I See You: Na'vi translation

Started by Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan, January 12, 2010, 12:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

I'm currently working on a Na'vi translation of the Avatar theme song. There's a lot to do and as I'm just a beginner, I'm sure there's a lot of errors in it. Anyway, I'd like to have your opinions about a little issue there is before I can release anything.

What is the best way to translate the words that doesn't exist in Na'vi yet? Should I create them using my best guess from the dictionary, should we vote for them in the forum or should I just wait until we have a bigger vocabulary and finish the translation at that time?

Some of them include: breathing, birth, anymore and shine.

EDIT: The file is available in one of my posts down there....
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

kintìomum

I think yuo can find a lot of words -or close translations- with the help of the other forum users (thinking about the "I'll go and take a shower"-translation in the german part... it was quite interesting to see the development of an adequate representation for shower).

I'll set my grey matter on this. Perhaps I can come up with some solutions.
kintìomum : curiosity (lit.: need knowledge)

"You don't dream in cryo" they say. Good! Imagine a 6-year-nightmare!

All Things Avatar: AIM for us on twitter!

Thanks for the help! If you want, I can attach my actual work.
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

I've decided to post it as a pdf so every one can read it. Not sure about the grammar though... I'd love if some one could correct me  :)

kintìomum

Downloaded, will see through it tomorrow.
(And ask others for help when (hrr, more as soon as) I'm unsure)
kintìomum : curiosity (lit.: need knowledge)

"You don't dream in cryo" they say. Good! Imagine a 6-year-nightmare!

All Things Avatar: AIM for us on twitter!

I see that many people downloaded the file. That's nice but as I said, it is a draft. I'd like to have your opinion and would like it very much if an experimented Na'vi speaker could give a hand.

Mirri

Ngaya poanìl new mune 'uti: hrrap sì uvan. Talun poanìl new ayfoeti -- ayfo lu lehrrap ayu leuvan.