Say WHAT? (Re: fìsanri si san nìNa'vi)

Started by omängum fra'uti, December 24, 2009, 04:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omängum fra'uti

I figured I'd start things off and see who was up to the challenge of having a thread only in Na'vi.  I came up with fìsan (this-quote) as the best I could think of off the top of my head to describe a forum thread, in case you're wondering.

Thread in Na'vi

The post says...

QuoteSubject: Thread for speaking (Making quotes) in Na'vi
We know Na'vi but we talk English in here.  Let's see that knowledge in action (kempe = what action, so kem = action) and speak Na'vi in here (this thread).

Please don't speak English in here (this thread).

If you feel brave let's see some Na'vi!

Edit: If you must speak english, you can in that thread

In case you absolutely must say something not in Na'vi about a post in that thread, please do it in this thread instead.
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Txur’Itan

How about, MY BRAIN HURTS!

I need to be speaking this.

Reading it is hard when sounds are a bit uncertain for me.
私は太った男だ。

Brainiac

speaking of which:
I couldn't figure out for the life of me what http://forum.learnnavi.org/index.php?topic=175.msg2235;topicseen#msg2235 is.
On an unrelated note: how would I change the name of a hyperlink?
Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Brainiac on December 24, 2009, 07:23:32 AM
speaking of which:
I couldn't figure out for the life of me what http://forum.learnnavi.org/index.php?topic=175.msg2235;topicseen#msg2235 is.
On an unrelated note: how would I change the name of a hyperlink?

I pretty much more or less asserted the meanings from derived root forms.

and lik sub SOME LINK

take what you have for posting a URL
-> [ <- url= HTTP://whaterver.goes.here -> ] <- ANY THING YOU WANT HERE -> [ /url -> ] <-
私は太った男だ。

Coda

Quote from: Lì'uyä täftxuyu on December 24, 2009, 07:23:32 AM
speaking of which:

I took a crack at it, just to see if I could.  Aside from that doozy of a sentence, it's pretty straightforward.

QuoteKaltxì, ma smuktu.
Hello, friends.

QuoteNe Lì'uSempul (ngopyu lìfyayä Na'viyä) lì'utìtäftxurenuti tiveswotìng ayoengru pol a ätxäle lu a nìNa'vi 'upxareti fpive' ayoeng a txeleri aymokri ayngeyä lu 'úpe?
to word-father (creator word-way's Na'vi's) grammar NOM-grant us it request is with Na'vi-ish message for the sake of us with subject voices our is what?

I'm not sure how to parse this into English exactly (that's a hell of a sentence), but Prrton seems to be saying we shouldn't wait for Frommer to release a Na'viyan grammar.

QuoteSrung sivi tupe?
help can do who?
Who can help us?

QuoteAyoengri 'Awsiteng kivllkxem ulte fì'upxareti ngivop fyape?
we together can stand and this message can create how?
How can we stand together and create this message?

QuoteAyoengyä eyktanri krr sì tirea atxur nìtam livu pesuru?
our leader time do spirit strong enough can be who?
Who can have a strong enough spirit to be our leader now?

QuoteFì'uti sngä'i a 'awpo lu srak?
this thing to start one person be yes/no?
Can one person start this thing?

QuoteFìfya'oìlä ayoeng tivìran peyfa?
this path following us proliferate by wait?
Will we proliferate by following this path and waiting?

QuoteFìtìsreuri alaksì pesu lu?
this dance ready who is?
Who is ready for this dance?

Interesting neologisms Prrton has come up with here:
li'usempul - word-father - Dr. Frommer, himself.  I imagine he'd be flattered by such a title.

lì'utìtäftxurenuti - word-NOM-weave-pattern-NOM - grammar.  Kind of a mouthful, but then again, Na'vi don't have a written language, or even other languages to compare their own to, aside from 'inglisi.  After all, with access to the memories in ayutral Amokriya, their language must be remarkably static over the centuries.  I imagine it was quite a shock for them when midgets came down from the sky and started speaking gibberish.

lìfya - word-way - language.  Nice, considering that canonically the only way to say "I speak Na'vi" is to say "I speak like one of the people."  Makes sense - if Na'vi is the only language you know of, why bother having a word for language at all?

Brainiac

Quote from: vidvamp01 on December 24, 2009, 12:08:38 PM
and lik sub SOME LINK

take what you have for posting a URL
-> [ <- url= http://whaterver.goes.here -> ] <- ANY THING YOU WANT HERE -> [ /url -> ] <-

Fanks  ;D
Quote from: Coda on December 28, 2009, 02:38:27 AM
Quote from: Lì'uyä täftxuyu on December 24, 2009, 07:23:32 AM
speaking of which:

I took a crack at it, just to see if I could.  Aside from that doozy of a sentence, it's pretty straightforward.

QuoteKaltxì, ma smuktu.
Hello, friends.

And You too :D

Irayo, both of you (untill we have a dual 2nd person, like menga, which sounds like a fruit  ;D)
Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.