Website-Related > News

Cirque du Soleil: TORUK - The First Flight

<< < (3/42) > >>

Plumps:
I’m not a fan of Cirque du Soleil but when they incorporate something like this to ther repertoire, I’m impressed :)

This is what I got

oe(l) … syena hapxì a rey.
“I … last part that/who live(s)”
tsaheyl si hu Eywa a krr, stawm oel aymokrit fizay(u)ä alìm.
“I hear the voices of the ancestors far away when I make the bond with Eywa.”
krra kxap larmu seri(?) hu … nìwotx.
“when the threat was … with … completely.”
ayngaru tsavurit.
“Here’s that story.”

--- Quote from: Eana Unil on April 28, 2015, 02:32:28 am ---I only understood fragments of it... Oe(l)... tsaheyl si... (sì eana?) hapxìri (hapxì a rey?)... a krr... tsam... mokrit ... lìm... nìwotx... ayngaru tsavurit...  :-\ Maybe kurakx... and tsam sounds more like tstam or stam, but those words don't exist ??? Maybe stamo (from sto)? Or most likely stawm mokrit... stawm oel aymokrit...
I tried to write it down while listening to it several times, but it's too fast for me ^^ And, at least for me, it's pronouned not clearly enough...
--- End quote ---
Even Paul sometimes pronounces stawm as *stam ;)
Me as well, but even if I slow it down with the player it’s hard to make out.

--- Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on April 28, 2015, 04:06:03 am ---Here is what I have gotten so far. This is very challenging stuff to decipher (at least for me):

Oe lu a nuä ayʼiʼa syena hapxì rey
Tsaheyl si hu Eywa krr
Stawm oel a mokrit fizayu wayl lim
Kurakx a (3 words) wä feʼ nìwotx
Ayngaru tsavuri (The final /i/ makes little sense)
--- End quote ---

Not only for you, ma Tim ;)
Actually it’s a very good example of the unreleased stop t in tsa-vur-it, literally “(I/we give/present/introduce) to-you-all that-story”, cf. the blog post before last Ayngaru tsìnga yora’tut “May I present the the four winners (to you)”

With the rest, even with context I don’t know what that could mean.

Sarah Noel:

--- Quote from: Stranger Come Knocking on April 28, 2015, 08:57:13 am ---I wonder if Karyu himself provided the opening or if someone actually learned (or attempted to learn) it or if they just scoured the dictionary to piece cool words together?  Personally, the first two seem most likely for such a prestigious group, but you never know.

--- End quote ---
It's still in between movie productions, Cirque du Soleil is a big official company, and they're using the official Avatar brand name, not doing an something loosely based off it. I would not be surprised at all if Pawl had personal involvement. He doesn't have too much else on his plate right now.

Tirea Aean:

--- Quote from: Stranger Come Knocking on April 28, 2015, 08:57:13 am ---I wonder if Karyu himself provided the opening or if someone actually learned (or attempted to learn) it or if they just scoured the dictionary to piece cool words together?  Personally, the first two seem most likely for such a prestigious group, but you never know.

--- End quote ---

I have a decently strong belief that he was involved. ;)

--

--- Quote from: Sarah Noel on April 27, 2015, 11:49:59 pm ---Has anyone transcribed/translated their youtube trailer yet? From my limited knowledge the Na'vi sounded pretty legitimate.

--- End quote ---

Neytiri and I both have individually. We reached a consensus and think we know it all with ~98% accuracy. Any other full attempts before I post what I got? :D

Indeed it sounded pretty legit but had a few interesting vowels and issues with consonant clusters (insert schwa thingies between consonants in clusters [not supposed to do that in Na'vi]). The section between 0:11 - 0:14 was the biggest problem area for every person. Ney and I believe this hard-to-decipher section is due to some kind of voice actor jitters or a case of a quick "forgot the line then immediately in real time remembered the rest of the line from that point".

edits.

Toruk Makto:
Well, nothing is ever going to be perfect. And I think folks can be assured that Pawl is in the loop on stuff.   ;) :D

-M.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä:
Very likely. The use of the uncommonly used word pizayu shows that the person who wrote this was not a beginner.

I wonder who the voice talent was? the two most likely voices would be K. Pawl or Prrton, and it is neither of them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version