2011 Na'vi Writing Contest

Started by Toruk Makto, December 05, 2011, 03:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plumps

Quote from: Tirea Aean on December 20, 2011, 05:31:45 PM

remember that? \memory 8)

*keytsyokx* ;D

So, my assumption to translate 'you meant XY' as ngeyä ral lamu XY is not that far off...

Sorry, back on topic...

Blue Elf

Quote from: Toruk Makto on December 20, 2011, 07:40:31 PM
It looks like the deadline extension was a good idea. Lots of entries starting to come in!

ta Markì
Great! can you give us some statistical data - how many submissions was received so far, how many was in poetry category?
Do we overcome last year's number? It would be wonderful!
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Alyara Arati

It looks like the deadline extension was a good idea. Lots of entries starting to come in!

ta Markì

Kosman!  Ftozä si ko!
Learn how to see.  Realize that everything connects to everything else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

Toruk Makto

Quote from: Blue Elf on December 21, 2011, 11:04:25 AM

ta Markì
Great! can you give us some statistical data - how many submissions was received so far, how many was in poetry category?

I don't remember how many there were from last year, but right now we have 7 entries with 6 of those being poetry.

Markì

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Ikran Ahiyìk

Would it be possible to add one more prize - something (can be as simple as a paper) with Frommer's words written on? ::)
Plltxe nìhiyìk na ikran... oe fmeri sìltsan nì'ul slivu, ngaytxoa...

See the new version with fingerings!

Blue Elf

Quote from: Toruk Makto on December 22, 2011, 07:27:40 PM
Quote from: Blue Elf on December 21, 2011, 11:04:25 AM

ta Markì

I don't remember how many there were from last year, but right now we have 7 entries with 6 of those being poetry.

Markì
Fantastic! I expected reversed ratio - more prose than poetry. But that means that prose will not have winner..... :o

QuoteWould it be possible to add one more prize - something (can be as simple as a paper) with Frommer's words written on?
You mean diploma? Good idea... if our judges propose it and Paul agree...

Tirea Aean

Really? I definitely saw it coming that there would be much more poetry than prose. but thought that there would be more than one prose...

For some reasn, to me that does not seem likely. Perhaps that can be considered for next year.

Ikran Ahiyìk

Quote from: Blue Elf on December 23, 2011, 10:58:49 AM
QuoteWould it be possible to add one more prize - something (can be as simple as a paper) with Frommer's words written on?
You mean diploma? Good idea... if our judges propose it and Paul agree...
Or just anything.. even a word it would be priceless to everyone here.

Quote from: Tirea Aean on December 23, 2011, 11:04:15 AM
Really? I definitely saw it coming that there would be much more poetry than prose. but thought that there would be more than one prose...

For some reasn, to me that does not seem likely. Perhaps that can be considered for next year.
That's true, I should have suggested this when you all were still planning, not now and the contest is finished :P

Toruk Makto

Tabulation of the judges' scores is almost complete. Stay tuned for the winner...  :)

ta Markì

Blue Elf

Quote from: Toruk Makto on December 29, 2011, 10:59:57 AM
Tabulation of the judges' scores is almost complete. Stay tuned for the winner...  :)

ta Markì
Hmm, still no news at Naviteri, I won't be able to sleep well ;D
Until we get the results, can we get final statistic about contest?

Toruk Makto

Still working to get all the results in...

Toruk Makto

Ok, ma frapo,

The results are in, but we are going to leave you hanging for just a little bit longer.  :P

The winners will be announced by karyu Dr. Paul Frommer on his blog at Na'viteri in the next few days. So keep checking over there for the post with the winning entries!

ta Markì

Ikran Ahiyìk

Compared to others', my work seems a rush.. :P

anyway thanks for you all's hard work :)

Tsmuktengan

I really am impatient to see the resuts and what has been submitted.  :)

Blue Elf

Well, seems that contest is now completed nìwotx, we know the winners.
So let me give my thanks to all competitors (and again to our judges too). I was afraid of low number of works at the begining, but aparently many authors are here, what is great. It was worth to organize contest and I hope that it will continue in 2012 also.

And propose at the end, for those who didn't win: what about publishing your works in Pamrel nìNa'vi nì'aw thread? I think all works are worth to publish...

Tirea Aean

I agree. Please help populate that board if you have written  any na'vi literature

I plan to add a small piece Ive recently written. :)

Alyara Arati

Quote from: Blue Elf on December 31, 2011, 03:01:23 PM
Well, seems that contest is now completed nìwotx, we know the winners.
So let me give my thanks to all competitors (and again to our judges too). I was afraid of low number of works at the begining, but aparently many authors are here, what is great. It was worth to organize contest and I hope that it will continue in 2012 also.

And propose at the end, for those who didn't win: what about publishing your works in Pamrel nìNa'vi nì'aw thread? I think all works are worth to publish...

Mllte!  I just want to say thanks to everyone as well!  And welcome one and all!
Learn how to see.  Realize that everything connects to everything else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Tirea Aean on December 31, 2011, 03:07:32 PM
I agree. Please help populate that board if you have written  any na'vi literature

I plan to add a small piece Ive recently written. :)

I second that, please everyone submit your works there for all to see.

Ikran Ahiyìk

Maybe asking all contestants in advance for willing to publish or not? (next time) So there will be a collection come out.

Like add "please notify us in your submission email if you would like to publish your entry after completion of the contest" in the guideline.. ::)

Tirea Aean

Every participant should have known that their submission would be published on the blog if it wins....it was posted in the writing contest announcement

Submissions which do not win do not get published there but the author is free to publish it on the forums.(or not) Getting posted in the blog is the prize ;)