Our own Jane MacMillian stands tall and blue at Worldcon!

Started by `Eylan Ayfalulukanä, August 20, 2011, 04:08:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jane MacMillan

Someone was there from Weta? Oh man, now I really regret missing that panel. That was the day I slept in and went out for breakfast, so I didn't make it.  :(

Txura Rolyu

I would also fall in Love with a pretty girl who would dress Na'vi as well.  ;D
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: Jane MacMillan on August 23, 2011, 08:04:09 PM
Someone was there from Weta? Oh man, now I really regret missing that panel. That was the day I slept in and went out for breakfast, so I didn't make it.  :(

It was Norman Cates. I went back and looked at the eclectic list of panels he was on, and concluded he is quite the multifaceted individual. The makeup workshop was on Thursday 1-3 PM (number 880 in your program), and was an extension of #770, beginning makeup, which began at noon. His other programs looked at how religion and SF can happily meet (650)(One of many panels I missed due to conflicts), how a sci-fi convention was arranged for Reno by essentially non-Renoians (1200), a look in retropspect at the Lord of the Rings trilogy (1400), and a WETA Workshop panel (3515).

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

'Oma Tirea

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Jane MacMillan on August 23, 2011, 01:42:43 PM
@Ftiafpi: My Na'vi is not that good, but I did use a little of it in my presentation and I remembered to tell the judges "oe irayo seiyi ayngaru".

Oh that's fine, I'm glad you were able to thank the judges nìna'vi. I hope you continue to cosplay as a Na'vi whenever you get the chance.

P.S. Love the sanhì, they end up being the perfect in the UV light. Great dancing as well, seemed like you were having a great time.

Jane MacMillan

What the formalwear picture doesn't show is all the white glitter I put on my face and shoulders. I decided that if human women use blush in their makeup, Na'vi women should use glitter to mimic bright sanhì.  ;D

I'm definitely going to be Na'vi for our next clan meetup; after that depends on how much makeup I have left and what events are going on nearby.

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Quote from: 'Oma Tirea on August 24, 2011, 12:20:44 AM
Quote from: Nyx on August 23, 2011, 03:49:01 PM
Quote from: Jane MacMillan on August 23, 2011, 01:42:43 PM
That's my new favorite Na'vi pic :D

Mllte that pic is wìn nìtxan :D

Mllte oe nìteng!!!! That dress looks great and I think the paint just complements It!

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Human No More

Txantsan! ;D

A very well done costume too :)

Quote from: Teyl Maktoyu Ayfìwopxä on August 23, 2011, 06:40:39 AM
To be fair, on the last pictures, she looks best, an Avatar woman in human outfit, she looks cute  :-[
I wish I'd ever find a girl who'd do that. :-( For me that'd be love on first sight.  ::)
I know the feeling :'(
I've looked, but in vain.
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

AketuanNavi

Awesome costume!  One of the best I have seen for sure.   :)

Quote from: Teyl Maktoyu Ayfìwopxä on August 23, 2011, 06:40:39 AM
To be fair, on the last pictures, she looks best, an Avatar woman in human outfit, she looks cute  :-[
I wish I'd ever find a girl who'd do that. :-( For me that'd be love on first sight.  ::)

definitely.

Alyara Arati

Quote from: Jane MacMillan on August 24, 2011, 11:59:46 AM
What the formalwear picture doesn't show is all the white glitter I put on my face and shoulders. I decided that if human women use blush in their makeup, Na'vi women should use glitter to mimic bright sanhì.  ;D

Brilliant (no pun intended) though!  Great pictures, especially the red dress complementing the blue skin.  Seykxel sì nitram on the win!
Learn how to see.  Realize that everything connects to everything else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci