Sneak peek at the characters in 'TORUK - The First Flight'

Started by Toruk Makto, September 24, 2015, 04:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toruk Makto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gucR_Hw09Y

"During the creation of TORUK – The First Flight by Cirque du Soleil, artists work in pairs to create the characters of Ralu, Entu and Tsyal. Watch while these duos explain how two heads are better than one as their characters come to life during rehearsals. When two artists share a character, they get to watch their ""second self"" at work, feed off each other, and stretch their own limits. It's an opportunity to see both the forest AND the trees.

Pendant la création de TORUK – Le premier envol du Cirque du Soleil, des artistes travaillent en tandem pour créer les personnages de Ralu, Entu et Tsyal. Voyez-les raconter en quoi deux têtes valent mieux qu'une quand on développe un personnage. En travaillant ainsi en duos, ils peuvent non seulement observer l'autre, mais aussi repousser leurs propres limites tout en se nourrissant l'un l'autre. C'est l'occasion de voir à la fois l'arbre ET la forêt.

TORUK – The First Flight, inspired by James Cameron's AVATAR, a live experience by Cirque du Soleil, envisions a world beyond imagination set thousands of years before the events depicted in the film. The word Toruk, in the Na'vi language, refers to the great leonopteryx, the mighty red and orange predator that rules the Pandoran sky. Central in Na'vi lore and culture, this fascinating creature is crucial to the Na'vi clans' sense of destiny and interconnectedness – and is about to be ridden for the very first time by a Na'vi.

Des milliers d'années avant l'intrigue du film AVATAR de James Cameron dont il est inspiré, TORUK – Le premier envol, le spectacle du Cirque du Soleil, évoque un monde qui dépasse l'imagination. Le spectacle tire son nom du grand leonopteryx – toruk, en langue Na'vi –, ce redoutable prédateur rouge et jaune qui règne dans le ciel de Pandora. Figure prédominante des légendes et de la culture Na'vi, cette fascinante créature, qu'un Na'vi chevauchera pour la toute première fois, joue un rôle déterminant dans la destinée des clans Na'vi et dans leur sentiment profond d'interconnexion.

Please do not share this outside of the LearnNavi community until after CdS releases the video publicly on Monday, September 29th.  Irayo!

-Markì

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Toliman

Tìtstewan

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

CyanRachel

Awesome video! Irayo to CdS for sharing this with us Avatar fans first!  :D

I like the names of the three main Na'vi characters, and the Na'vi concept art. Also, it was cool to see a part of a Pa'li (Direhorse) "puppet" in action along with the performers.  :)
Your love shines the way into paradise.
Avatar Ten Year Anniversary (Dec 18, 2009 - Dec 18, 2019)

Fiyerwall (Txepkxemyo)

CdS is being so awesome to us! I love it when companies take a personal interest in a fan base. It makes everything that much more special and exciting.  :)

:palulukan:
When you see nothing, you see everything.
There's a picture of me on Laz Alonso's phone next to James Cameron's phone number. HELL YEAH!!

Hahaw[hhvhhvcz]

Quote from: Tìtstewan on September 24, 2015, 06:02:18 PM

Nìtxan!
Oeri nìtxan nìteng nang! :D

CdS is very good in hearing of us and I'm very pleased that they share it with us first.
I hope, one day, they will come to Europe and I will be albe to see this super cool show.  :ikran: 8)
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
  • Worth: $1551 ($396 with sales) (updated 17.3.16)
  • Games owned: 97
  • Games not played: 34 (35%)
  • Hours on record: 1,825.3h

Toliman

Quote from: Hahaw[hhvhhvcz] on September 25, 2015, 02:22:43 PM
I hope, one day, they will come to Europe and I will be albe to see this super cool show.  :ikran: 8)

I also hope  :)

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Rusikxa relìri, Irayo nìtxan lu ne CdS!

This gives us a tantalizing taste of what to expect!

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Wind12

fì'u lu TXANTSAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Irayo!!! :) :) :)

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Ma Wind12, do you think you will be able to make it next year?

Yawey ngahu!

Wind12

I hope so, I also have a tentative plan to see it when its in KC in April with another AVATAR tsmukan, since that is only 50 miles from me. The big thing about next year that has my eyebrows raised is if I have to fly into Raleigh( tentative assumption) there are no direct flights from KC to that airport. :p

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

But then again, almost every flight of any distance involves a connection, so that doesn't surprise me. I am very fortunate if I get a nonstop ticket to anywhere. (Besides, I like my flights to stop, preferably at the destination ;)  ).

I am hoping that the Feline Conservation Federation meets in the Raleigh area next summer. It is one of the tentative locations discussed at last year's annual BoD meeting. They usually meet about the same time that we plan to be in Raleigh for Toruk, so that could mean attending both events with just one flight :) And the tentative venue they are planning to meet at has many falulukan (lions)! We'll know, probably in January, where and when next years' meeting will be.

If things don't work, it looks like there is the possibility of a mini meetup in Denver sometime next summer as well. I know you have been there :)

Yawey ngahu!

Wind12

Thats cool about the Feline Conservation meeting,  I hope it works well for you :D

As for my flights, so far I have been able to get a non-stop flight for the last two meets, so i have been lucky in that requard, i just dont know if you have to go and get your luggage at the layover airport, and check it in at the layover airport and get back through security, or if the luggage is sent to the final destination and you just have to find your gate at the layover airport.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Ma Wind12, normally, when you take a flight with a connection, you check your baggage at the airport you first fly out of, and it is handled for you until you get to your final destination. When changing planes, you usually don't have to go through security again, because you are already within the secure area of the airport. (There are a few exceptions to this, such as some flights at JFK or LAX). When you initally check in, you usually get boarding passes for all the flights on that trip, so you don't have to re check-in for the connecting flight. If you book a flight online, they usually will alert you if there is something unusual about your itinerary. They will also warn you about 'illegal connections'-- connections between different major airlines or too short a time between connecting flights. They are 'illegal' because there might be luggage handling delays, or you don't have enough time to get between gates. (some people actually prefer working illegal connections because it allows a unique itinerary or reduces costs. These work best if you have no luggage to check.)

I have traveled dozens of times by air, and have rarely had any issues, even on flights that had more than one connecting flight.

Depending on where you live, you also might consider taking the train. Travel by rail (Amtrak) is a lot of fun, relaxing, and you get huge, comfortable seats. (Most people just sleep in their seats, which helps hold costs down.) You can enjoy the scenery (and most routes have an observation car that is almost all windows), and get food any time you like. Its also a good way to make new friends. I travel by rail now, any time that it is practical.

Yawey ngahu!

Wind12

^Irayo ma tsmukan, that makes me feel better then :) I have thought about the train and it sounds fun, i guess it depends on where others will be arriving mostly( easiest place to arrive at to meet others for local transportan :)) Also the shorter time the plane takes helps with cutting the amount of time needed to be off work. Its going to be an awesome experience, being that i have to work during all the holidays this year( most likely) im really going to be looking forward to this. :)