[you] BBC tag

Started by Toruk Makto, January 27, 2011, 03:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toruk Makto

The BBC [you] tag has been removed due to excessive confusion and bad vibes from pranking new members.

ta Markì

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

bommel

interesting. To be honest, I wasn't sure if I should like or hate it too ^^

Eana Tanhì

[you] tag is gone?! :( I liked it..

Dreams die first because people give them up so easily...

Swoka Ikran

Not sure where I stand on this...it was fun to play with, but like many of us, I fell for it when it first came around :P

I feel like an option in a user's settings for it (turned off by default) would be a better solution to the problems. It'd eliminate the prank and confusion issues since users would have to turn it on, and you could put a warning next to the option...
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Sіr. Ηaxalot

[you]

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! D:

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

While I did enjoy having it in my sig to personally greet people, I guess it's a good thing that it's gone because i know it did cause a lot of confusion and I got a lot of messages from people wondering why I was talking about them in my sig and what I was saying (it's all on Na'vi). It was fun while it lasted.

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Toruk Makto

PRANKING. IT'S WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE STUFF.

or something...

:P
:D

ta Markì

guest2859

Quote from: Markì on January 27, 2011, 06:40:21 PM
PRANKING. IT'S WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE STUFF.

or something...

:P
:D

ta Markì

Or it could be like the friendly CM Forums I on about once a month, where they get almost nothing except the ability to post, change text color and images, and they use vB. But then again, they aren't exactly as mature or awesome as us.
But the [you] tag never really appealed to me.

archaic

Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

I hope that this does not mark the beginning of a trend.

I am on another listserv that has become so tightly moderated that it has essentially killed the listserv, and wounded the organization as a whole. They have a webboard, and run it the same way. They get perhaps a dozen posts a year now.

Dealing with people who abuse a privilege by taking everyone's privilege to use a feature, is (to be polite) very ke na Na`vi.

There are also a number of threads that turning this feature off, will break.

Just my opinion.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

wm.annis

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on January 28, 2011, 12:14:09 AM

I am on another listserv that has become so tightly moderated that it has essentially killed the listserv, and wounded the organization as a whole. They have a webboard, and run it the same way. They get perhaps a dozen posts a year now.

This will reduce the amount of moderation that has to be done.  The mods will have to deal with fewer reported posts from confused, non-technical noobs who think they're being stalked or personally insulted.

QuoteDealing with people who abuse a privilege by taking everyone's privilege to use a feature, is (to be polite) very ke na Na`vi.

We have to work within the limits of the tools we have.  SMF is not infinitely configurable.

Toruk Makto

Seriously, this is not a trend of anything and it is not really dangerously abused. However, the [you] tag does cause unnecessary confusion among some of our newer members and really has no common legitimate use. From an administration standpoint, the downside outweighs the limited entertainment value.

ta Markì

Txur’Itan

Quote from: wm.annis on January 28, 2011, 07:25:51 AM

This will reduce the amount of moderation that has to be done.  The mods will have to deal with fewer reported posts from confused, non-technical noobs who think they're being stalked or personally insulted.

/snip

What WM.Annis has posted here is the most frequent event caused by the [ you ] tag, I think that it is probably better not to do something that causes people to immediately feel offended.
私は太った男だ。

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Learn Na'vi Rules and PoliciesHi [you]!

TSe, a fail there for turning off [you].

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Toruk Makto

Txura Rolyu

[you]... I never got to use it.  :(
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

archaic

Dealing with people who abuse a privilege by taking everyone's privilege to use a feature, is (to be polite) very ke na Na`vi.

There are also a number of threads that turning this feature off, will break.

Just my opinion.
I'm going to keep my big mouth shut on this. :-X
If I wasn't, I wouldn't be disagreeing with Eylan.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Sіr. Ηaxalot

QuoteDealing with people who abuse a privilege by taking everyone's privilege to use a feature, is (to be polite) very ke na Na`vi.

We have to work within the limits of the tools we have.  SMF is not infinitely configurable.

Should I feel guilty? :P

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Sir. Haxalot on February 05, 2011, 06:40:54 PM

Should I feel guilty? :P

Yes, very. :P