Started by Utrayä Mokri, February 01, 2011, 05:47:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikran Eyktan

FYI, even though it would be nice, I haven't seen 60fps mentioned anywhere in the DCI specifications, so therefore I think its unlikely that you will see it released this way when the sequel comes out.  The highest I know of and have worked with is 48fps.

That is theatrically speaking though, any other forms of a digital release for us could indeed mean a 60fps treat, but we will have to wait and see.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

60 FPS is common in video work, for such formats as 720p and 1080p. Standard definition (in the US and Canada 525i) and 1080i both are approximately 30 FPS, but break each frame down into two fields. This is a little different than film, where the shutter shows exactly the same image when it opens twice per frame of film. (I don't know if they do this for 48 FPS IMAX, perhaps Ikran Eyktan knows.) In video, there can be slight differences between fields, as the fields are sampled, as well as displayed, sequentially. In some ways, it is like 60 FPS, but each complete image made from a half-resolution partial image, sampled sequentially. Interlace creates utter nightmares for signal processing and manipulation folks. This is one of many reasons everyone is moving away from it in the long run. (I will point out though, for a frame rate in a progressive scan system (i.e. non-interlaced, like 1080p) that is the same as the field rate of an interlaced system, twice the information is needed to construct that image, thus twice the signal/data bandwidth. This is why 1080p is not currently possible with conventional TV broadcast.)

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Amaya

Quote from: Ikran Eyktan on February 10, 2011, 11:56:16 AM
Something else you will find interesting-> over here in Vancouver British Columbia, we had the first (permanently constructed that is) IMAX 3D theatre around.  It was built for EXPO-86 has since been taken out of service (which is a shame because it was a true GT large venue IMAX setup, and would really show the resolution of 15/70mm).

Ah, fond memories!  I remember the awesomeness that was EXPO-86!  That was the year we lived in Van!

...anyway back on topic, for me, as the know-nothing pleb when it comes to framerates, whatever Mr. Cameron feels best reflects his vision is fine with me.

Robert Nantangä Tirea

I would have to say it boils down to trusting Cameron's judgement/desires on it (for me at least).

I researched the first movie a lot before it even came out, and came to the educated decision before going to the theater on opening night that it was a really good movie and I was going to enjoy. And of course, I came out of the theater afterward incredibly happy.

There's something to be said for "choosing" to enjoy something. It's "suspension of disbelief" for your attitude. People sit down and enjoy a completely unrealistic action movie because they want to. In the same manner, you can sit down and enjoy an incoherent storyline if you want to. In this case here, you can sit down and enjoy a different level of visual display simply by choosing too.

If we all lived in the past, we wouldn't even have recording equipment to begin with. So arguements as to which/what style of recording (video/audio) are the best/refined/classic/correct/appealing are really moot. The fact is if the director feels it's the best way to produce his work then it's what you get to enjoy his work in, no questions asked.

I think it is a good move by Cameron to use his bigname clout to push theaters toward adopting high capactiy equipment.  You can still use 60fps to create anything from 1-59 fps.

Enjoy the movie :)

How does a man choose between fresh and fly?

COSPLAY LIKE A BOSS!

NotW Celebrity #11!

guest2859

QuoteCameron has also hinted that the heroes will venture to some of Polyphemus's other moons in the film. He also confirmed that Avatar 2 will explore the Na'vi culture more than Avatar.

On April 20, 2010 Cameron confirmed that Avatar 2 will explore the oceans of Pandora. He also confirmed that Avatar 2 will contain more volcanoes, when prompted by an interviewer.[5] Three days later, it was confirmed that Avatar 2 will take place several years after the events of the original film. [6]

Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite

this time I will be seeing it IN THEATERS, IN 3D.
(I am an abomination of an Avatar fan, not having seen the film until about 8-10 months after its theatrical release :()
old gallery link?id=2025[/img]

oel ayngati kameie, ma aysmukan sì aysmuke, Eywa ayngahu.
oeyä tsmukan, ma Nick, oeru ngaytxoa livu. nìmwey tsurokx. nga yawne lu oer.

Toruk Makto

Quote from: Neyn'ite Ateyo on February 28, 2011, 04:26:14 PM
(I am an abomination of an Avatar fan, not having seen the film until about 8-10 months after its theatrical release :()

Better late than never!

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Le'eylan

I didn't it was worth making a new thread, so.. sorry for necroposting ::)

http://twitter.com/JimCameron/statuses/51462789818105856 :
Sorry I've been away. I've been head-down writing Avatar 2 & 3 but had to leave Pandora for the real Pandora RT @KrissOnYT: TWEET SOMETHING!
Krro krro pamrel seri fìtsengmì, alu oey pìlok leNa'vi
Sometimes writing here, on my Na'vi blog
=^● ⋏ ●^=

archaic

Shall I save him the trouble, and just e-mail them to him? ;) ;D
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Eyawng te Klltepayu

Writers try to avoid looking at stuff like that to avoid future lawsuits. I used to post on the usenet group alt.fan.pratchett years ago and Pterry (as we called him) sometimes had to stop participating in the group for extended periods when speculative posts about future Discworld developments got dangerously close to something he was planning.
Please tell me if you see mistakes in a Na'vi post of mine. It's the only way I'll learn. :P

Kan oe trro fnivan lì'fyat leNa'vi frapoto a foru ke sunängu rel arusikx alu Uniltìrantokx.

archaic

That happens at pretty much all levels, even online comics.

An overactive imagination is a dangerous thing.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Ftiafpi

Awesome! Glad to hear that he's working on the scripts already.

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Quote from: Le'eylan on March 26, 2011, 09:27:04 AM
I didn't it was worth making a new thread, so.. sorry for necroposting ::)

http://twitter.com/JimCameron/statuses/51462789818105856 :
Sorry I've been away. I've been head-down writing Avatar 2 & 3 but had to leave Pandora for the real Pandora RT @KrissOnYT: TWEET SOMETHING!

Me too :)

Quote from: Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite on February 28, 2011, 04:26:14 PM

I'm in a similar boat, I didn't see it till March 23, 2010. Didn't find LN till April 27, 2010. You're not an abomination :)

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Human No More

It doesn't matter when - it matters how much you care :)
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Maria TunVrrtep

Heck, I didn't see it til it came out on DVD.  Then the re-release came out in theaters and I saw it in the theaters then.  
I joined here in September of 2010.  I was a late bloomer I guess.  
ta Mrrìa
"Ke'u ke lu law a krr frakem tsunslu." -
    Margaret Drabble
("When nothing is sure, everything is possible.")

Toruk Makto

Wow, quite the resurrection of this thread...   ;)

TanhìAtan

Have auditions for it been held already? :) 

Toruk Makto