Learn Na'vi > nìNa'vi Practice Conversations

Random Practice from internal thoughts

<< < (2/3) > >>

Vayrufkay:
Ah, I see.

I probably should've specified that the first one was actually a "Talking to oneself" kind of deal like, "Okay, me, let's do this!" I'm a terrible Space Metronome when it comes to remembering to specify things.  :facepalm:

Anyway, writing down what I haven't yet in my grammar book and update the post with the corrections.

Blue Elf:

--- Quote from: FadeSolWeeks on May 16, 2017, 11:11:03 am ---Ah, I see.

I probably should've specified that the first one was actually a "Talking to oneself" kind of deal like, "Okay, me, let's do this!" I'm a terrible Space Metronome when it comes to remembering to specify things.  :facepalm:

Anyway, writing down what I haven't yet in my grammar book and update the post with the corrections.

--- End quote ---
Well, I think this explanation doesn't change anything - even when you speak to yourself, you speak to you as to another person. And in this case omitting "nga" is even better.
One note I forgot to add: in "livu tstew", <iv> is optional, as there is no modal verb. In this case <iv> is understood  as polite command, what was case especially in "old" Na'vi. But it is still used this way in present too, although less often.

Vayrufkay:
Ah, okay. I see now.

I'll add more thoughts when I think of them and have the urge to translate them.  ;D

EDIT: Got new thought!

Ringo lopx alo apxevomrr trram! Keftxo...

SpoilerRingo panicked twenty nine times yesterday! How sad... (Might've been watching too much Puyo Puyo Tetris cutscenes for this. ... In which, Ringo DOES panic a total of 29 times. Since there really isn't a value for 29 in Na'vi, had to round up the number. Kawnu corrected me on the numeral value.)

kawnu:
Ringo lopx alo apxevomrr trram. Mesrram is two days ago (me+trram). There sure is 29 in Na'vi, pxevomrr. Not sure where you got pivol, but 30 is pxevopu.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Vayrufkay:
Ah, got it. The first one was a lapse in memory... As to the second.... That why I need not to cross notes on my grammar stuff for numbers. X_x

Fixing now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version