Learn Na'vi in the App Store

Started by Seze, October 14, 2010, 02:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa

Quote from: Wokan AtanŽeko on October 27, 2010, 08:40:36 AM
Hay I was wondering if you could make a version of the Na,vi Dictionary for the iPad?  :-\

It's my understanding that the Learn Na'vi app requires OS4, and the iPad does not have that version yet.  I vaguely remember something about late November for the iPad OS upgrade, so hopefully it's coming soon.  But right now, the app won't run on the iPad, since the current iPad OS version is 3.2.
Oeru syaw "Tirea Ikran" kop slä frakrrmi layu oe "Grammar Skxawng"   :)

Ftiafpi

Lisa

Quote from: Ftiafpi on October 27, 2010, 09:25:24 AM
The iPad can't open pdf's?

No, it can open .pdf files but it won't run the LN App, at least not yet.  When the App first came out I tried installing it on an iPad but the App does not show up in the App store on the iPad.   Seze's earlier post indicated that you had to have OS4 in order to run the App, and the iPad only has 3.2.
Oeru syaw "Tirea Ikran" kop slä frakrrmi layu oe "Grammar Skxawng"   :)

Seze

Quote from: Tirea Ikran on October 27, 2010, 10:02:58 AM

No, it can open .pdf files but it won't run the LN App, at least not yet.  When the App first came out I tried installing it on an iPad but the App does not show up in the App store on the iPad.   Seze's earlier post indicated that you had to have OS4 in order to run the App, and the iPad only has 3.2.

Sran, you are just going to have to wait for iOS 4.2 to be released for this to work on the iPad.  By the time I work out how to submit a binary to Apple that would work with the iPad, and have that binary approved and in the App store, iOS 4.2 should be out.  Oeru txoa live, slä its just not worth my time to add support for the iPad right now. 

On another note, the App has been downloaded quite a bit since it was released.

USA214
Australia43
New Zealand41
Germany26
UK25
Canada22
France10
Sweden7
Italy6
Malaysia5
Others39
Total Downloads438

The App also has 7 reviews and has an average rating of 4 Stars.

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Prrton

Quote from: Seze on October 27, 2010, 05:52:59 PM

Sran, you are just going to have to wait for iOS 4.2 to be released for this to work on the iPad.  By the time I work out how to submit a binary to Apple that would work with the iPad, and have that binary approved and in the App store, iOS 4.2 should be out.  Oeru txoa live, slä its just not worth my time to add support for the iPad right now. 

USA214
Australia43
New Zealand41
Germany26
UK25
Canada22
France10
Sweden7
Italy6
Malaysia5
Others39
Total Downloads438

Eggzellent!

NaviFreedomFighter

Quote from: Prrton on October 27, 2010, 06:11:14 PM
Quote from: Seze on October 27, 2010, 05:52:59 PM

USA214
Australia43
New Zealand41
Germany26
UK25
Canada22
France10
Sweden7
Italy6
Malaysia5
Others39
Total Downloads438

Eggzellent!

Awesome we need more aussies to download :D
Oel Ngati Kame (I See You) Its not just i'm seeing you in front of me its I see into your soul and understand you
My Na'vi Name is Ka'apeha
Tokx tsa'u uniltìranyu Slä my Ronsem si tirea na'vi
(I have the body of a dreamwalker, but my mind and spirit are Na'vi)

Away from November 3-15th (Final exams)

Kekerusey

Quote from: Seze on October 14, 2010, 03:32:05 PMNow we need lots of reviews...

And a version for Android phones :)

Keke
Kekerusey (Not Dead [Undead])
"Keye'ung lu nì'aw tì'eyng mì-kìfkey lekye'ung :)"
Geekanology, UK Atheist &
The "Science, Just Science" Campaign (A Cobweb)

omängum fra'uti

There is a version for Android phones, it's just not available on the market yet.  You can download it from the mobile apps section of the forum though.
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Meynari Ke'nawm

Quote from: Ftiafpi on October 14, 2010, 02:19:18 PM
Too expensive, I'm waiting for it to be -$10 and come with a free iPhone before I get it.

...:P Good work, this should be exceedingly useful.

That would be nice!!!! ;D
hrh
I am SO excited to get that app for my iPOD!!!
Irayo to Seze!!!!!
GENERATION 19: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
PADD: Watch out...
Officially the youngest member... so far...

Tsmuktengan

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on October 29, 2010, 02:21:33 PM
There is a version for Android phones, it's just not available on the market yet.  You can download it from the mobile apps section of the forum though.

In fact, there is one (actually two, one old, one new) version(s) on the Android Market. I have got it, it is really nice and quite well designed. Search bar and listing options should be placed in a more intuitive way, yet it is promising.

Sadly it looks like there are many words missing in the database, even in the latest version. I was looking today to find Kìyevame, it isn't there...

There is also an issue with the Android app : If I download mp3 voices from the app, they are immediatly listed in my Music player library. There should be a way to hide these downloaded files to make this process more clean and prevent the music player from finding them.

omängum fra'uti

That's not the Learn Na'vi app, which is what I was referring to.  There is a version of the Learn Na'vi app for Android, sharing a common design with the iPhone app, which is in development and not on the market yet.

Also kìyevame isn't technically a word, it's just an inflected form of the verb kame.  It's usage as kìyevame is an idiomatic expression.
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Tsmuktengan

Ah, probably.... sorry for the noise then. I'm still rather unexperienced yet, need to do more efforts...

dtorrs

I hope an app for the phones comes out also   :'(

Tsufätu Ayioangä

I just downloaded it on my mother's iphone and love it!

Talis

Its a really nice App! Thanks for that :)
But what's about a German translation at least for the vocabs?
And a Learning-App in a "jmemorize"-style would be cool! ;)
And is it possible to show the IPA in the overview? Because otherwise you always have to switch in the word to see how its pronounced.
But its great the way it is now, this should just be some hints to an ultimate-super-App. ;)
Eywa ayngahu!

NaviFreedomFighter

Oel Ngati Kame (I See You) Its not just i'm seeing you in front of me its I see into your soul and understand you

Vawm tsamsiyu

they killed the [you] tag

NaviFreedomFighter

Quote from: Vawm tsamsiyu on November 23, 2010, 11:52:57 PM
Just to update I think
oh that's good I can't been on the net all the time. Btw tmuskahan why have you said I stole your signature?  ???

Vawm tsamsiyu

That's the [you ] tag it shows the name of whoever sees it

If [you] quotes this [you] will see.

Oe tse'a [you]
they killed the [you] tag

Kxamtxon Tsamsiyu

The only thing that I can see might confuse some people is that the software update for the ipod touch has to be 4.0 and above to work. Then after doing some searching I realized that the first generation ipod touches aren't compatible with that update, unless I missed something.

"First it was just orders, then everything changed.." ~Jake Sully
Neytiri & Jake