It's 2017! Welcome to new Na'vi friends!

Started by Toruk Makto, February 01, 2017, 12:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toruk Makto

Kaltxì, friends!

The long-awaited re-kindling of the Avatar franchise is beginning. The Cirque du Soliel show, "Toruk - The First Flight", is still wowing audiences, Disney's "Pandora - The World of Avatar" is opening this summer, "Avatar: Discover Pandora" global exhibition opened this past December in Taiwan, the announcement that the scripts for the next four Avatar films are complete with filming beginning in August, and the new series of Avatar comic books from Dark Horse Comics was revealed today.

With all of the new publicity and exposure, many people are becoming aware of the Na'vi language for the first time and are navigating to LearnNavi.org to find out more. If this is you, then welcome! Thank you for being here!

A little background...  LearnNavi.org was started soon after the first Avatar movie was released in 2009. Since then, thousands of fans have not just learned about the Na'vi constructed language, but are contributing to its continuing development. Strong friendships have been forged, cultures have been bridged and language barriers have been overcome. Our community is uniquely inclusive and friendly - and productive as well. The creator of the Na'vi language, Dr. Paul Frommer, has engaged our members to assist in developing the language further, as well as being part of our family himself. As a side note, the cooperative development of a constructed language by an internet-driven, global community like ours, is unprecedented. The Na'vi language is truly a product of a connected world of talented and passionate fans. The hundreds of thousands of posts in this forum by thousands of members are testament to seven years' history of this community. Browsing these posts is a fascinating journey into the fan world of Avatar.

And... We've had a lot of help from the creators of Avatar. The filmmakers at Lightstorm Entertainment have supported the Avatar fan community beyond belief, by actively supporting the many annual AvatarMeets and by their intentional focus on the fans of their franchise. Avatar is a storyworld done right. We applaud James Cameron, Jon Landau and everyone at Lightstorm for their vision and consider it a great pleasure to be a part of that world.  We hope you will find rewards that so many others have found in our fan community.

Makto ko!

- Mark Miller,
   LearnNavi.org Administrator

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Wind12

Atkxìn

Toliman

CyanRachel

Indeed, Makto ko!  :D

And Markì, you can add to your above list the "Avatar: Discover Pandora" global exhibition that opened this past Dec 2016 in Taiwan.  :ikran:
Your love shines the way into paradise.
Avatar Ten Year Anniversary (Dec 18, 2009 - Dec 18, 2019)

Toruk Makto

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

nickilo

Hello Guys! I am a new member here, I hope you welcome me... I am from Philippines

I also like to share to you a video with regards to AVATAR 2 movie... i found this video in youtube...I really want you to check it out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhISnV0xSrs

Toliman

Quote from: nickilo on May 28, 2017, 05:43:09 AM
Hello Guys! I am a new member here, I hope you welcome me... I am from Philippines
Kaltxì ulte zola'u nìprrte' ma nickilo :)

Toruk Makto

Welcome, Nickilo and thanks for sharing the video. Folks are pretty excited about the new Pandora land at Disney. In fact, the annual AvatarMeet will be held there in November and should be a real treat!

- Markì

Mako

Zola'u nìprrte' nang! We're glad to have those who have already joined and we're glad to have anyone just joining :)