Learn Na'vi in the App Store

Started by Seze, October 14, 2010, 02:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maria TunVrrtep

"Ke'u ke lu law a krr frakem tsunslu." -
    Margaret Drabble
("When nothing is sure, everything is possible.")

Seze

Quote from: TunVrrtep on November 24, 2010, 09:24:05 PM
Any word on the Android App yet?

I haven't heard of or seen any updates recently.  I think Omängum Fra'uti has been busy lately...

On another note, the Learn Na'vi iPhone App has been downloaded a total of 1386 times since it was released.  What has surprised me the most was that last week (11/15-11/21) has been the best week download wise since the release.  The App was downloaded 323 times last week  :o

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Doxy

Rrrr, as an owner of a Zune HD, I am having a very biting case of app-envy right now.

Very awesome, though!

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Kxamtxon Tsamsiyu on November 24, 2010, 07:20:44 PM
The only thing that I can see might confuse some people is that the software update for the ipod touch has to be 4.0 and above to work. Then after doing some searching I realized that the first generation ipod touches aren't compatible with that update, unless I missed something.

yeah...sad times for those who own one of those... as this is true :(

Taronyu

Just to reiterate: this is awesome!

:D

RangerJim

Quote from: Vawm tsamsiyu on November 24, 2010, 12:05:14 AM
That's the [you ] tag it shows the name of whoever sees it

If [you] quotes this [you] will see.

Oe tse'a [you]

Ah,  Watashi wa rikai s***!* {polite hisss}

You see, when I saw that sig, I was wondering if perhaps you were claiming to be a Clanbrother of mine, and I'd naturally have to check you out.  ;)  You see, many there are who claim to be members of the Clans of Rangers, Jarheads, Green Headresses, and the like these days,  >:( and we are are jealous of those who claim to that which they are not, eh?

Bright Blessings,
Jim

*Urmm... Sorry, Moderators, but the phrase is phonetic Japanese for "I understand." In written Japanese, it's 私は理解して
I am a warrior of the clan of Rangers,
and a Priest-shaman of the Mother.
----
Walk in Beauty and Honor – Strive for Balance.

Seze

Quote from: RangerJim on December 05, 2010, 01:10:59 AM
Quote from: Vawm tsamsiyu on November 24, 2010, 12:05:14 AM
That's the [you ] tag it shows the name of whoever sees it

If [you] quotes this [you] will see.

Oe tse'a [you]

Ah,  Watashi wa rikai s***e!* {polite hisss}

You see, when I saw that sig, I was wondering if perhaps you were claiming to be a Clanbrother of mine, and I'd naturally have to check you out.  ;)  You see, many there are who claim to be members of the Clans of Rangers, Jarheads, Green Headresses, and the like these days,  >:( and we are are jealous of those who claim to that which they are not, eh?

Bright Blessings,
Jim

*Urmm... Sorry, Moderators, but the phrase is phonetic Japanese for "I understand." In written Japanese, it's 私は理解して

Uhh, what?

Can we stay on topic please...

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Quote from: Doxy on November 25, 2010, 11:19:00 PM
Rrrr, as an owner of a Zune HD, I am having a very biting case of app-envy right now.

Very awesome, though!

Just FYI, I have an app for Windows Phone 7 in the works.. Or, more or less.

It's on hold because the platform is new, so I wouldn't be surprised if I'm the only one on this forum with a WP7 device :P

Point being that the difference between Zune HD and WP7 is like the difference between iPod Touch and iPhone...

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Sir. Haxalot on December 08, 2010, 02:24:47 PM

Very awesome, though!

It's on hold because the platform is new, so I wouldn't be surprised if I'm the only one on this forum with a WP7 device :P

Point being that the difference between Zune HD and WP7 is like the difference between iPod Touch and iPhone...

so you say Zune runs same os as Windows Phone 7?

Seze

Quote from: Tirea Aean on December 08, 2010, 02:37:37 PM

Very awesome, though!

