Full Body Synchronizing

Started by Txur Txe’lan, January 23, 2010, 03:52:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txur Txe’lan

I wanted to share with you all something that i experienced which was truly amazing. I bought the soundtrack about 3 days ago and every night iv been doing this before i go to sleep. I call it Body Synchronizing and its when your able to connect with the music at a very deep emotional level. Its hard to describe what it feels like... it recreates the same emotions you felt when you watched the movie for the first time, just at a much deeper level because you make your own visualizations. i think its something that everyone should try to experience. i was literally crying when i was done, and that was the first time i had cried in years. ill tell you how i do it and hopefully you too will be able to experience it.

• First off, you need to be in a very dark, quiet room. Pitch black if possible, try to block off all light sources. it also helps if the room is  little cool, but not uncomfortably cool.
  • Second, you need to be fully relaxed. this is one of the harder parts cause most people don't know how to fully relax them selfs. its most easily done when your tired or sleepy.
  • Third, you will need to lay down, preferably on a very comfortable bed. lay on your back and try to face straight up. now comes the parts that may be different for everyone. you going to want to have the soundtrack on your ipod/mp3 and set the volume  a little higher that what your used to. its best if you use high quality earphones if you have them. i have a pair of $100 earphones, so it literally sounds like the music is coming from inside my head rather than my ears.
  • Now you almost ready to sync yourself. usually at this point you would start the music but i need to explain one more thing. you need to , in a way, cut off blood circulation to your hands and feet/legs. now dont go and put rubber bands all over your body. you can do this over a period of time just my not moving and having your body positioned a certain way. what i do is cross my legs and grab my right thumb with my left hand and lay it across my chest. after about 10-15 min they will fall asleep. don't worry, its completely safe. this is also a good time to adjust your earphones or volume if necessary. note again that when you do you will have already started the music and are attempting to sync while this is happening.
  • Now im going to back up for a moment to explain how i sync to the music. once the music starts, you need to close your eyes. night tightly but just to where they are closed but just barely. now the fun part. you should focus on the music, listening to each individual instrument as it plays, if you can multi-task you can also visualize yourself on pandora; flying through the jungle or w/e you want. doing that helps you to fully relax and you will know when you get to that point. as you continue to do this you will be syncing and you should start to feel chills go through your body. thats how you know its working. the longer you do it the more intense it will be. The chills should com in sync with the music; usually at intense moments/emotional moments or parts you just like. it should feel sort of like having anxiety, but its good anxiety, like when your really looking forward to something that your nevus about. it will start in your chest and flow through your body in waves. i don't know if those are the right words to describe it or not. im not good at expressing emotions.
  • At this point your fully synced, and i need to tell you how to stay synced. you must avoid all movement. moving just a little bit will un-sync you. try to keep your mind focused on the music or your visualizations. don't let it wander. the wort possible thing you can do is open your eyes, even a little bit. it will immediately 100% un-sync you and will take you about 5 min to get back where you were.

Thats pretty much it. hopefully all that made sense to you. just message me if you have questions. hopefully you will have the same experience with it as i did.

Eaite Randjam

This sounds like something I feel sometimes, only to a higher extent.

I get the lesser effect of just brief chills and welling up when I hear great music, especially when I'm playing the music.  If I'm playing with a well rehearsed orchestra and I'm getting highly involved with my part, the emotionally strong parts of the music will impact me very strongly.  However, I think my experience involves an adrenaline rush, and usually by the end of the song I'm physically and emotionally exhausted.

So, I guess that could be seen as a lesser or different type of synchronization, but a little harder to duplicate because you have to be a musician...

Zefanaya

Quote from: Txur Txe'lan on January 23, 2010, 03:52:50 AM
I wanted to share with you all something that i experienced which was truly amazing. I bought the soundtrack about 3 days ago and every night iv been doing this before i go to sleep. I call it Body Synchronizing and its when your able to connect with the music at a very deep emotional level. Its hard to describe what it feels like... it recreates the same emotions you felt when you watched the movie for the first time, just at a much deeper level because you make your own visualizations. i think its something that everyone should try to experience. i was literally crying when i was done, and that was the first time i had cried in years. ill tell you how i do it and hopefully you too will be able to experience it.

