Christmas Song(s) nìNa’vi on YouTube

Started by Plumps, December 14, 2010, 11:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plumps

But if your *lusu comes from l‹us›u then that's not possible. ‹us› and ‹awn› only appear as -ing-ed and -ed-ed adjectives, so they need a noun and an attributive -a- on one of the two sides. ftue mì ayeveng (pronounced as if ftue mayeveng) would suffice, I guess

Ataeghane

Oer wivìntxu ngal oey keyeyt krr a tse'a sat. Frakrr.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Ataeghane on January 16, 2011, 05:21:04 AM
Isn't it "easy in children"?

ye'h not sure I would understand that circumlocution either if someone said that without soon therefter explaining it in english..

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

The alternate definition for ftue is 'simple'. And I was trying to use the present participle to somehow create 'simplicity'. Anyone else haveany ideas on how to render the meaning 'simplicity'?

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Ataeghane

Tirea Aean

Tirea Aean

not quite the same as innocence imo but eh. there is more than one kind of innocence..

Ataeghane

Geez... Translation doesn't really have to be literal. If we threw this part out and wrote "Blah blah I love everyone", that would still be ok.

Tirea Aean

it depends on the writer/translator how much of the original meaning is to stay intact. true apologies as it seems I have offended.

Ataeghane

No, of course you haven't. I'm sorry, if my words sounded offencive - didn't mean that, it's just my opinion that the song doesn't really be through and through literal. The overal sense is IMO much more improtant. I suggest that we go out of our way to make the song sounds good, not try to translate every single missing word.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Mawey, Mawey, ma ayeylan
    I didn't want to start a row here! If you read my original post, I suggested 'simplicity' as the meaning in the context of the song can also be adequately described (IMHO) by 'simplicity'. And we have a word that is close to 'simplicity', but not one that is even close to 'innocence'. If I have offended or crossed the line, I too pawm txoa

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]