New Details: Avatar Collector's Edition (68min Del. Scenes, 3hr+ Special Feat.)

Started by GCTHawk7, September 19, 2010, 11:28:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kätsyín te Zotxekay Tsyal’itan

I've gotta get out and get it this week. I completely forgot to preorder it >.<. Hopefully the big box stores around me will have a copy left.
old gallery link?id=1831[/img]

LearnNavi Forums:
"It's not an addiction...I just need it everyday."

Eanikran

Watching now  :D

I'm loving the box too, it's pretty nice. Anybody notice where it says oel ngati kameie? :D

Toruk Makto

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Oelatem

Quote from: Pxinari te Saronyu Omatikaya'itan on November 16, 2010, 03:07:13 PM

I'm loving the box too, it's pretty nice. Anybody notice where it says oel ngati kameie? :D
I actually squeed when I saw that.  Shameful, I know....

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Oelatem on November 16, 2010, 07:23:10 PM
Quote from: Pxinari te Saronyu Omatikaya'itan on November 16, 2010, 03:07:13 PM

I actually squeed when I saw that.  Shameful, I know....

Totally saw that when I flipped it over and I did a double take (since I'm constantly seeing Na'vi in various English writing out of the corner of my eye).

Heh, and yeah, the box was the first thing that I noticed. So wonderful, really high quality. Reminded me of a really nice hardcover book (only better!). :)

Hikyuuri

Yeah.  This box is a lot like a book, each page with its own pictures and stuff.

Below are some high rez pictures of the entire package.  They are pretty big files (10MP, about 5MB a piece), and therefor will only link to their location and not put into the post.

Enjoy!

Protective Sleeve Front
Protective Sleeve Rear
Protective Sleeve Side
Internal Sleeve Front
Internal Sleeve Rear
Disk Case Partially Exposed
Disk Case Front
Disk Case Rear
Disk Case Page 1
Disk Case Page 2
Disk Case Page 3
Disk Case Page 4
Disk Case With Disk Exposed

Official LearnNavi.org TeamSpeak 3 Server Online
TeamSpeak 3 Server Address: ts.learnnavi.org:9987
Instructions can be found HERE!

omängum fra'uti

Quote from: Puvomun on November 16, 2010, 11:45:02 AM
Quote from: Ftiafpi on November 16, 2010, 11:39:30 AM
Quote from: Oelatem on November 16, 2010, 10:40:08 AM
I just got back from the store with my copy (DVD since I still don't have a Blu-Ray player or an HDTV).  The new opening alone is worth it!

One thing I do wonder about though: why did they put all 3 versions on 1 disc, only to have to do 2 parts for each one (basically how Lord of the Rings did their DVDs.)?  Wouldn't it have been easier to put full versions on individual discs?
Hmmm, perhaps some version share the same scenes and that's why?
Srane, that would make sense. They may have several XMLs pulling in the proper scenes for each version.
(Tech Na'vi leaves now)
I actually wish more movies did that; the technology to do that has existed since DVDs were first created.  The ONLY other movie I have which has multiple versions on one disk is The Lion King (DVD).  Since probably 90%+ of the different editions are the same in most movies, creating alternate versions (Theatrical, directors, extended, etc) takes very little extra space, it's just up to the player to piece it together.  I'm sure there are other movies which have done it, but they are not common.
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Kxeyo

Quote from: Markì on November 16, 2010, 06:14:40 PM
I like that the box is ALL biodegradable cardboard. No plastic.

Is actually NOT. My version (Europe, DVD) is a ugly plastic case in a stupid sleeve in a stupid sleeve on that they sticked a piece of paper giving information about what's on the disc. Parts of the artwork are hidden under it, I don't know what FOX did there. Ah, and also no booklet, I don't know if that's normal.
Oe lu Kxeyo—

—pa'liyä maktoyu. Vitra ata'lengean oeru lu. ♾️

Quote from: Ku'rända on January 09, 2011, 11:32:47 AMActually, that would be an interesting thought; if gay Na'vi would actually mate, or just run off in the bushes for a little bum-fun!

Quote from: Alyara Arati on February 24, 2012, 06:15:11 AMKxa (Open your mouth and say "Kxa") :P

Toruk Makto

Quote from: Kxeyo Te Eanari Tsenu'itan on November 17, 2010, 10:26:21 AM

Is actually NOT. My version (Europe, DVD) is a ugly plastic case in a stupid sleeve in a stupid sleeve on that they sticked a piece of paper giving information about what's on the disc. Parts of the artwork are hidden under it, I don't know what FOX did there. Ah, and also no booklet, I don't know if that's normal.

Oh wow. That is not good at all...

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Lahea Te Ketuwong Tarnahì'ite

I'm from UK and I have exactly the same thing :'(
Oeyä swizaw nìngay tivakuk
Oeyä tukrul txe'lanit tivakuk
Oeri tìngayìl txe'lanit tivakuk
Oeyä txe'lan livu ngay.

My BLOG

Puvomun

Same here. I posted pictures of the package. Not impressed, compared to what I hear of the US version.
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Hikyuuri

Official LearnNavi.org TeamSpeak 3 Server Online
TeamSpeak 3 Server Address: ts.learnnavi.org:9987
Instructions can be found HERE!

Puvomun

Quote from: Hikyuuri on November 18, 2010, 09:43:41 AM
Yeah, yours looks nothing like the one I got in the US.  http://img408.imageshack.us/g/diskcasediskexposed.jpg/
Oy and wow, that looks awesome. Damn, I would order the US version just for the packing. I could not play the discs (wrong region), but ... <sigh>

Ngopyu ayvurä.

bommel

Quote from: Puvomun on November 18, 2010, 11:58:00 AM
Quote from: Hikyuuri on November 18, 2010, 09:43:41 AM
Yeah, yours looks nothing like the one I got in the US.  http://img408.imageshack.us/g/diskcasediskexposed.jpg/
Oy and wow, that looks awesome. Damn, I would order the US version just for the packing. I could not play the discs (wrong region), but ... <sigh>
Nice box and damn region locking! I've heard some rumors that the PS3 is region free in regard to BDs but I won't count on this info...

Puvomun

Quote from: bommel on November 18, 2010, 01:34:14 PM
Nice box and damn region locking! I've heard some rumors that the PS3 is region free in regard to BDs but I won't count on this info...
Indeed, would be an expensive little test...

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Eanikran

Quote from: Puvomun on November 18, 2010, 01:37:42 PM
I see no point in region lock.  :-\

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Pxinari te Taronyu Omatikaya'itan on November 18, 2010, 03:58:42 PM
Quote from: Puvomun on November 18, 2010, 01:37:42 PM
I see no point in region lock.  :-\

Probably to avoid international piracy...

:P

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Puvomun

Ngopyu ayvurä.

'Oma Tirea

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

samchn07

I watched Avtar  movie in 3D :P. I was shocked to watch this movie first time.I watched this movie 2-3 times.I also now satisfied...