A response from Paul Frommer!

Started by Payoang, January 20, 2010, 02:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unil.

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Was 'efu the word for love. I want to be sure.

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Nìwotxkrr Tsahameylu on January 20, 2010, 04:44:47 PM
Was 'efu the word for love. I want to be sure.

No, yawn was the word for love (noun only).

Check out the intermediate section for the breakdown of the letter: http://forum.learnnavi.org/intermediate/language-update-a-closer-look-at-dr-frommers-letter/

QuoteDownload the .swf with something like this https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/201 and then rip the audio with something like this http://media-convert.com/

Done, as soon as I'm done with work in about 1/2 an hour I'll make GIGANTIC post in the audio section on this.

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Kìte'eyä Aungia

Quote from: Ftiafpi on January 20, 2010, 04:46:44 PM
Done, as soon as I'm done with work in about 1/2 an hour I'll make GIGANTIC post in the audio section on this.

Awesome, I'll watch for it. Let me know if you want some help splitting up the audio.

Ikran

This is great! Today is a major turning point in the short history of Na'vi.

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Mithridates on January 20, 2010, 02:47:05 PM
Great, more Na'vi to parse. I let Wikipedia know about the new source as they've done a great job going over the content that we've had until now.

If we had a few dozen more of these we should be able to figure out the language all by ourselves.

Yes! Exactly. Think about this: This is (possibly) the most complete Na'vi communication to date. It is not one sentence, or a short interchange. In writing the entire letter in Na'vi, the toktor (a brilliant man) has slipped up a free lesson. He has shown us how HE expresses himself (phraseology, word usage, word placement, syntax, and whatnot). This is like dropping breadcrumbs to follow when one is not allowed to specifically post signs to mark the trail. And I know that he knows that we have a dearth of minds who will pore all over this letter and come up with tons of new rules and Na'vi language construction to torture the rest of us with.

:)

Smart guy.
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Ftiafpi

Here is a link to download the MP3 of the letter: http://www.archive.org/download/FrommerSpokenNavi/FrommerLetter.mp3
http://www.archive.org/download/FrommerSpokenNavi/FrommerLetter.mp3

Edit: Again, stupid forum doing stuff I don't want it to do. I left the embedded player there for ease of use but if you want to download the file use the address in the code field.

Cournal

Quote from: Kìte'eyä Aungia on January 20, 2010, 03:53:40 PM
Quote from: irongamer on January 20, 2010, 03:51:13 PM
Agreed! This is great. If the sound file becomes available these will be added to the phrase area for the language tool.

I just gave instructions above for getting the sound file. I could also host it somewhere or email it out (1.4 MB mp3).

If you could send the file to my email that would be great.

[email protected]

Thanks

Tslerolam'awpo

This is AWSOME news! I was checking my email on my phone when I saw the email which almost made me spit out my drink lolz. I was wondering also where I could fond the petition because I've be away from the forums for quiet some time due to personal reasons.

Irayo~

Tengfya swizaw: Here's to not knowing exactly what you're saying and having fun with it.

Ditto. =3

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Cournal on January 20, 2010, 06:32:14 PM
Quote from: Kìte'eyä Aungia on January 20, 2010, 03:53:40 PM
Quote from: irongamer on January 20, 2010, 03:51:13 PM
Agreed! This is great. If the sound file becomes available these will be added to the phrase area for the language tool.

I just gave instructions above for getting the sound file. I could also host it somewhere or email it out (1.4 MB mp3).

If you could send the file to my email that would be great.

[email protected]

Thanks

Look up at post, it's right before yours.

Zefanaya

Oel ngati kameie
Irayo, Pawl, moe tsakem 'upxare moe omum nga neu ne kar moe krrnekx 'upe tÍng.
Eywa ngahu

(someone check see what may be incorrect trying to work from mem.)
AM 2012 - Uniting the Clans Planning Team
Zephaniah Washington - [email protected]

A Furry - FA: Tirey
AMERICANS FOR PROTECTION OF FREE SPEECH

Na'rìng

Kaltxìsì irayo Pawl!

Thank you for the reply, and it was fast, too!

Eywa ngahu.
Eywa ngahu ma smukan.
Eywa'evengä yawne lu oeru.

It kraon. XD!!! (Speak it the Na'vi way)

Skxawng Hawnuyu

Quote from: Tirey Hawnuyu on January 20, 2010, 07:04:02 PM
Oel ngati kameie
Irayo, Pawl, moe tsakem 'upxare moe omum nga neu ne kar moe krrnekx 'upe tÍng.
Eywa ngahu

(someone check see what may be incorrect trying to work from mem.)
Well i noticed that you got "moe" wrong... you you should use "Ayoe" (all of us without you)... im still a begginer so there might be still errors... i got what you wanted to say though
-Oe Skxawng Lu.
-Ma Luke, oe lu ngeyä sempul.
-http://khalypso.deviantart.com/art/Create-a-Na-vi-Avatar-150133931

Rain

Irayo nitxan ngeya 'upxare. Fi-trr siltsan leiu! 'Ivong Na'vi!

And, as always, let me know if something isn't right!
"If there are self-made purgatories, then we shall all have to live in them."
-Spock, "This Side of Paradise"

"The greatest danger about Pandora is that you may come to love it too much." ~Grace Augustine

I'en Olo'eyktan

Quote from: Txepäsiyu on January 20, 2010, 02:30:04 PM
WooHoo!!

Eywa'evengä?  Pandora is Eywa'evengä in Na'vi??!!
it probably means something like Eywa's world or something roughly along those lines

pbhead

Coyote

Quote from: Txepäsiyu on January 20, 2010, 02:30:04 PM
WooHoo!!

Outstanding!!!

Eywa'evengä?  Pandora is Eywa'evengä in Na'vi??!!

Must make sure this is in the RP...
In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

Tsway'eion