Cirque du Soleil: TORUK - The First Flight

Started by Toruk Makto, April 27, 2015, 06:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wllìm

Whoo, nice :D :D

My attempt without reading the earlier messages:

After reading Plumps' transcription, I'm quite sure that instead of my fantasy word *sì'en, on the first line syena is indeed correct :) But then still, what is the verb in that sentence? I can't understand that *anurayä part at all... :-\

Neytiri te Tskaha Mo'at'ite

Spaw oel futa plltxe pol faylì'ut:

Tìng nari: http://james-camerons-avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Rai'uk

Edit: srefey –> sìreyur feyä
Editedit: sìreyur feyä –> sìreywä feyä

:D
Ke tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Plumps

Quote from: Neytiri te Tskaha Mo'at'ite on April 29, 2015, 08:51:38 AM
Spaw oel futa plltxe pol faylì'ut:

Fkan oer ralnga' ;)
Stxo a uvanta ke smon oer. Txantsan nìwotx! Irayo nìtxan ma tsmuke :)

Wllìm

Wou! Rai'ukìri, rolun nìltsan! :D +1 :D

Ngian fìlì'uri alu srefey, mi lu oeru am'a... Tsunslu fwa kxeyey sami po nìyey, omum oe. Slä aylì'umì alahe ke lu kea keyey apxa...

Alan

Found a Jon Landau video where he talks about Avatar and mentions the Cirque du Soleil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWj2n7-SPe8&feature=player_detailpage#t=246

James Horner was interviewed to and makes some interesting comment too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvwRnUvwfPo&feature=player_detailpage#t=258

Alan

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Wllìm on April 29, 2015, 11:37:42 AM
Wou! Rai'ukìri, rolun nìltsan! :D +1 :D

Ngian fìlì'uri alu srefey, mi lu oeru am'a... Tsunslu fwa kxeyey sami po nìyey, omum oe. Slä aylì'umì alahe ke lu kea keyey apxa...

Indeed! Neytiri is most impressive with her cultural knowledge as well as knowledge of the language. She immediately identified the speaker as Rai'uk, the last living survivor of the Anurai Clan. (because of the Wii game) And yes, they *sreferey is actually sìreyur feyä (I'm late to the game, but looks like she edited her post to reflect this). It makes a lot more sense and fits perfectly with the now-given English Subtitles of the Trailer video on YouTube. :)

Wind12

This is soooo cool!!!!!!!!!!

Oel so'ha Rai'ukyä vurit!!!!! :D :D :D

Blue Elf

Not looking at what others deciphered, here's what I got:

Oe lu Anuraiyä syena hapxì a rey.
Tsaheyl si hu Eywa akrr, stawm oel mokrit fizayuä alìm
krra kxap larmu sereiuefì nìwotx.
Ayngaru tsavurit.

I'm last of Anurai who is alive.
When I connect with Eywa, I hear voice of distant ancestors
when threat has been ???? completely.
Let me show that story....

Except red part everything is clear, I think.
Now going to see what TA and Ney says....

Edit: seems I was close... but late.
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

CyanRachel

Irayo nìtxan for all the work in translating the narration in that video!  :)

I'm really looking forward to seeing this new Cirque show, as I think Avatar and Cirque du Soleil will make for a great combo! Over the yrs I've seen 2 Cirque shows (both in Vegas) and I liked them both. I also like that this new show will be a "prequel" of sorts to Avatar. And maybe we can have clan meetups (mini-meets?) at some of the performances in the different cities....  :D
Your love shines the way into paradise.
Avatar Ten Year Anniversary (Dec 18, 2009 - Dec 18, 2019)

Plumps

Tse'a oel futa tsmukel alu Neytiri leykolatem pamrelit tìralpengitsì nì'it.

Kop, Karyu Pawlìl tìmìng awngar hì'ia srungtsyìpit mì fìlok sneyä ;)

Eana Unil

Ha po poltxe san sìreywä sìk, kefyak?  ??? ... krra kxap larmu sìreywä (feyä?) nìwotx...

Blue Elf

Quote from: Eana Unil on May 03, 2015, 06:58:30 AM
Ha po poltxe san sìreywä sìk, kefyak?  ??? ... krra kxap larmu sìreywä (feyä?) nìwotx...

nìngay lam oer fwa plltxe po san krra kxap larmu sìreywä nìwotx sìk
.... when there was threat against all (their) lifes. Quite interesting construction, but let's wait for final solution from Paul. Newomum oe.

Eana Unil

Mllte oe ngahu, talun lam oer nìteng fwa poltxe tsaylì'ut pol... but it still kinda sounds like "sìreywä fe nìwotx" to me, krra tìng mikyun nìno...  ???

Tirea Aean

sìreyur feyä nìwotx, anyone? Hm. Wä must be somewhere. Well, I knew I wasn't 100% right.

Neytiri te Tskaha Mo'at'ite

Ke tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Blue Elf

Reference to Naviteri blogpost about this theme with full explanation for the curious ones.

CyanRachel

I discovered this recently...if you go to the main Cirque Toruk page (www.cirquedusoleil.com/toruk) and scroll down a little to where it says "Enter Pandora", it's like a cool scavenger hunt type thing where you scroll/pan through all these different and beautiful Pandoran landscapes and find hidden objects pertaining to 5 Na'vi clans (including the Omaticaya) and learn about those clans as you go along. The 4 other clans are all new to me so it was interesting to learn about them, and I bet they will probably be featured somehow in the Cirque show itself. There's also a contest/sweepstakes you can enter to win a "Behind the Scenes" experience at a Cirque Toruk show (so of course I entered it).

And...scroll further down on the main Toruk page to where it says "Inside the Creators' Studios" to watch videos with the show creators and the puppet designer. You'll also be able to see concept art/drawings of some of the animal/creature puppets that'll appear in the show -- very cool!  :D
Your love shines the way into paradise.
Avatar Ten Year Anniversary (Dec 18, 2009 - Dec 18, 2019)

Toruk Makto

It chaps me that they are still using the ASG spelling instead of Omatikaya. There's no C in Na'vi!

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

AceOfFours

Someone should probably let them know that they have "tweng" instead of "tewng" in their loincloth entry, hrh  ;D
Holmey vIHaDtaH

Plumps

Quote from: Toruk Makto on May 20, 2015, 10:05:52 PM
It chaps me that they are still using the ASG spelling instead of Omatikaya. There's no C in Na'vi!

I always thought that it was the difference between Na'vi (with a k) and English transcription (with a c) :-\ Hm, weird how my brain sometimes tries to make sense of things without any proof ;D