Learn Na'vi in the App Store

Started by Seze, October 14, 2010, 02:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seze

The issue is all related to Android and not the phone HW itself.  Some carriers are imposing restrictions that disable the abilities to change certain settings, one of those being the installation of 3rd party apps.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/01/atandt-explains-basically-ignores-criticism-for-locking-down-andr/

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Tsmuktengan

So reflashing the phone with the original ROM, untouched by AT&T should solve this issue. This is at least possible for HTC, whose official ROMs are available online.

Just one stupid question : why cannot this application be available on the Market? It would be much more accessible to more people and avoid this kind of issue. If necessary, I would even take the "Donation" version.

Seze

Quote from: Tsmuktengan on January 29, 2011, 07:58:11 PM
Just one stupid question : why cannot this application be available on the Market? It would be much more accessible to more people and avoid this kind of issue. If necessary, I would even take the "Donation" version.

The plan was to put the App in the marketplace once it was at the same feature level as the iPhone version.  Omängum Fra'uti has been the one developing the Android version and he seems to be really busy lately...

Tsmuktengan

Honestly, he can place the application in the Android Market, and then update it online (this will present an update notifyer to the users) when he adds functionalities. I do not care about the comparison of functionalities with the iPhone honestly. I think the most important is to make it available easily to as many people as possible. The comparison and perfection with the iPhone app is not that important as the Android version is already of a very good quality.

NB : Be careful of the confusion of the terms, this can lead to misunderstanding with the various mobile OS : ;)
App Store = iOS
(Android) Market = Android
Marketplace = Windows Phone

My two cents.  ;)

Seze

I checked the download statistics today for the app and as of today, the app has been downloaded 4122 times.  I'm really surprised that it's been downloaded that much...

SezeSreu

I should be getting my iphone soon,so I can get the app ;)
Eywa ngahu

akiwiguy

Quote from: Pat Daley on March 31, 2011, 10:13:02 PM
Please help me with this simple App.  I have downloaded it, and redownloaded it several times, and all it will do is translate English to Na'vi, no matter how many times I remind it that I want Na'vi to English. Patience is one of my few virtues, but I need some help, here. Irayo. Pxan'tute ( Pat Daley )

Try hitting the button in the top right corner (I think it might look like a refresh button). That should make it go Na'vi -> English.

Eanikran

Quote from: Eltu lefngap 'eveng on April 11, 2011, 05:26:22 AM
Quote from: Pat Daley on March 31, 2011, 10:13:02 PM
Please help me with this simple App.  I have downloaded it, and redownloaded it several times, and all it will do is translate English to Na'vi, no matter how many times I remind it that I want Na'vi to English. Patience is one of my few virtues, but I need some help, here. Irayo. Pxan'tute ( Pat Daley )

Try hitting the button in the top right corner (I think it might look like a refresh button). That should make it go Na'vi -> English.
You can also set it to Na'vi-English by default from the settings app.

Oskiator

Hi Seze !
At first, thank you for the App, you have made a good job.

But have you planed to make translations in other languages ? I ask you that because I come from switzerland and I don't know each words, so I would be happy if you work on a french version. If you make this, I will be glad to help you  ;)
Sorry for my english, it is not very good.

Tirea Aean

Yeah, Seze, Afaik, you use Eana Eltu. which should be able to handle other languages(Deutsch, Eesti, English, Magyar, Nederlands, português do Brasil, Svenska)

One thing that confuses me is, there is no French translation of Eana Eltu database, but yet the French are having a decent time learning the language. they must have their own dictionary outside LearnNavi.org (like the italians do)

Seze

Sran, the App uses the EanaEltu database.  The biggest hurdle is translating the rest of the app, and on top of that, figuring out how localizations work in iOS.  I really want to continue working on this App, but I've been so extremely busy with work that I really haven't had much time to work on it at all.  Hopefully things will slow down at work and I can get back into working on this, until then don't expect much anytime soon....

Tirea Aean

That's okay, your day job is certainly more important.

Txantslusam Skxawng

Seems like I need to buy a new phone to get this app, maybe a HTC Legend. I still got an old phone, its one the first phone with a touchscreen.
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Eanikran

Quick question, will the app be updated for the HD screens on new ipods/phones? I notice on my new ipod the icon is a little fuzzy and some of the non-OS buttons and such, it doesnt effect functionality, just a little thing I noticed :p

Seze

Quote from: Eanikran te Txuronyu Ateyo'itan on June 27, 2011, 06:55:06 PM
Quick question, will the app be updated for the HD screens on new ipods/phones? I notice on my new ipod the icon is a little fuzzy and some of the non-OS buttons and such, it doesnt effect functionality, just a little thing I noticed :p

It should already support the higher res screens.  I remember adding in all the graphics for that...  :-\

Eanikran

I think it could be just my ipod glitching, most of the icons that are fuzzy look fine in the store but not on my homescreen. oh well :-\

edit- screenshots

see how it's fine in the appstore? when I go to redownload it, while its loading it looks like it does in the store but when its done it turns fuzzy. :-\

Vawm tsamsiyu

It does that to me too, on my iPhone 4 it's icon is hd in the store but not on my homescreen
they killed the [you] tag

Lucas_Z

Wow, cool tool, I will try this, for learning some vocabulary!
Oel ngati kameie ma tsmukan si tsmuke.

Vawm tsamsiyu

If it helps I tried reinsting it and it's hd in the app store and while loading but as soon as it's done loading the resolution drops back down so maybe that one didn't get changed for some reason  ??? :-\
they killed the [you] tag

evipaige

I love the app its really helpful and easy. Thank you a ton.
Oe tiyawn app tsawl srung ulte fute. irayo txan  ;D