Forum software update

Started by Toruk Makto, August 28, 2015, 10:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Elf

Quote from: Tìtstewan on September 03, 2015, 01:33:58 PM
Well, about the "Core" theme... I though a lot about it and the different template.php files that it uses to generate the "old-styled" version requires to much changes. Some modifications does not support the Core theme, because the the majority of the mod authors prefered to create their stuff on the SMF standard theme. Also, I have written some mods to have stuff that arent available for this forum version and it is a pain in the txìm to fit the code on two diffently generated themes. Thus, I used the standard theme rather than the Core theme.
For that reason, I have created the "Navi" theme to have a theme that base on the standard theme, but still look close to the old one. But, if there are enough members, who really want the Core theme, please let me know, and I will try my best to set it up on this forum.
Well, I think I explained bad what I wanted..... Navi theme is perfectly for me, Core is not needed anymore. What I really want is to have Navi theme as default - so anonymous people see forum in this theme.

Ma Blue Elf, please report errors here in this thread or PM them to me.
New smileys do not work (they even aren't visible in WYSIWYG editor and don't have icons in toolbars)
:ikran:  :nantang:  :toruk:  :palulukan:

In Profile - Look and layout, "Choose Quick Reply Type" settings is not preserved after Save (combo still says: Choose an option)

If you look into someone's profile, you don't see his country flag.

All these are just very minor problems, I can live with them. But if you could do something to fix it  (and it doesn't consume too much time), it would be good to repair them.
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Tirea Aean

Why not log in on private tab to see that theme?

A few people trying to lurk on LN while at work isn't a perfect reason to change the default theme back to Navi. The main reason for changing it to Txon was that people wouldn't know about such amazing new Pandora-inspired themes without looking at the change themes page, which nobody does. :-\

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Blue Elf on September 03, 2015, 01:49:10 PM
New smileys do not work (they even aren't visible in WYSIWYG editor and don't have icons in toolbars)
:ikran: :nantang: :toruk: :palulukan:
Interesting, they work for me. Screenshot?

In Profile - Look and layout, "Choose Quick Reply Type" settings is not preserved after Save (combo still says: Choose an option)
It will be saved even if it shows that to you.

If you look into someone's profile, you don't see his country flag.
That's not a bug, because the modification did not add any code to the profile.template.php. Flags are still shown in posts.

EDIT:
Quote from: Tirea Aean on September 03, 2015, 01:51:26 PM
A few people trying to lurk on LN while at work isn't a perfect reason to change the default theme back to Navi. The main reason for changing it to Txon was that people wouldn't know about such amazing new Pandora-inspired themes without looking at the change themes page, which nobody does. :-\
But by this logic, the people wouldn't know about the Trr theme? :-\

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Blue Elf

Quote from: Tìtstewan on September 03, 2015, 02:00:51 PM
:ikran: :nantang: :toruk: :palulukan:
Interesting, they work for me. Screenshot?

See attachment. IMHO it has relation with selected smiley set - I'm using Na'vi braided, but:
http://forum.learnnavi.org/Smileys/navi-hair/ikran.gif -> 404 not Found

Tìtstewan

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-

Blue Elf

Me too. It probably works only with Na'vi animated smiley set.....

Tìtstewan

They was missing in that smiley set you are using. That should be fixed now.

Blue Elf

Quote from: Tìtstewan on September 03, 2015, 02:18:31 PM
They was missing in that smiley set you are using. That should be fixed now.
Now it works (irayo), but in default smiley set it didn't work too. Check all sets, please.

Tìtstewan

HRH, the default smiley folder uses total standard (non-Na'vi) smileys... ok, I'm going to add them there too.

EDIT: Done :)

Toruk Makto

Although I understand why some are wanting the forum default to be set back to the Navi theme, I am going to leave it at Txon for reasons involving future activities in the broader Avatar world.  Patience and understanding is appreciated!  -Markì

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Toruk Makto

Quote from: Tìtstewan on September 03, 2015, 02:38:47 PM
HRH, the default smiley folder uses total standard (non-Na'vi) smileys... ok, I'm going to add them there too.

EDIT: Done :)

You're a total machine, dude.  Awesome.

IRAYO!

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Tìtstewan

About the thing with MS Edge browser:
Quote from: Tìtstewan on September 03, 2015, 09:41:58 AM
If anyone who is using the Microsoft's new browser "Edge" and wonders why clicking on smileys/BB codes have no effect, it's definely MS fault by not following standards by the W3 committees...
I just added a little fix in the editor.js:
if (document.styleSheets['editor_css'] || document.styleSheets['editor_ie_css'])
{
var oMyStyle = this.oFrameDocument.createElement('style');
this.oFrameDocument.documentElement.firstChild.appendChild(oMyStyle);
// oMyStyle.styleSheet.cssText = document.styleSheets['editor_ie_css'] ? document.styleSheets['editor_ie_css'].cssText : document.styleSheets['editor_css'].cssText;
// above the original code, below the code to let BBC and stuff working for MS Edge
// NOTE: this is just an emergency fix!
if (oMyStyle.styleSheet)
oMyStyle.styleSheet.cssText = document.styleSheets['editor_ie_css'] ? document.styleSheets['editor_ie_css'].cssText : document.styleSheets['editor_css'].cssText;
else
oMyStyle.sheet.cssText = document.styleSheets['editor_ie_css'] ? document.styleSheets['editor_ie_css'].cssText : document.styleSheets['editor_css'].cssText;
}

Solution from: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=540133.msg3840255#msg3840255

Note that this is not a final fix.

Blue Elf

Question related to smileys:
in one thread I found this:
QuoteOeru sunu fwa ayngaru lu fpom. :nsmile: :nsmile:
Is that red part some new smiley which doesn't work? I tried to switch from Na'vi braided set to Forum default, but nothing changed...

Tìtstewan

Nope, there is no new smileys. New smileys would appear in the editor, usually. :)

Where did you find it, btw?
EDIT: Ah I found it, the poster maybe wrote a smiley code that is used on another forum. :)

Vawmataw

Quote from: Tìtstewan on October 30, 2015, 02:09:27 PM
EDIT: Ah I found it, the poster maybe wrote a smiley code that is used on another forum. :)
Yes, Avatar Forums. :)
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu