Sam and Zoë officially on board for 2, 3 and 4!

Started by Toruk Makto, January 14, 2014, 05:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toruk Makto

The official announcement is going out now that Sam Worthington and Zoë Saldana will be back for all of the sequels.  Not unexpected, but it is now a a certainty.

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Tìtstewan

:DTEWTI! :D

...posted in the German section too!

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

archaic

Great, as good as Setven Lang is, "Avatar2: Just Quaritch" might have been a bit sucky.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Toruk Makto

As much as I admire Steven Lang, we cant let Quaritch win!

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Toruk Makto on January 14, 2014, 05:53:35 PM
Mllte oe!
Sorry, I can't let my fingers... lol

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: Toruk Makto on January 14, 2014, 05:53:35 PM

Hopefully, he'll be duking it out (unsuccessfully!) with Eywa for a long time to come! ;)

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Kiyevame Ikran

How did Quaritch managed to resurrect while he was shot by two massive poisonous arrows to the heart by Neytiri?
Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Kiyevame Ikran on January 15, 2014, 08:04:20 AM
How did Quaritch managed to resurrect while he was shot by two massive poisonous arrows to the heart by Neytiri?
Yeah, that was discussed here:
http://forum.learnnavi.org/avatar-2/stephen-lang-will-be-back/

Kamean

Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Kiyevame Ikran

Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random

archaic

Quote from: Tìtstewan on January 15, 2014, 08:06:16 AM
Quote from: Kiyevame Ikran on January 15, 2014, 08:04:20 AM
Yeah, that was discussed here:
http://forum.learnnavi.org/avatar-2/stephen-lang-will-be-back/

Kiyevame Ikran

oh...I see...actually Neytiri brought a lot of arrows with her not to mention she also fired the arrows in the off scene (in a war you should fire the arrows eventhough the camera is not filming you) ..it looks like she only brought few arrow

archaic

We get a tantalizing look at her quiver, it looks like she enters the battle with four.
We know she fired two, but as she ends up on the deck with three, that doesn't add up.
Either she acquired one more some how, or she fired all four, left the battle field for more arrows and then returned to the fray.
This possibly happened more than once.

So either she stopped off for just one single arrow, or she fired several more than we saw.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

There is no way that the arrows that Quaritch took could miss the heart and/or major arteries. They were pretty much dead-center on the mid to lower chest, and the great blood vessels run right down the center. It is even likely that those arrow broke Quaritch's back, or at least severely damaged it. As far as bleeding goes, we didn't see Quaritch for very long after the hits, plus the presence of the arrows would have blocked a lot of blood loss. We must also remember the ratings on this film would not allow the sight of a lot of the bleeding that would really happen. If you combine all this with the toxic nature of the air and its likely effect on wounds, I can't envision any way Quaritch would have lived.

Yawey ngahu!

archaic

Quote from: Jake Sully .....
They can fix a spinal, if you've go the money.

Internal organs are not set in stone, there is degree of natural variation, the amount of blood loss would suggest that the two arrows miraculously missed the heart and major blood vessels. One hundred forty one years of medical research is going to have radically improved major trauma survivability.
I acknowledge that it is a stretch, but it is just within the scope of possibility that Col Q. could have survived this, but only just.
Shattered ribs one side plus one damaged and collapsed lung, with attendant blood loss. The toxic atmosphere would likely inhibit infection.
Remember this is sci-fi.

Kiyevame Ikran

Yeah...its a sci-fi movie. If they can ressurect Quaritch, but why not Tommy?
Yeah...its a sci-fi.movie. Putting Quaritch in a healing machine like in the Elysium movie?

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Kiyevame Ikran on January 16, 2014, 05:30:23 PM
Yeah...its a sci-fi.movie. Putting Quaritch in a healing machine like in the Elysium movie?

In keeping with the rules of the established mythology. I suspect that if Quaritch were to return, that he could have been a Human Avatar not entirely dissimilar to the Na'vi Avatars. He was obviously willing to take bigger risks because it was not his own body and person in jeopardy.

It would be better than using drones, How could he not spot a tactical advantage such a use of the technology?

;D
私は太った男だ。

archaic

Tommy may have lain dead for a couple of days before he was found, for all we know.

Think of the mass of that many amnio tanks!
Or were you thinking just a drone for Quatritch, not one each for all the troopers?
Personally I think he was just mad, his rage blinding him to the dangers.

Blue Elf

Quote from: Txur'Itan on January 16, 2014, 05:55:34 PM
Quote from: Kiyevame Ikran on January 16, 2014, 05:30:23 PM

In keeping with the rules of the established mythology. I suspect that if Quaritch were to return, that he could have been a Human Avatar not entirely dissimilar to the Na'vi Avatars. He was obviously willing to take bigger risks because it was not his own body and person in jeopardy.
Well, I think something like this too. If they take some DNA samples from his body, maybe it's possible to create some kind of avatar using them...
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

I would have left him for the aynantang to finish off.

Yawey ngahu!