LearnNavi on Good Morning America - March 5th

Started by Payoang, February 25, 2010, 03:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tawtakuk

Quote from: JayWalker on March 05, 2010, 10:35:03 AM
They didn't use any of the west coast footage AFAIK.

That's a little disappointing. Given the first half of this thread, I had the impression that much more actually happened there.
Oh well, guess I'll have to stick with what we've got - It's great nonetheless :)
01000011 01011010 00100000 01001101 01101111 01100100 01100101 01110010 01100001 01110100 01101111 01110010 00000000

Letxuma Swizaw

i didn't like that they didn't have anyones name at the bottom. :-\ You didn't know who someone was unless he told you which was kind of lame.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Kìrìstìyä tìpe'unri a kifkeyit kelor kawngsì tsere'a, tsafpìlfya kifkeyit tsafya txolängula.

Join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Tawtakuk on March 05, 2010, 10:53:57 AM
Quote from: JayWalker on March 05, 2010, 10:35:03 AM
They didn't use any of the west coast footage AFAIK.

That's a little disappointing. Given the first half of this thread, I had the impression that much more actually happened there.
Oh well, guess I'll have to stick with what we've got - It's great nonetheless :)

Yeah, there was a LOT more that went on there but it got cut. Oh well, such is television, 5 hours of work for a 10 seconds shot.

Sarkath

Welcome to the wonderful world of broadcasting and production. :D  Maybe the WEst Coast guys didn't do as well :P (kidding) But the guy did like the sound of his own voice.

Txonyä'ite

Does anyone know when in the show this aired?

JayWalker

neosis666

Am I the only one who thought this was incredibly bad in terms of what footage was used?

None of the people looked "comfortable" and the phrases used seemed forced and un-natural, with 3 phrases being used, hello, how are you and I see you, something a bit more.. interesting would have been nice. The only person who seemed to look good was Frommer!

I didn't see a mention of this site, nor any of the people used in the clip either.

Maybe I was expecting too much.

omängum fra'uti

Quote from: Justin Emanuele on March 05, 2010, 11:13:10 AM
Welcome to the wonderful world of broadcasting and production. :D  Maybe the WEst Coast guys didn't do as well :P (kidding) But the guy did like the sound of his own voice.
I think it's more about the quality of the footage, as in lower quality equipment.  The guy in SF had a handheld camera that looks like it could have come off the shelf in Best Buy.  In NY they had actual studio cameras and lights and mics for people to wear.  They did actually use a little bit of low quality audio, but part of me wonders if it wasn't manipulated to sound like it came from skype, as it was used as a voice from the skype chat.
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Ftiafpi

Quote from: neosis666 on March 05, 2010, 11:59:37 AM
Am I the only one who thought this was incredibly bad in terms of what footage was used?

None of the people looked "comfortable" and the phrases used seemed forced and un-natural, with 3 phrases being used, hello, how are you and I see you, something a bit more.. interesting would have been nice. The only person who seemed to look good was Frommer!

I didn't see a mention of this site, nor any of the people used in the clip either.

Maybe I was expecting too much.

You're totally right on that. The footage they used of us speaking Na'vi was probably the worst bit that we had. For example, the bit that shows me and slimz talking was all Na'vi (but they voiced it over) and it looked so much better. Oh well, at least skxawng's bit came out good. I wish they had more of the personal interviews though, those came out really well I thought.

Nanaki

Quote from: Ftiafpi on March 05, 2010, 12:20:44 PM
You're totally right on that. The footage they used of us speaking Na'vi was probably the worst bit that we had. For example, the bit that shows me and slimz talking was all Na'vi (but they voiced it over) and it looked so much better. Oh well, at least skxawng's bit came out good. I wish they had more of the personal interviews though, those came out really well I thought.

Life is hard :(
So bad, so many work from you for that ... !! And they don't talk about the forum ... :(
'Itan Atxur : Just remember, NO idea is too crazy <3

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...
Don't thank! You don't thank for this! This is sad... VERY sad only!

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Nanaki on March 05, 2010, 12:27:16 PM
Quote from: Ftiafpi on March 05, 2010, 12:20:44 PM

Life is hard :(
So bad, so many work from you for that ... !! And they don't talk about the forum ... :(

Oh well, it's still good press, very good press actually. I mean, this is a pretty big flag we can fly about how we were shown on national TV.

Kaiatéya

Yeah, I personally think it's amazing anything like this was done at all. They weren't making fun of it either.

Txonyä'ite

I thought that it was a good spot. Even though they didn't mention the site it was a great bit of exposure. It will be interesting to see if Colbert or the Daily Show pick up on the clip. :)

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Even though they didn't mention the site all people have to do is search for the language on google and we'll be on top.

Also congrats and good job to everyone on the show I thought you did wonderful.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Kätsyín te Zotxekay Tsyal’itan

Quote from: Txonyä'ite on March 05, 2010, 02:04:48 PM
I thought that it was a good spot. Even though they didn't mention the site it was a great bit of exposure. It will be interesting to see if Colbert or the Daily Show pick up on the clip. :)

They didn't mention the site in the segment that aired, but if you go to their site, we're linked to from there.
old gallery link?id=1831[/img]

LearnNavi Forums:
"It's not an addiction...I just need it everyday."

Nìftxavang Sreu

woke up at 6 this morning this morning to watch it, and was SOO proud and excited to be part of the Na'vi Revolution! As soon as it was done, I printed out the Activity Book, took it to Staples, and started working on it! Irayo Ma Eywa for this awesome opportunity!

proud member of the NSFC!!

Toruk Makto

Now *that* is exactly the kind of reaction that makes all the work that went into the GMA project worth the effort!

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

Quote from: Txepsiyu on March 05, 2010, 09:07:02 PM
Now *that* is exactly the kind of reaction that makes all the work that went into the GMA project worth the effort!

YES! And now, if someone ask you for a stupid sawtute-valid reason to learn the language, you can just say: "well... it got me on national television so it's not like I did it for nothing!"  ;D
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

ExLibrisMortis

Quote from: Txepsiyu on March 05, 2010, 09:07:02 PM

/agreed

*awaits the influx of "fresh meat"*

Nìftxavang Sreu

Working on it! haha *scribbling furiously in my workbook*  ;) 

proud member of the NSFC!!