Maintenance Window

Started by Seze, March 07, 2018, 11:59:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seze

Kaltxì, ma eylan!

There will be a maintenance event starting around 19:00 CDT, on Wednesday, March 7th.  We are taking our first steps with the new server infrastructure project. We don't expect this window to last more than a couple of hours. During this time, services may be offline for a little bit.

Resources impacted during that time are: the Learnnavi forum and wordpress site, the Dothraki forum, and the sites that Seabass runs.  No visible changes will occur.

The maintenance event is to migrate all of our services to a temporary backup server we just setup in Denver, CO. After we have everything migrated over, we can start the larger task of swapping servers in our data center. The physical server swap may take a few days, but thanks to our backup site, we can stay online during this process. Once the new server is ready to go, we will have another maintenance window to migrate everything back from the backup site.

Irayo!
Seze

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Seze

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Ertew

LN forum used to send me a lot of spam ;) I set forum to watch every thread I replied and send me notifications once somebody replied.

Last mail from forum is from 2018-03-07 morning (+/- timezone difference). Sadly no further mails from forum  :-X As I see, that date is close to maintenance window. Can You check this issue, please?
Any errors in spelling, tact or fact are transmission errors.

Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.

Toliman

Quote from: Ertew on March 29, 2018, 01:22:56 PM
LN forum used to send me a lot of spam ;) I set forum to watch every thread I replied and send me notifications once somebody replied.
HRH ... I rather don't use this setting xD

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Ma Ertew, try unsetting and resetting your email preferences on a couple active forums. If this works, do the same for all the forums you monitor.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Toruk Makto

The forum won't send any mail until another few steps are completed on our way to the new hardware. We're getting there slowly!  :)

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Ertew

Thank's Eywa, You know the problem and working on it.
I think that it's my fault and wondering how I can fix it.

BTW, as I mentioned on Discord, forum have security problem, actually too much security.
You can lock account if You change Your mail address and mistype it. Account is locked and wait for activation link, that was send to wrong address. And actually I do it myself  :facepalm:
Any errors in spelling, tact or fact are transmission errors.

Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

My browser just flagged an invalid security certificate for the site. So maybe too much of the wrong kind of security? I bet Marki gets it all sorted shortly.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Toliman

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on April 04, 2018, 01:59:25 AM
My browser just flagged an invalid security certificate for the site.
Yeah, this happened me too.

Blue Elf

Quote from: Toliman on April 04, 2018, 03:59:58 AM
Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on April 04, 2018, 01:59:25 AM
My browser just flagged an invalid security certificate for the site.
Yeah, this happened me too.
I see no problem with certificate - all is ok as usually.
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)