Na'vi Language Workshop

Started by Payoang, September 08, 2010, 11:32:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taronyu

Is it too early to post a list of who all can make it?

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Txantsan!

I hope the recordings of the speaking sessions are done carefully, so they will have use to those with both wide and narrow internet connections.

Perhaps those that are in attendance will later be able to hold workshops on their own to pass on what they have learned.

In any case, this is indeed Txan sìltsan ni`aw!

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

C'tri Atan'itan

Is this going to be recorded (visually or via audio), for reference in the future?
It could be a great reference to us non-teachers, in the future.

Edit: Never mind, saw the above post!
Awesome news indeed, here's hoping that there's visual as well :D
Unil'ite: Keye'ung! \0/
Oe: FÌTSENG LU PANDORAAAAAA

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Seze on September 08, 2010, 01:18:43 PM
Any chance we could broadcast this over Tirea Radio? 

I will record stuff and upload when able (likely immediately after the event.) I will be sure to capture as much as possible. This will be on TR, and on FB and on Twitter and on my blog....;D

Nyx

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on September 09, 2010, 12:36:29 AM
Perhaps those that are in attendance will later be able to hold workshops on their own to pass on what they have learned.
Great idea. That would be a good way to do it ^^

eanayo

I think this might be the right place to express how glad I am that JC picked our beloved Karyu Pawl to develop the language. It's amazing how much passion and time (and in this case also $$$) he pours into this, even though his job is more or less done. Just image where we would be if some "Ah, my paycheck! Goodbye, chumps!"-guy had developed the language!

Good luck (and fun!) to all the attendees!

Visit Our Dictionary for eBook readers, The Na'vi Word Puzzle Game and the Cryptogram Generator
srake tsun pivlltxe san [ˈɔaχkat͡slʃwɔaf]?

Nifty

Sounds like fun  ;), Enjoy yourselves to those chosen. Haven't been on for ages: school kept me busy.   :)
Oel tsapayang ngati ulte yom ngahu menari lu wutso. Jks ^-^
*I'm back from the dead... that is back after around 9 months... I'm sorry =(, school's been tough*

I've gone into making game guides for Wesnoth and getting back to a skill I haven't used for over 10 years... drawing. :)

Lance R. Casey

A heads-up:

In about one day from now, the topics found in CoE II will be compiled into a poll which will then run for three days, where all LearnNa'vi.org members can vote upon which they feel are the most important. So if you have a question that has not been asked already, now would be the time to chip in! :)

// Lance R. Casey

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Oh I want to go to this SOOOO BAADDD!!!!!!!!!!!! IF on the rare chance that I am chosen I will do whatever I have to do to clear my schedule that weekend and FIND a way to get down there! I'll pack up my little Kia and drive if I have to, but I WILL find a way there! That is....IF I'm chosen

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Txonä Rolyu on September 16, 2010, 04:07:34 AM
Oh I want to go to this SOOOO BAADDD!!!!!!!!!!!! IF on the rare chance that I am chosen I will do whatever I have to do to clear my schedule that weekend and FIND a way to get down there! I'll pack up my little Kia and drive if I have to, but I WILL find a way there! That is....IF I'm chosen

-Txonä Rolyu
All the people have already been chosen. We wouldn't leave it to the last minute to ask people if they could make it.

Nyx

Do we get to know who's going? (Yes, I'm curious, I'm always curious)

Toruk Makto

More information is forthcoming on details of the 'Awve Ultxa Ayharyuä, so stay tuned...   :)

I did want to mention that the folks that have been "chosen" (wow, that really that sounds pompous to me :-[) for this first workshop are individuals that have put extensive work into documenting and creating learning materials on lì'fya leNa'vi to date and are already up to speed on the focus of this first workshop, which is "teaching the teachers". As was mentioned before, limiting the attendance is by request of Karyu Pawl himself and is really for the best. Since Na'vi is still on the early steep slopes of the development curve, many things are still being worked out regarding the language itself as well as the best way to bring it to those that want to learn. As we move forward, I expect there will be future workshops that will be geared generally more to the teaching of the language instead of how to teach it and will be open to all.  Meanwhile, these first folks have their work cut out for them, so to them we say "best of luck and kick some txìm!"

- ta Markì

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Quote from: Ftiafpi on September 16, 2010, 10:14:27 AM

-Txonä Rolyu
All the people have already been chosen. We wouldn't leave it to the last minute to ask people if they could make it.

I figured as such but....I still wanted to say what I said.

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Lance R. Casey

The Poll of Outstanding Questions is now open! Three days and seven votes for EVERYONE in the community. Go make your voice heard!

// Lance R. Casey

Nifty

-Txonä Rolyu

Haha I'd second that but I've got several reasons why not too; one being the fact that I'm a teenager, another that I would need to get permission from my parents to travel overseas. =(
Oel tsapayang ngati ulte yom ngahu menari lu wutso. Jks ^-^
*I'm back from the dead... that is back after around 9 months... I'm sorry =(, school's been tough*

I've gone into making game guides for Wesnoth and getting back to a skill I haven't used for over 10 years... drawing. :)

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

As much as I would like to have been chosen to go, I now realize I would be in way over my linguistic head. There is only one topic on the list of proposed topics that I know much about, and only a few others that I could make really meaningful input on. On some, I would have that yerikit tìnusìn mì atanìl look. But we will all measurably benefit from what comes out of this workshop, as it will serve as an important course correction for the 'Good Ship Na`vi'.

If you haven't yet, go vote in the 'Poll of outstanding questions' noted a few posts above. Take the time to read the descriptions of each item before voting. This is 'us commoners' chance to participate in this process, and like voting for elected officials, we should not waste our votes.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

überdoodlet

Wow... That's actually really cool.  :D
Good luck to all of the member that go and be sure to broadcast all of the results back to us!

Tirea Aean

Quote from: überdoodlet on September 19, 2010, 07:42:14 PM
Wow... That's actually really cool.  :D
Good luck to all of the member that go and be sure to broadcast all of the results back to us!

It will SURELY be on TireaRadio.com

Prrton

Prrton

Quote from: Prrton on September 20, 2010, 02:06:20 PM

Something ELSE everyone can do to contribute.

Many thanks to those who have contributed already, but I only have 4 so far. The deadline is still many days out. Can we multiply this by at least 10?

Rutxe srung sivi!

Fingers crossed.