2011 Na'vi Writing Contest

Started by Toruk Makto, December 05, 2011, 03:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikran Ahiyìk

Hmm.. actually I mean a topic including all entries no matter they win or not (ask for permission first of course..)

If not, even they are willing to publish, the entries will be separated into many topics, won't it? :)
Plltxe nìhiyìk na ikran... oe fmeri sìltsan nì'ul slivu, ngaytxoa...

See the new version with fingerings!

Alyara Arati

Not if I start a topic for writing contest entries; hopefully someone will post their work in it? :)
Learn how to see.  Realize that everything connects to everything else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

Tirea Aean

Oh. I see what you mean. But only Toruk Makto knows all the people who submitted a piece.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Alyara Arati on January 01, 2012, 12:45:02 AM
Not if I start a topic for writing contest entries; hopefully someone will post their work in it? :)

Oh. This could work. But the advantage of each piece having its own thread is that discussion about word choice and grammar can be contained with its piece and saparate from the others.

How about make a thread which keeps a running list of links to posts by the contestants?

Alyara Arati

Learn how to see.  Realize that everything connects to everything else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

Toruk Makto

Quote from: Tirea Aean on January 01, 2012, 12:45:43 AM
Oh. I see what you mean. But only Toruk Makto knows all the people who submitted a piece.

I am thinking it would be better to let each person decide if they want to post their work in the forum.

Markì

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Toruk Makto on January 01, 2012, 01:01:53 AM
Quote from: Tirea Aean on January 01, 2012, 12:45:43 AM

I am thinking it would be better to let each person decide if they want to post their work in the forum.

Markì

This ended up being the decision; Alyara Arati has created a new sticky in /pamrel-ninavi-niaw

Ikran Ahiyìk

Quote from: Tirea Aean on January 01, 2012, 12:48:38 AM
Quote from: Alyara Arati on January 01, 2012, 12:45:02 AM

Oh. This could work. But the advantage of each piece having its own thread is that discussion about word choice and grammar can be contained with its piece and saparate from the others.

How about make a thread which keeps a running list of links to posts by the contestants?
You remind me this.

Ikran Ahiyìk

Yes, I've seen it..
but, .. so now which choice is chosen? Separated topics linked by links, or post the whole passage there? How about something in Na'viteri... That isn't her final entry
I don't have much plan for mine.. I've got only an hour to rush it in the busy December.. (planned in mind of course)

Yora'tu

We know now that 1 and 2 place.
Can you tell who won the other
places?

Tirea Aean

afaik there are no 2nd,3rd place etc, just two winners per category

Toruk Makto

That is correct. And I can tell you that the results were extremely close, some differing by only one point. All eight entries were fantastic and this was a very difficult contest to judge. I salute those who had to choose. Seiyi irayo nìtxan to everyone that entered!

Markì

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf