Learn Na'vi in the App Store

Started by Seze, October 14, 2010, 02:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Tirea Aean on June 02, 2013, 07:27:29 PM
Quote from: Ftiafpi on June 02, 2013, 05:57:41 PM
Quote from: Tirea Aean on May 30, 2013, 04:48:10 PM
Palulukan Maktoyu Ta'lengean and I have been working on the LearnNa'vi Android App extensively in the past couple weeks. It is undergoing a huge graphics quality/compatibility overhaul. After that is all done, I will certainly consider going international on the Android version. It shouldn't be too hard. All this would involve is make sure the .sqlite database includes all that international data, and then bake in a nice way to choose language and pull all the words from the chosen language. (basically, another dropdown selector on the dictionary page, OR a setting in Preferences. I'll leave that bit up to discussion when it's being implemented)

So.. Out of curiosity.. ma Seze, Where can I find the source / generator for the .sqlite binary?

I'm really excited for this. Do we have any sort of e.t.a on when we can get this?

ETA on international friedly version? Or ETA on current multi-device supported epic graphics version? I'd say no longer than a month or so for the latter, in the Google Play Store as 1.0

Multi-device supported epic graphics version is the one I'm most excited about but both are definitely exciting.

Seze

Quote from: Tirea Aean on May 30, 2013, 04:48:10 PM
So.. Out of curiosity.. ma Seze, Where can I find the source / generator for the .sqlite binary?

I don't think I have that code published anywhere, but I believe you should have access to where its stored at on my server.  The main script that gets fired off from cron is /var/www/learnnaviapp.com/database/database_update.php   Its probably not the easiest script to follow, but what it does is download the .sql database dump from EanaEltu, and imports it into a MySQL database on that server, then performs some logic over it to determine whats changed from the past version, and then stores all of that data, along with the potentially transformed dictionary data in a separate MySQL database.  Once everything is ready to go in that database, all of the data is then dumped to CSV files which are then used to create the SQLite database.

That is the high level overview of the process.  If you have any questions about it let me know.  

I am planning on migrating all of that from Palulukan to one of my other servers at some point, possibly sooner if you're wanting to dig into the code and make changes to any of the scripts.  Once I get it migrated over, I can do some fancy stuff like snapshots and cloning, so I could create a clone of the VM, and you could do any development work in that, and then once you're done, I can promote the changes to the dev clone to the prod instance.

EDIT:
I went ahead and got most of the work done on migrating the dictionary updating process over to a SmartOS Zone (couldn't sleep).  It needs some basic testing to make sure its working properly, but other than that, its pretty much ready to go.  Tirea: Send me your SSH Public Key and I'll set you up with access to the new host.

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Meuiama Tsamsiyu (Toruk Makto)

Does this APP have a download for NON-Commie companies like Apple? Preferable Verizon Motorola DROID phones?

"He who destroys a good book kills reason itself." -John Milton

"Mathematics is the gate and key to the sciences." -Roger Bacon

"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance." -Socrates

Taronyu Leleioae

Quote from: Meuiama Tsamsiyu (Toruk Makto) on September 15, 2013, 10:15:14 PM
Does this APP have a download for NON-Commie companies like Apple? Preferable Verizon Motorola DROID phones?

You need the DROID version which is in the other thread.  But here's the direct link to the files...

http://na.learnnavi.org/?page_id=51

This lets you download the newer 0.7.1 version as the barcode links you to 0.7.0

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Taronyu Leleioae on September 15, 2013, 10:22:08 PM
Quote from: Meuiama Tsamsiyu (Toruk Makto) on September 15, 2013, 10:15:14 PM

You need the DROID version which is in the other thread.  But here's the direct link to the files...

http://na.learnnavi.org/?page_id=51

This lets you download the newer 0.7.1 version as the barcode links you to 0.7.0

Is that the most recent version Palu and I are working on? Or the version before we did any work?

Toruk Makto

I have had 0.7.1 on my phone for almost a year, I think.

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Taronyu Leleioae

0.7.1 is the existing (previous) one.  Not the version you have under development...

Tirea Aean

hmm. I think we need to finish up this app. It's been centuries and it's still not in Google Play.

What's next on the backburner is... Audio Examples support.

Taronu Ewan

Hey Guys!
What gives, I have updated the app as of a few days ago (the 15th of February 2014), and it now refuses to operate at all!!
You click on "Dictionary" and nothing happens, the whole app is frozen (does not work).
My phone is a: iPhone 4S with the new OS7 operating system installed, and up until this day, the app worked impeccably (without fault).
I removed the app from the phone, and then re-installed it to hopefully fix the bug bear, but to no avail!! Can you fix it please, as I cannot learn my new translations without it.

Very unhappy chappy >:(
May Eywa find our souls, and take us home to Pandora

Taronyu Leleioae

I sent a nudge to Palulukan Maktoyu asking him if he was also working on the IOS version and your question.
(FYI that Tirea Aean has stepped away from LN and all projects so he's not active at this time.)

For sake of asking in the meantime, was there an IOS update at or prior to the crash?
(Not having an iPhone, are updates to the IOS automatic or do you have to approve the download and install?)

As an alternative and less desirable in your case as you probably want portability, there's the online web version dict navi dictionary.

Palulukan Maktoyu

I don't work on the ios one, but prrton had an issue once on ios, I think the resolve was, uninstall, re install, if same problem check your icloud settings and see if it's retaining any data about the app if so clear it, then reinstall
Fkol syaw oeru Palulukan Maktoyu Ta'lengean

Twitter: https://twitter.com/navi_wotd

Atokirina Sweriye

Just got it for my iPhone 4S (not the IOS7 though), and it works fine. But ... the translations (in grey) are so tiiiiiiiny and light grey they're almost impossible to read without a magnifying glass, and the screen can't be made larger by the twno finger touch. I hope at least the translation can be a bit larger and darker in the future, is that possible?