• First off, you need to be in a very dark, quiet room. Pitch black if possible, try to block off all light sources. it also helps if the room is  little cool, but not uncomfortably cool.
  • Second, you need to be fully relaxed. this is one of the harder parts cause most people don't know how to fully relax them selfs. its most easily done when your tired or sleepy.
  • Third, you will need to lay down, preferably on a very comfortable bed. lay on your back and try to face straight up. now comes the parts that may be different for everyone. you going to want to have the soundtrack on your ipod/mp3 and set the volume  a little higher that what your used to. its best if you use high quality earphones if you have them. i have a pair of $100 earphones, so it literally sounds like the music is coming from inside my head rather than my ears.
  • Now you almost ready to sync yourself. usually at this point you would start the music but i need to explain one more thing. you need to , in a way, cut off blood circulation to your hands and feet/legs. now dont go and put rubber bands all over your body. you can do this over a period of time just my not moving and having your body positioned a certain way. what i do is cross my legs and grab my right thumb with my left hand and lay it across my chest. after about 10-15 min they will fall asleep. don't worry, its completely safe. this is also a good time to adjust your earphones or volume if necessary. note again that when you do you will have already started the music and are attempting to sync while this is happening.
  • Now im going to back up for a moment to explain how i sync to the music. once the music starts, you need to close your eyes. night tightly but just to where they are closed but just barely. now the fun part. you should focus on the music, listening to each individual instrument as it plays, if you can multi-task you can also visualize yourself on pandora; flying through the jungle or w/e you want. doing that helps you to fully relax and you will know when you get to that point. as you continue to do this you will be syncing and you should start to feel chills go through your body. thats how you know its working. the longer you do it the more intense it will be. The chills should com in sync with the music; usually at intense moments/emotional moments or parts you just like. it should feel sort of like having anxiety, but its good anxiety, like when your really looking forward to something that your nevus about. it will start in your chest and flow through your body in waves. i don't know if those are the right words to describe it or not. im not good at expressing emotions.
  • At this point your fully synced, and i need to tell you how to stay synced. you must avoid all movement. moving just a little bit will un-sync you. try to keep your mind focused on the music or your visualizations. don't let it wander. the wort possible thing you can do is open your eyes, even a little bit. it will immediately 100% un-sync you and will take you about 5 min to get back where you were.

Thats pretty much it. hopefully all that made sense to you. just message me if you have questions. hopefully you will have the same experience with it as i did.

OME i thought no one but me had these experinces when listen to these songs (AVTR Soundtrack) I completely lose all connection with the physical world and can't control what happens to me (while in this stat) and no I am not high it fells as if I am not just connected with the music but the music is a sort of catalysis for me to connect with Pandora if it were real while in this state i have seen parts of the planet and people on Pandora that were not shown in the movie or drawing or anything and I seem to have a strong connection with it one that I almost revert to a primal state it has happened 3 times and I keep a log of the experiences after they end still not high my girl friend who is just as into all of this as I am has had the same experience but we have only had this experience while listening to AVTR sound track (songs 3 through 7) jakes first flight is the most powerful point and this lasts for about 10 to 15 min after those songs and all others have stopped I personally am amazed by how the mind can revert to such a pure state. now fell free to call me a crazy if you want but then you would have to call a lot of other people the same.

Eywa ngahu
AM 2012 - Uniting the Clans Planning Team
Zephaniah Washington - [email protected]

A Furry - FA: Tirey
AMERICANS FOR PROTECTION OF FREE SPEECH

Txur Txe’lan

jakes first flight is no doubt the strongest one for me too. thats the one i usually cry at. i was hoping i wasn't the only one who experienced this, which is why i decided to post something. it really does bring you back to a pure mind state. the world around you just melts way to where its just you, and you really feel like your on pandora.

