New homepage!

Started by Payoang, September 30, 2012, 05:36:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Payoang

I finally finished something that has been overdue for quite a while: A new shiny LearnNavi.org homepage: http://learnnavi.org/

This should make it easier for us to post news, images, and discuss things... right on the *main* LearnNavi site. What do you think? Ideas, suggestions -- voice in below!

The launch of the new site also includes the re-implementation of the store for the last 20 remaining hand-made one-of-a-kind LearnNavi shirts. They are the last of their kind and likely won't ever be sold again. First come, first serve!

ta Payoang

(and we have a slightly revised logo.)

Tsyesìka

Looks Awesome! Well Done!

You've done a good job. Just curious... does the backend have an easily ability to offer translations It'd be cool having it in Na'vi also (and maybe german or another language?)

--

LN amip kosman lu! sìltsan!

Nga tìkangkem soli nìltsan. Oe hek... ayoengìl lì'fyati leNa'vi tsun zivamung LNur srak? (kxawm kop toitsye fu lìfya alahe srak?)

akiwiguy

Given it's powered by WordPress, translations can be done with a plugin. Also, it looks awesome! Can't help but think it's missing the blue, though :3

Tsyesìka

Alyara Arati

Quote from: Tsyesìka on September 30, 2012, 06:13:47 AM
Kop, ayoengìl aylì'uti (http://learnnavi.org/navi-vocabulary/) ke tsun fwamw.

Sran, it was nice to be able to search the vocabulary page.  Is there a way to do that now that I have forgotten?
Learn how to see.  Realize that everything connects to everything else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

Kekerusey

Very nice ... slick & modern looking  ;D

I even love the picture ... very appropriate considering we're all learning, LOL!

Keke
Kekerusey (Not Dead [Undead])
"Keye'ung lu nì'aw tì'eyng mì-kìfkey lekye'ung :)"
Geekanology, UK Atheist &
The "Science, Just Science" Campaign (A Cobweb)

Plumps

Mipa tìlamìri sunu oer nìtxan. :D

Quote from: Alyara Arati on September 30, 2012, 07:55:36 AM
Quote from: Tsyesìka on September 30, 2012, 06:13:47 AM
Kop, ayoengal aylì'uti (http://learnnavi.org/navi-vocabulary/) ke tsun fwamew.

Sran, it was nice to be able to search the vocabulary page.  Is there a way to do that now that I have forgotten?

sran, fko tsun sivar strg+F stum mì fra-browser fte ngivop txayot tìfwusewä. taluna fralì'ul tok tsenget a'aw nì'aw, ke layu kea sìngäzìk fwa run sat.

Yes, you can use strg+F in most browsers to create a search field (in Apple it's cmd+F). Since all entries are on one page, you shouldn't have any problems in finding them.

Niri Te

There is no way that this damaged brain will ever write Na'vi tike the people on top of me did, but I think that it is a cool idea.  Niri Te
Tokx alu tawtute, Tirea Le Na'vi

Swoka Ikran

Looks nice :) Also, that picture is a hilarious but appropriate choice for a learning site. ;D

My only suggestion: The blank space around the search box and title needs to be smaller. On 1024x768 resolution, the navbar is almost off the bottom of the page. Same could be argued for the space between the navbar and the "Kaltxì! Welcome to..."
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Txantslusam Skxawng

Awesome! Better put the webadress in my favourites!
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Blue Elf

Great! As I'm going directly to forum's login page, I was not on main page for a long time and now I'm surprised in very pleasant way. And finally we got correct logo ;)
Seems that download page was changed significantly, but no problem - just I can't see KP's "Learn Na'vi easy way" workbook. Although it contains some mistakes, still it is great book. It helped me a lot in the past. It should be there.
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Blue Elf

Quote from: Payoang on September 30, 2012, 05:36:58 AM
The launch of the new site also includes the re-implementation of the store for the last 20 remaining hand-made one-of-a-kind LearnNavi shirts. They are the last of their kind and likely won't ever be sold again. First come, first serve!
I just placed the order, although "Eywa ngahu" shirt is not my size. But I hope my mother or my wife's mother will be able to make it correct. I'm looking forward to it like a little boy ;D
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

judytuna

It's beautiful! Great work fish =)

Vawmataw

Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Tìtstewan

It looks really good! :)
I like it.

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Kamean

Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Prrton

It LOOKS fantastic, but I'm weeping (bucket loads) for the loss of the number calculator.

Can that come back somewhere?

RUTXE!!

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Prrton on September 30, 2012, 06:15:03 PM
It LOOKS fantastic, but I'm weeping (bucket loads) for the loss of the number calculator.
Do you mean this? http://learnnavi.org/navi-numbers/

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Prrton

Quote from: Swoka Ikran on September 30, 2012, 07:50:04 PM
Quote from: Prrton on September 30, 2012, 06:15:03 PM
Do you mean this? http://learnnavi.org/navi-numbers/

Srane! Mi teiok!*

Seiyi irayo.*

Swoka Ikran