eylan na'viyä

Quote from: Hawnuyu Kelutrel on April 25, 2010, 02:21:42 PM
Yes, I think Wikipedia: no. I mean, they had Klingon, but throw it out because of not enough entrys (correct me if I'm wrong). Anyway, I think they wouldn't like it, I think.

As for Articles in Na'vi, thats true, im 100% shure they wont accept it, they even considered deleting the German page for Na'vi. In my opinion it almost looks like there is more deleted than created atm. that even attracted the media in germany some months ago.

But maybe the software itself(that is used in many places, even the learnnavi-wiki) can be translated.

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Localisation
http://translatewiki.net/wiki/Main_Page

Nìnyu Tìrey

This is an awesome project and I can't wait to see Facebook in Na'vi.  If for any strange reason there's some way in which I can help, just let me know.