Glee!

Started by Payoang, October 12, 2010, 10:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txepä Tsyal

Quote from: Markì on October 14, 2010, 08:56:28 PM
Hey Payoang, drop Fox an email to have them mention us in an episode. I actually think we could handle the load now.
*shivers in excitement* Let's do it! :D
New personal modo:

NaviFreedomFighter

Quote from: Dracus_Pyrus13 on October 14, 2010, 10:42:40 PM
Hey Payoang, drop Fox an email to have them mention us in an episode. I actually think we could handle the load now.
*shivers in excitement* Let's do it! :D
I agree!!!
Oel Ngati Kame (I See You) Its not just i'm seeing you in front of me its I see into your soul and understand you
My Na'vi Name is Ka'apeha
Tokx tsa'u uniltìranyu Slä my Ronsem si tirea na'vi
(I have the body of a dreamwalker, but my mind and spirit are Na'vi)

Away from November 3-15th (Final exams)

akiwiguy

YES! Speaking of load, be thankful we haven't been Slashdotted. :)

NaviFreedomFighter

Quote from: Eltu lefngap 'eveng on October 20, 2010, 01:22:20 AM
slashdotted?
Oel Ngati Kame (I See You) Its not just i'm seeing you in front of me its I see into your soul and understand you

Seze

Quote from: NaviFreedomFighter on October 21, 2010, 12:10:50 AM
Quote from: Eltu lefngap 'eveng on October 20, 2010, 01:22:20 AM
slashdotted?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slashdot_effect

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

the need to get the guys in the big bang theory to do Na'vi boggle.  you know how they already do klingon boggle? well, they should do it Nìna'vi. XD
Also a member of the podcast known as Avatar Nation.  Come listen to our stuff! like us on facebook and chech out our blog at Avatar-Nation.net.

Seze

Quote from: Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan) on October 21, 2010, 01:18:50 AM
the need to get the guys in the big bang theory to do Na'vi boggle.  you know how they already do klingon boggle? well, they should do it Nìna'vi. XD

I like that idea.  Sounds like a potential feyspuk game...  8)

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Tsufätu Ayioangä

haha that's so nerdy :D

However, that is so something I would do, and if someone said that to me I would melt hrh

Edit: You know what i want to see?  I want to see an episode of BONES, since they already made a huge deal about the release of AVATAR, for Joel to make some random comment in na'vi.  Then they can just pass it off as him being a nerd <3

NaviFreedomFighter

Quote from: Aykerusey mì Terìran on November 03, 2010, 11:10:27 PM
haha that's so nerdy :D

However, that is so something I would do, and if someone said that to me I would melt hrh

Edit: You know what i want to see?  I want to see an episode of BONES, since they already made a huge deal about the release of AVATAR, for Joel to make some random comment in na'vi.  Then they can just pass it off as him being a nerd <3
irayo true

Maweya tswonyu

Anywhere I can see this outside of the 'States?
"You are like a baby, making noise, don't know what to do" - Neytiri Te Tskaha Mo'at'ite

"All energy is borrowed, and one day you have to give it back."

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Maweya tswonyu on November 14, 2010, 10:48:10 AM

Maybe hulu.

"Duets" expires in one day there though.
私は太った男だ。

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Txur'Itan on November 15, 2010, 12:42:35 PM
Quote from: Maweya tswonyu on November 14, 2010, 10:48:10 AM

Maybe hulu.

"Duets" expires in one day there though.
Hulu is generally not available outside the states. I'm not sure were you could find it legally. Maybe YouTube?

Plumps

And Sam did it again ... in Glee's "Comeback" (2#13)
This time oel ngati kameie ... didn't understand whether the thing before was something else...

Le'eylan

Quote from: Plumps on February 23, 2011, 04:21:26 PM
And Sam did it again ... in Glee's "Comeback" (2#13)
This time oel ngati kameie ... didn't understand whether the thing before was something else...

LINK? :D
Krro krro pamrel seri fìtsengmì, alu oey pìlok leNa'vi
Sometimes writing here, on my Na'vi blog
=^● ⋏ ●^=

Plumps

Sorry... this is the only one I could find... Maybe one of our American friends can provide something in better quality (careful: Spoiler!)

Prrton

Quote from: Plumps on February 23, 2011, 04:35:59 PM
Sorry... this is the only one I could find... Maybe one of our American friends can provide something in better quality (careful: Spoiler!)

This quality is fine!

Right before he say "no harm, no foul". It's from basketball. It means (in my interpretation in this context) that his feelings are very hurt, but he's going to treat it like it's not technically worth getting upset about.

There was also some written reference to an "Avatar Club" or something similar in that episode. FOX is clearly milking their "network". ;-)

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Prrton on February 23, 2011, 04:54:30 PM
This quality is fine!
Mllte. Definitely watchable :)

Quote from: Prrton on February 23, 2011, 04:54:30 PM
FOX is clearly milking their "network". ;-)
Certainly are. :D They love to mention it in their shows.
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Tsufätu Ayioangä

I've recently become a gleek and I plan on watching them all through netflix so I'll see if I can find any other references.

Ftiafpi

Hmmm, his pronunciation of "lor(a) menari" was much better, or maybe it was just the quality. Either way, it took me 3 listens before I heard "oel ngati kame" as the "oel" and "ngati" were a little crushed together. In any case, WOU!!!!!!!!! I don't watch Glee but this is just hilariously fantastic.

But, still, his pronunciation was definitely well researched and practiced as he pronounced it "wel ngahtii kame" not "oh-el natii kame" as I would expect someone without a background in Na'vi to pronounce it. Either someone's doing their research or the actor who plays Sam is hiding out here somewhere. ;)

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Ftiafpi on February 23, 2011, 06:22:01 PM
/snip

...the actor who plays Sam is hiding out here somewhere. ;)

I think someone from the show is wandering these boards.  Many of the writers have geek/nerd Fandom connections to other works, such as video games and popular sci-fi shows.  On the trail of connections I thought I might know, one writer in particular has me more than curious about the possibility of what inspired this inclusion. I think it might have been Ian Brennan reading some particular Facebook posts during the Public GMA announcements that brought it up in passing in the writing meetings.  This is a very thin lead, but I have various reasons to think this is a good possibility.

It would only be speculation if it is him specifically, and we would merely have a mutual acquaintance at best, as we have never met each other...

One day someone is going to place the details into the DVD commentary, and all speculation is out the window except for what leads to the decision mentioned.
私は太った男だ。