Cirque du Soleil: TORUK - The First Flight

Started by Toruk Makto, April 27, 2015, 06:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ertew

Few news from behind the scene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ksr6dAjAt4 – makeup and something about acrobatics.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mQiqhY-v8I – technical details about wolfs.
https://ripplenews.com/watch/los-angeles/cirque-du-soleil-brings-avatar-to-life-in-new-show-1jdqjkue - more technical details ie. helmet with hairs and ears are made individually for each actor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4efk8yJXaA – and more technical details - each actor wear sensors so computer know where light should be directed.
Any errors in spelling, tact or fact are transmission errors.

Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.

CyanRachel

Irayo, Ertew, for posting these short videos! I love all the behind-the-scenes stuff -- it's SO impressive!  :D
Your love shines the way into paradise.
Avatar Ten Year Anniversary (Dec 18, 2009 - Dec 18, 2019)

Toliman

(o.o ... I didn't noticed it .. )

This all is really very impressive  :) :)

Eana Unil

So, Toruk - The first flight has been aired yesterday on german/french TV station "arte". Not long until the DVD release, I hope? Anyway, if you want to check it out (if you can), here's the link: http://www.arte.tv/guide/de/070961-000-A/cirque-du-soleil-toruk-der-erste-flug

I also made a .srt subtitles file for this exact video linked above, since not everyone will be able to understand German or French, but yeah... Dunno, thought I'd share it here. ^^

I only wish they would've kept the original audio... :/

Blue Elf

Quote from: Eana Unil on December 27, 2016, 06:53:39 PM
So, Toruk - The first flight has been aired yesterday on german/french TV station "arte". Not long until the DVD release, I hope? Anyway, if you want to check it out (if you can), here's the link: http://www.arte.tv/guide/de/070961-000-A/cirque-du-soleil-toruk-der-erste-flug

I also made a .srt subtitles file for this exact video linked above, since not everyone will be able to understand German or French, but yeah... Dunno, thought I'd share it here. ^^

I only wish they would've kept the original audio... :/
dieses video ist in Ihrem Land nicht verfügbar.
Oh hell, how I like these stupid regulations. Don't say me that Europe is integrated...
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Vawmataw

Not sure if it works on the French website...
Either you use a proxy or vpn or you do the illegal thing at your risk.
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Blue Elf on December 28, 2016, 04:09:23 AM[...]
dieses video ist in Ihrem Land nicht verfügbar.
Oh hell, how I like these stupid regulations. Don't say me that Europe is integrated...
Well, Arte.tv perhaps could only get lincences for the German and French TV. I am somehow sure that if they would have a licence to distribute it also for english speaking people, it would appear also in their english websites.

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Ertew

I'm in Poland and I can freely view Toruk from Arte de and Arte fr...
Well, a week ago I can view that without problems. Today both sources doesn't work. But MediathekDirekt still work and there are (probably illegal) copy on YT.

btw, still searching for copy in HD quality. Anyone have record?

Eana Unil

Quote from: Ertew on January 09, 2017, 11:52:10 AM
I'm in Poland and I can freely view Toruk from Arte de and Arte fr...
Well, a week ago I can view that without problems. Today both sources doesn't work. But MediathekDirekt still work and there are (probably illegal) copy on YT.

btw, still searching for copy in HD quality. Anyone have record?
I'm gonna send you a PM :)

Toruk Makto

Folks, just a reminder that if the material under discussion is copyrighted, conversations regarding unauthorized distribution are prohibited on LearnNavi resources. We take intellectual property and copyright very serioously here.

Cheers!

Markì

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

BlueHusky2154

Does anyone know if/when a DVD (or Bluray) release will happen? Because sadly, I cannot make it to any shows. I'm too far away from the nearest show.
Avatar, Furry, Amateur Astronomy, IT, PC gaming, Minecraft, Fortnite, music.
My life summarized.
:ikran: 8)

Tirea Aean

Quote from: TEAgaming2154 on January 13, 2017, 09:46:47 AM
Does anyone know if/when a DVD (or Bluray) release will happen? Because sadly, I cannot make it to any shows. I'm too far away from the nearest show.

According to the lead actor who plays Ralu, "It is in our gift stores already. But I don't know about ordering it from a distance"

EDIT: Something tells me it will become much more available for online purchase once the show is done touring this year.

BlueHusky2154

Quote from: Tirea Aean on January 13, 2017, 03:07:47 PM
Quote from: TEAgaming2154 on January 13, 2017, 09:46:47 AM

According to the lead actor who plays Ralu, "It is in our gift stores already. But I don't know about ordering it from a distance"

EDIT: Something tells me it will become much more available for online purchase once the show is done touring this year.
If I get it, I'll be ordering it online.
My life summarized.

Lynxcat

I understand your struggle. There was so much merchandise but I barely had any money!  :'( I could only get a na'vi jacket. I too hope that  they put their merch online.
Uniltirantokx fmawn! :) :ikran: http://avatarsequels.com/

Vawmataw

I have to agree. When I left from the show, I saw the prices on the merchandises and it was really expensive.

BlueHusky2154

Quote from: Vawmataw on January 13, 2017, 07:25:41 PM
I have to agree. When I left from the show, I saw the prices on the merchandises and it was really expensive.
Unfortunately I cannot afford to go, but that doesn't mean I can't afford merchandise. ;)
I may not be able to afford $1000+ trips, but I sure can afford the occasional nerd splurge...
My life summarized.

Ertew

Quote from: Toruk Makto on January 09, 2017, 04:14:23 PM
Folks, just a reminder that if the material under discussion is copyrighted, conversations regarding unauthorized distribution are prohibited on LearnNavi resources. We take intellectual property and copyright very serioously here.

Cheers!

Markì
So, do You want a copy from me? Just PM me  ;)

Back to reality. I know that different countries have different law. I will try to not spread illegal files in my posts. And lesson learned: links to YouTube are legal in Poland but may be illegal in Usa.

Eana Unil, thanks for information about resolution. I have a copy from Arte (made when it's available online) and searching for fullHD version. But as I see, 1280x720 is all we have now. The same quality was available from Arte website and from DVB-T.

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Ertew on March 18, 2017, 02:59:36 PM
And lesson learned: links to YouTube are legal in Poland but may be illegal in Usa.
This forum operates under US laws. ;)

The thing with links to youtube is, that the person who upload the material does it illegal because a regular user on YouTube usually does not own a license or permission to distribute it, hence it's illegal also in Poland.

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Tirea Aean

Just buy the dang disc when it comes out. The show and all the work everyone put into it is well over worth more than every penny spent.

Again, talking about sending or receiving downloaded copies of stuff that the owners producing it charges money for so that people could have it for free is just one of those things we don't  do here on LN. :)

via LG-K550 (Tapatalk)

Vawmataw

Quote from: Tirea Aean on March 18, 2017, 03:41:12 PM
Just buy the dang disc when it comes out. The show and all the work everyone put into it is well over worth more than every penny spent.
10000000x this

The worst thing that can happen is that you never get to see Toruk. Is it sad? Disappointing? Yes. Will it make your life miserable? No.
I guess it's not what you want to read, but I don't think being driven by desire and wanting is better.