Quote from: Eaite Randjam on January 23, 2010, 03:02:35 PM
This sounds like something I feel sometimes, only to a higher extent.

I get the lesser effect of just brief chills and welling up when I hear great music, especially when I'm playing the music.  If I'm playing with a well rehearsed orchestra and I'm getting highly involved with my part, the emotionally strong parts of the music will impact me very strongly.  However, I think my experience involves an adrenaline rush, and usually by the end of the song I'm physically and emotionally exhausted.

So, I guess that could be seen as a lesser or different type of synchronization, but a little harder to duplicate because you have to be a musician...

i get that too sometimes. but its not nearly as intense as what i was describing. It is the same sort of experience though and im really glad i have a way now to trigger it at will. This movie has changed my life.

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Quote from: Txur Txe'lan on January 23, 2010, 09:42:18 PM
jakes first flight is no doubt the strongest one for me too. thats the one i usually cry at. i was hoping i wasn't the only one who experienced this, which is why i decided to post something. it really does bring you back to a pure mind state. the world around you just melts way to where its just you, and you really feel like your on pandora.
Jake's first flight does have a lot of emotion in it, the singing in it adds a lot, but my favorite will always be Becoming one with Neytiri, it has the widest range of emotions and experiences which I just love.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Atoki Atanyä

Quote from: Nìwotxkrr Tìyawntsaheylu on January 23, 2010, 09:44:12 PM
Quote from: Txur Txe'lan on January 23, 2010, 09:42:18 PM
Jake's first flight does have a lot of emotion in it, the singing in it adds a lot, but my favorite will always be Becoming one with Neytiri, it has the widest range of emotions and experiences which I just love.

Agreed, I just love listening to Pure Spirits of the Forest, Night Iridescence, Becoming One with Neytiri, Climbing Up Iknimaya and Jake's First Flight. The ordering is perfect, and the tracks just flow into each other.

Becoming One with Neytiri is still quite possibly my favourite. I'm stuck between it and Jake's First Flight. :P
Atoki's Guide to Learning Na'vi: Part One is Here!

Le'tutean

I tend to do something similar quite often while listening to Dream Theater (my favorite band by far  :) ).

I just need to have some time when im alone in the house in the evening. I close the shutters, turn off all the lights in the house, best if neighbors aren't making any noise. So basicly you have a pitch black room, and it's so quiet you hear this silent ringing in your ears.
Now i lay on my bed, but other way around. This is because I sleep with my head in the corner of the room, and there is just too much bass there (bass is lauder in corners). I take something firm under my head and lay flat. I don't do any of those "cutting blood flow" thingies, because those would just annoy me. The point is to be completely cut of from outside sources of sense. And feeling uncomfortable is not really good for this.
If you try this without music, it might feel a bit weird at first, like you're in some kind of void. I also close my eyes and it feels "right" for me, although at first few times, it was strange, like trying to forcing yourself asleep. Now the fun part starts. I have a quite good audio rig in my room (i also have some sweet high quality head phones, but the cord is too short and i prefer to feel the music with all my body). I crank up the volume quite a bit and put on some music and just listen.... literally... just listen. Only thing your body "feels" is music, and you can hear every chord of the song, every instrument, all the things you normally loose. My favorite part is listening to rhythm line (bass mostly, since drums always stand out). You can focus on single instrument and hear it all. The best part is that the music is just flowing through you, and you can physically feel it, and it's soooo deep and clear. 
And after 30 minutes of such experience, I have such an awesome mood, I'm relaxed and refreshed. You should try it, it's well worth it.

Next time instead of Dream Theater, i'll make myself a session of Avatar. TBH I don't know why i haven't thought of this before, so Irayo for putting this idea in my head

Txur Txe’lan

Thats really cool. i didn't think to try it with any of my other music, though i doubt any of them can top the avatar soundtrack. the Kingdom Hearts 2 soundtrack should be an interesting experience. Anyway, im glad you were able to create the situation in a less specific way. In my original post i feel like i made it seem to hard to get to synchronization, but for me all those things happen naturally. i just lay don't and they happen; im not thinking about it. but you should defiantly try it with the avatar soundtrack. let me know how things turn out.

