SatNav and ITV

Started by Taronyu, November 11, 2010, 03:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taronyu

Ma 'eylan Ayfalulukanä, Thanks for the note of appreciation. Glad that the garmin thing is working! I wouldn't suggest looking too closely at the pronunciation, though, it may not be  the best in places.

:)

Ftiafpi

Ma Taronyu fu tuteo, can you provide some samples of the audio, I'm really curious to know how it came out and what it sounds like.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: Taronyu on November 27, 2010, 04:51:18 AM
Ma 'eylan Ayfalulukanä, Thanks for the note of appreciation. Glad that the garmin thing is working! I wouldn't suggest looking too closely at the pronunciation, though, it may not be  the best in places.

:)

That said, you did a lot of things right. One thing that seems to catch me is not noticing r's, to 'flip' them. There is an R at the end of ftär I have been 'missing' for a long time, and not flipping it. Listening to the Satnav quickly fixed that.

I know you had to 'stretch' the meanings of a lot of words to make this work. IMHO, that is better than no Na`vi-in-a-Satnav at all!

In any case, I'll be on the lookout for mispronunciations as well. I'll consider it to be a practical test of listening skills.

For those interested, there is a free tool offered by Garmin where you can create your own voice for a Satnav. But I don't think I will be able to outdo what has already been done, for at least a good while.

Irayo nìmun!

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Le'eylan

Krro krro pamrel seri fìtsengmì, alu oey pìlok leNa'vi
Sometimes writing here, on my Na'vi blog
=^● ⋏ ●^=

'Oma Tirea

Fì'u lu sìltsan... txo tìpuslltxe lu sìltsan nìteng :P
This device is nice... if only the speech was better :P

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Taronyu

Ma Ftiafpi, I can't. I don't have the audio, and it would be a breach of contract for me to post it, I believe. In any event, it would have gotten the sound dude in trouble.

That video shows you, though! Thanks for uploading it! I've been wondering what it sounded like.

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Taronyu on November 28, 2010, 05:32:43 AM
Ma Ftiafpi, I can't. I don't have the audio, and it would be a breach of contract for me to post it, I believe. In any event, it would have gotten the sound dude in trouble.

That video shows you, though! Thanks for uploading it! I've been wondering what it sounded like.

Oh, that's fine, that video was exactly what I was looking for.

This sounds great! It came out better than I could have hoped and sounds very professional. Your voice sounds great for the directions and is very clear and easy to understand. Also, as a plus, it sounded very...movie-like. What I mean is to the untrained ear this will sound great and I hope this is a real hit for the Na'vi language. I wonder how many people have downloaded this for their Garmin?

I really wish I had a Garmin now, this would be so much fun. I wonder if there is a way I could add this into my own GPS?

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

I seem to be hearing the word 'set' a lot, but don't see it on the list. Is this word supposed to be on the list?

Yawey ngahu!

Taronyu

I think I changed a bit of the words while doing it to be more accurate. It's possible I added 'now' now and again...

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: Taronyu on November 29, 2010, 07:55:13 AM
I think I changed a bit of the words while doing it to be more accurate. It's possible I added 'now' now and again...

That would explain why it is on some prompts and not on others.

Yawey ngahu!

Puvomun

Quote from: Taronyu on November 11, 2010, 03:52:04 PM
Here is the list of the Garmin words we translated. There may be one of two errors. Pxasik, if so.
Crikey, why do I only discover this now? HRH!!
I've almost figured out half the words, though, just by listening and watching the display. WOOT!
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Payoang

Kì'eyawn

eo Eywa oe 'ia

Fra'uri tìyawnur oe täpivìng nìwotx...

Seze

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

'Oma Tirea

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Taronyu

That's awesome.

Wow.

Best portrait of me. Ever.

On another note, I wonder why one of the commenters thinks that "the voice is all wrong." I didn't think the pronunciation was all that bad. (The trilled r, sure.) I assume she means the voice quality - which is odd, if you think about it. The Na'vi would have deeper voices than we do, for a start - my voice is probably more like what the Na'vi would have sounded like than their own human voices in the movie...

Ekirä

Quote from: Taronyu on December 06, 2010, 06:31:21 AM
That's awesome.

Wow.

best portrait of me. Ever.

On another note, I wonder why the artist thinks that "the voice is all wrong." I didn't think the pronunciation was all that bad. (The trilled r, sure.) I assume she means the voice quality - which is odd, if you think about it. The Na'vi would have deeper voices than we do, for a start - my voice is probably more like what the Na'vi would have sounded like than their own human voices in the movie...

It's not the artist that thinks it's wrong, it's some random dA commenter. :P >:(

Taronyu

Quote from: Ekirä on December 06, 2010, 06:39:01 AM
Quote from: Taronyu on December 06, 2010, 06:31:21 AM

It's not the artist that thinks it's wrong, it's some random dA commenter. :P >:(

Realised that afterwards. My bad.

In that case:

Ekirä

I LOVE that. ^^^^ And it's happened to me so many times... ::)

Ftiafpi

Yea, the DA joke refers to the Navi GPS, not our Na'vi voice for the Garmin. Though, I think it totally works either way.