Started by Toliman, October 28, 2019, 05:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toliman

We have next post by KP :D

Vurway Alor—A Beautiful Narrative Poem
http://naviteri.org/2019/10/vurway-alor-a-beautiful-narrative-poem-2/
Posted on October 27, 2019 by Pawl

Kaltxì, ma frapo.

It's my pleasure to present to you, as a listening exercise, an evocative narrative poem by our Tsyili. The recording is by the author and Tirea Aean.

In any language, poetry is more difficult than prose. So don't be surprised or disturbed if you find this challenging. Listen to the recording several times to get as much as you can out of it. Then compare it to the Na'vi text. Finally, check the translation, which Tsili herself supplied, to see how much you understood.

Here's the recording: (see link)

Text:

English translation:

I'd love to post more listening exercises! Have you written something in Na'vi—even if it's very simple!—that you'd like to record for Na'viteri? If so, please send it to me along with your recording and I'll consider it for posting. And just to reiterate, don't be afraid to make it concise and simple! We need listening exercises at all levels—beginning, intermediate, and advanced.

Fìvurwayri alor sì stä'nìpamìri tseyä irayo nìtxan, ma mesmuk!

stä'nìpam (n., STÄ'.nì.pam) 'recording'

This word is a simple compound of stä'nì 'catch' and pam 'sound.' When you record something, you catch its sound and preserve it rather than letting the sound fly away. (As with other technology-related terms such as eltu lefngap, this word obviously entered the Na'vi language after the Na'vi became familiar with the Sawtute and their devices.)

stä'nìpam si (vin.) 'to record'

Säftxulì'u atìtxurnga' nìtxan nang! Furia tsaru nga stä'nìpam soli, irayo.
   'What a powerful speech! Thank you for recording it.'

Hayalovay!