Eywa Ngahu

Hufwe ta'em

I practice that kind of listening music before sleep but i put the deep bass for some drum beat. i focus also on my emotion and doing very deep breath. as an very imaginative person i get into the sync very fast.

Zefanaya

I have been working on controlling the emotions and the way I enter this state and I realize that after exiting this state your mind is almost completely clear and I can sleep much easier and awake fresh I practice a version of this (no where near as intense) during the day to refresh my mind I could see the Na'vi doing something like that.

Eywa ngahu

Eaite Randjam

Quote from: Le'tutean on January 25, 2010, 04:05:35 AM
I tend to do something similar quite often while listening to Dream Theater (my favorite band by far  :) ).

I just need to have some time when im alone in the house in the evening. I close the shutters, turn off all the lights in the house, best if neighbors aren't making any noise. So basicly you have a pitch black room, and it's so quiet you hear this silent ringing in your ears.
Now i lay on my bed, but other way around. This is because I sleep with my head in the corner of the room, and there is just too much bass there (bass is lauder in corners). I take something firm under my head and lay flat. I don't do any of those "cutting blood flow" thingies, because those would just annoy me. The point is to be completely cut of from outside sources of sense. And feeling uncomfortable is not really good for this.
If you try this without music, it might feel a bit weird at first, like you're in some kind of void. I also close my eyes and it feels "right" for me, although at first few times, it was strange, like trying to forcing yourself asleep. Now the fun part starts. I have a quite good audio rig in my room (i also have some sweet high quality head phones, but the cord is too short and i prefer to feel the music with all my body). I crank up the volume quite a bit and put on some music and just listen.... literally... just listen. Only thing your body "feels" is music, and you can hear every chord of the song, every instrument, all the things you normally loose. My favorite part is listening to rhythm line (bass mostly, since drums always stand out). You can focus on single instrument and hear it all. The best part is that the music is just flowing through you, and you can physically feel it, and it's soooo deep and clear. 
And after 30 minutes of such experience, I have such an awesome mood, I'm relaxed and refreshed. You should try it, it's well worth it.

Next time instead of Dream Theater, i'll make myself a session of Avatar. TBH I don't know why i haven't thought of this before, so Irayo for putting this idea in my head
I'm pretty sure this is the kind of experience I feel when I'm playing with an orchestra.  There's something about the way the music moves through you, figuratively and literally.  I'll have to try cranking up my stereo sometime in the way you've described (if I can get the stupid thing to read my CDs...  >:().

So, we have two different methods here now.  I like it!

Esperanto

You guys just be careful not to crank it up too loud... you don't want any hearing damage to hinder your future experiences. (Take it from someone who just had tinnitus from the local theatre showing Avatar WAY too loud... yes it IS possible! :o)
Lu Oeyä Ikranit ulte ayoe 'awsiteng mivakto.

Zefanaya

Kaltxi, I was wondering what in the brain could cause the over whelming feelings and the feeling that you are connected to something else I have had feeling where its like I am connected to all living things or when listening and go through the sync or what I refer to as wireless tsaheylu I have experiences where i get really into the music (my band and a orchestra i play in) but nothing where it is overwhelming where I can not control myself how is this possible?

Eywa ngahu niwotkx Na'vi.

Eaite Randjam

Quote from: Darrigan on January 28, 2010, 04:32:21 PM
You guys just be careful not to crank it up too loud... you don't want any hearing damage to hinder your future experiences. (Take it from someone who just had tinnitus from the local theatre showing Avatar WAY too loud... yes it IS possible! :o)
Ah yes, Never listen to your music too loudly.  I should know this as a musician.  I've had to wear ear-plugs when playing near percussionists, especially snare players in Marching band.  My Uncle has lost hearing because of being a drummer.

