Tskxekengtsyìp a Mikyunfpi–A Little Listening Exercise

Started by Tìtstewan, October 01, 2015, 10:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tìtstewan

Tskxekengtsyìp a Mikyunfpi–A Little Listening Exercise

Here's another little listening exercise I hope you enjoy.

There's one new vocabulary item you'll need:

pxawngip (n., PXAW.ngip) 'environment'

This derives from pxaw 'around' + ngip 'space'

Recall too that Tsyan = 'John'

Fìtskxekengtsyìp zivawprrte' ayngane!

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Toliman

Txantsan  :D

Quotelistening exercise I hope you enjoy.
I very enjoy it  :D Very useful.

Plumps

Quote from: Tìtstewan on October 01, 2015, 10:50:17 AM

Fìtskxekengtsyìp zivawprrte' ayngar!

mind the correction that Pawl made: ayngar > ayngane because zawprrte' requires ne instead of the dative.

Hahaw[hhvhhvcz]

Yay :D Some listening exercise in Na'vi. :D

This will improve my Na'vi a bit. ;)
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
  • Worth: $1551 ($396 with sales) (updated 17.3.16)
  • Games owned: 97
  • Games not played: 34 (35%)
  • Hours on record: 1,825.3h

Vawmataw

Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Wllìm

I just listened to it. It is great to have more listening material, since my listening capabilities are quite bad; it seems I can't process the Na'vi words quickly enough.

I still have hope that it will improve, since I had exactly the same experience with English when I was learning that, and there was a sudden moment when my understanding of spoken text jumped from "almost nothing" to "most of it".

Plumps

Nìngay srak?
Fparmìl oel futa hamalo a oeng fìtsap pängkxo, ngal tslam nìltsan. Mìftxele, zene oeng liveyn tsakemit ye'rìn ;)

Really?
I was under the impression last time we spoke that you understood very well. Btw, we have to repeat that some time soon
;)

But I know what you mean. I didn't understand much at first. I had to listen to it several times before sentences started to make sense. It is frustrating at the beginning, I have to admit that. But I think we all strive to get to the point where we can produce and understand Na'vi in this capacity. :D

Interesting grammatical bit, though concerning the verb back-to-back construct...
Seems like rules for required grammatical structures get transported (i.e. ... tsun wrrziva'u uvan sivi ...) We never had that before.