I'm not sure if it its the same OS or not, but I've heard that WP7 feels a lot like the Zune.

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Quote from: Seze on December 08, 2010, 02:50:27 PM
Quote from: Tirea Aean on December 08, 2010, 02:37:37 PM

Very awesome, though!

I'm not sure if it its the same OS or not, but I've heard that WP7 feels a lot like the Zune.

WP7 is pretty much based on Zune, yes, and they do share the kernel. But after some research I found out that the Zune HD doesn't fullfill the WP7 chassis specifications, so it's very unlikely that they will bring the same support.
My bad. :(

But if you like your Zune you'll probably like WP7 :P

Arantele

NOt sure if this has been asked at all.. but for those of us without iphones... is there anything for android?

Seze

Quote from: Arantele on December 10, 2010, 11:39:32 PM
NOt sure if this has been asked at all.. but for those of us without iphones... is there anything for android?

It has been asked a few times already.  You can find it here.  It is still in beta.

JNR_8404

Hi all
i've just joined after watching Avatar so many times on the collectors edition DVD set, i trully want to learn the Na'vi language and when i found this post i was wondering if this app would work on my Samsung Pixon M8800 at all?

Regards
Jnr

Tirea Aean

Quote from: JNR_8404 on January 07, 2011, 07:05:48 AM
Hi all
i've just joined after watching Avatar so many times on the collectors edition DVD set, i trully want to learn the Na'vi language and when i found this post i was wondering if this app would work on my Samsung Pixon M8800 at all?

Regards
Jnr

its an iPhone app. if your phone strangely can access the Apple app store, then it can. As far as I am aware the only devices capable of running this app are iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.

there is an Android app as well. if your phone runs Android OS, then you can get that version. Its pretty much the same thing.
Quote from: Seze on December 10, 2010, 11:47:13 PM
Quote from: Arantele on December 10, 2010, 11:39:32 PM

It has been asked a few times already.  You can find it here.  It is still in beta.

Taronyu

Take a look at the apps for Selconten and Halq'emeylem.

Any thoughts on how we could do that?

Details: http://saivus.org/blog/?p=177

Seze

Quote from: Taronyu on January 07, 2011, 01:28:59 PM

I'll take a look at those apps this weekend sometime.  I'm assuming they are in the App Store.  I didn't see any links to them in the article.

RangerJim

Quote from: Seze on January 07, 2011, 05:46:51 PM

I'll take a look at those apps this weekend sometime.  I'm assuming they are in the App Store.  I didn't see any links to them in the article.

I just downloaded both and will check them out and report back within a day or so.

Incidentally, when in the iTune App Store, enter "Selconten" and/or "Halq'emeylem" in the Search box.

Éywa ngáhu.

Ta Tsìm
----

RangerJim

After downloading and taking a look at the new language apps for the iPhone (Senconten and Halq'emeylem), here's my comments. Nota Bene: I am running iOS 4.0 on an iPhone 3GS. Your milage may vary....

Naturally, I'm also rating/comparing the "Learn Na'vi" app.

• Price: Free (all three)

• Appearance: Nice splash screen (all three)

• Dictionary – [language] -> English: Yes (all three)

• Dictionary – English -> [language]: "Learn Na'vi" only. Other two have a search function.

• Useful phrases in [language]: "SENCOTEN" and "Halq'emeylem" only.

• Pronunciation guide (written): None

• Pronunciation (spoken): a little on the "Halq'emeylem" tribal home page - see below

• Links to home page: Yes. "Learn Na'vi" links to learnnavi.org, and "SENCOTEN" and "Halq'emeylem" link to their respective tribal pages, but ...

firstvoices.com/en/SENCOTEN – "no instance available," which translates to me as "site under construction"

firstvoices.com/en/Halqemeylem – good link with a few spoken words and phrases, artwork, and some legends.

I hope this helps.

Ta Tsìm
----

Taronyu

I believe that the LN app has the IPA. Which is a pronunciation guide.

Can we get a search function?

And the phrases section?

Audio and pictures. Thoughts?