So the moral is Moderation.  Listen to your music at a safe level.   :)

Txur Txe’lan

i wear earplugs almost all the time in my band class. i sit right next to the flutes and right in front of the drummers. and in marching band i get to sit right in front of the trumpets.

Quote from: Tirey Hawnuyu on January 28, 2010, 07:23:17 PM
Kaltxi, I was wondering what in the brain could cause the over whelming feelings and the feeling that you are connected to something else I have had feeling where its like I am connected to all living things or when listening and go through the sync or what I refer to as wireless tsaheylu I have experiences where i get really into the music (my band and a orchestra i play in) but nothing where it is overwhelming where I can not control myself how is this possible?

Eywa ngahu niwotkx Na'vi.

i think by shutting out your other senses it makes the emotion stronger and you can really focus on them. i don't think its as much of a part of the brain but your entire brain focusing on that 1 thing.

Atoki Atanyä

Quote from: Txur Txe'lan on January 28, 2010, 11:30:12 PM
i think by shutting out your other senses it makes the emotion stronger and you can really focus on them. i don't think its as much of a part of the brain but your entire brain focusing on that 1 thing.

This is true. It is due to the brain being deprived of stimuli and enhancing the others. I assume this is why certain musicians close their eyes and "flow" with the music they play.

This is a little off topic, but sensory deprivation was driven crazy with an experiment called the Ganzfeld Experiment.

The subject cuts a ping pong ball in half, securing one half over each eye under a red light. They are then made to listen to white noise. This deprives the brain of stimuli, forcing it to generate its own images. These are spectacularly vivid.

Talk about insane.

BACK ON TOPIC,

The syncing idea is interesting, and I'm assuming one of the main factors is relaxation. If you are tense, there is no way this will work. :(

Le'tutean

I still wasn't able to get those bloody 2 hours of being alone in the house, so there goes my wonderful plan...

But I did listen to whole Avatar soundtrack on my headphones last night. In the evening I got my bros awesome chair, sit alone in dark room and listen to this soundtrack.... pretty spectacular   :D and I really enjoyed it. One thing that I found bit annoying, is the difference in volume levels in the songs. There are some parts very quiet, while others are very loud. This wasn't big issue while normally listening to the soundtrack, but on headphones it was not so great. But don't get me wrong, it was still superb.

And about the topic as a whole.... when you're listening while doing other stuff (like I'm listening to Avatar ost while typing this post hehe), you're dividing your attention to other things apart from music. When you're properly listening, and shutting other senses aswell, not only all your perception is on one thing, but it's also much easier to focus on certain details of the music, like picking up bass guitar line from the song, etc.
Quote from: Atoki Atanyä on January 31, 2010, 09:00:10 AM
I assume this is why certain musicians close their eyes and "flow" with the music they play.
Exactly, when you close off one sense, your other ones get sharper. This also happens to people who lost one of their senses permanently. Their other senses get ALOT more sharp and clear.

Little OT:
And if you got a decent audio rig, you will hear many small details. Last night I also put on LOTR "Fellowship of the Ring" soundtrack to listen to "Breaking of the Fellowship" song. There is a part played by transverse flute. I never got this before, but you can actually hear in few moments the metal flaps or other part of the instrument. There is a very silent "click" when the flautist plays. Soo nice to find such small details (maybe i'm just wierd or something haha)

Atoki Atanyä

I had to go to immigration today for an ID card. It took me around two hours, one of which was on the train. I got to just sit there and relax with the music flowing. The best.

Eaite Randjam

Quote from: Atoki Atanyä on January 31, 2010, 09:00:10 AM
This is true. It is due to the brain being deprived of stimuli and enhancing the others. I assume this is why certain musicians close their eyes and "flow" with the music they play.
Yeah, that is if you've memorized your music and you're performing as a soloist.  Ensembles aren't as flexible since we have to keep an eye on the conductor.

I've seen conductors do it though.  Their eyes close and the music moves their body.  Tis pretty cool.