Learn Na'vi in the App Store

Started by Seze, October 14, 2010, 02:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

Quote from: piwopx on October 14, 2010, 05:08:49 PM
  • There should be a warning that the learnnavi.org link will close the app

The Apple iPhone Human Interface Guidelines specify that every links should open in Safari so no need for a warning as this is the expected behaviour.
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

Seze

Quote from: Meuia te Sätìng Tstew'itan on October 14, 2010, 05:40:21 PM

The Apple iPhone Human Interface Guidelines specify that every links should open in Safari so no need for a warning as this is the expected behaviour.

Sran, slä I could see the benefit of a popup warning as well.  I'd be open for either option... ???

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Maria TunVrrtep

"Ke'u ke lu law a krr frakem tsunslu." -
    Margaret Drabble
("When nothing is sure, everything is possible.")

Seze

Quote from: TunVrrtep on October 14, 2010, 05:57:46 PM
I WANT A NEW CELL PHONE!!!

Worst case you could always get an iPod Touch...

Quote from: Seze on October 14, 2010, 05:54:30 PM

Sran, slä I could see the benefit of a popup warning as well.  I'd be open for either option... ???

Mmmm... I don't think it is necessary. It is not like you can lose data by tapping on the link anyway. The only apps I've seen doing that were instant messaging apps back in the days before push notifications because you would get disconnected if you ever tapped one of those links.
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

Seze

Quote from: Meuia te Sätìng Tstew'itan on October 14, 2010, 06:02:06 PM
Quote from: Seze on October 14, 2010, 05:54:30 PM

Sran, slä I could see the benefit of a popup warning as well.  I'd be open for either option... ???

Mmmm... I don't think it is necessary. It is not like you can lose data by tapping on the link anyway. The only apps I've seen doing that were instant messaging apps back in the days before push notifications because you would get disconnected if you ever tapped one of those links.

True, and with iOS 4 when you open the app up again it's exactly how you left it. 

überdoodlet

Hmm... I'll need to get iOS4, but that is only a minor setback...  ;D

piwopx

Ngaytxoa, but I don't think most users have read the "Apple iPhone Human Interface Guidelines."

Seze

Quote from: piwopx on October 14, 2010, 06:54:37 PM

Ngaytxoa, but I don't think most users have read the "Apple iPhone Human Interface Guidelines."

True, but all Apps MUST follow those guidelines.  I'm not sure exactly if those guidelines are specific or not about links going outside the App other than website links open with Safari and not a web view within the App.  I need to consult the guidelines and see if the App needs to stay as is or if adding a pop up warning is acceptable or even mentioned for that matter.  I'll look into it when I get the time.  Even if I changed it right now, it would be at least a week or two before the update could go live in the App Store, so don't expect a quick turnaround on this.

piwopx

Srane, Apple is notorious for having a slow app review process.

Vawm tsamsiyu

Irayo ma seze Fì'u Lu nìltsan  :D
I like the app icon but id like a high resolution version for iPhone 4's high resolution screen
Now to leave a review in the app store in English and na'vi :)
they killed the [you] tag

Seze

Quote from: Vawm tsamsiyu on October 14, 2010, 09:13:46 PM
I like the app icon but id like a high resolution version for iPhone 4's high resolution screen

I thought I made everything HighRes for the iPhone4.  I'll have to look into it.  I don't have a fancy new Retina Display to test with, so missing something like that is a definite possibility.

Seze

Now to leave a review in the app store in English and na'vi :)

Sran, I see we have our first review of the App now (5 stars even  ;D).  I would like to review the App myself, but I'm not sure that I feel entirely comfortable reviewing my own App...  ???

Quote from: Seze on October 14, 2010, 11:35:20 PM

I thought I made everything HighRes for the iPhone4.  I'll have to look into it.  I don't have a fancy new Retina Display to test with, so missing something like that is a definite possibility.

You can use the iPhone simulator for that. You can switch the device to iPhone 4.

Seze

Quote from: Meuia te Sätìng Tstew'itan on October 14, 2010, 11:47:39 PM
Quote from: Seze on October 14, 2010, 11:35:20 PM

I thought I made everything HighRes for the iPhone4.  I'll have to look into it.  I don't have a fancy new Retina Display to test with, so missing something like that is a definite possibility.

You can use the iPhone simulator for that. You can switch the device to iPhone 4.

That was what I was using, but it is still no replacement to running the App on a real device...

Seze

Quote from: piwopx on October 14, 2010, 08:56:40 PM
Srane, Apple is notorious for having a slow app review process.

Sran, the Learn Na'vi Mobile App took 8 days before it even made it in front of a reviewer, then 45 minutes later it was approved and on its way into the App Store.

NaviFreedomFighter

No worries, open itunes and there should be a bar on the panel called store click it will take you there then click apps  :) oh irayo irayo!!!!
Oel Ngati Kame (I See You) Its not just i'm seeing you in front of me its I see into your soul and understand you
My Na'vi Name is Ka'apeha
Tokx tsa'u uniltìranyu Slä my Ronsem si tirea na'vi
(I have the body of a dreamwalker, but my mind and spirit are Na'vi)

Away from November 3-15th (Final exams)

Seze

Quote from: NaviFreedomFighter on October 15, 2010, 12:20:27 AM
No worries, open itunes and there should be a bar on the panel called store click it will take you there then click apps  :) oh irayo irayo!!!!
???  I'm confused, who are you responding to?  I'd suggest you use the "Quote" button in the future.  It helps keep everyone on the same page, especially if you are answering someones question that may be a few pages back in the thread.

NaviFreedomFighter

Quote from: Seze on October 15, 2010, 12:28:17 AM
Quote from: NaviFreedomFighter on October 15, 2010, 12:20:27 AM
???  I'm confused, who are you responding to?  I'd suggest you use the "Quote" button in the future.  It helps keep everyone on the same page, especially if you are answering someones question that may be a few pages back in the thread.

My mistake I was replying to the member who didn't know how to get to the Itunes App Store
Oel Ngati Kame (I See You) Its not just i'm seeing you in front of me its I see into your soul and understand you
My Na'vi Name is Ka'apeha
Tokx tsa'u uniltìranyu Slä my Ronsem si tirea na'vi
(I have the body of a dreamwalker, but my mind and spirit are Na'vi)

Away from November 3-15th (Final exams)

Nyx

Nice, I'm glad this is out now, gotta find a way to try it :D