How's avatar's score?

Started by Kisora, January 14, 2010, 08:40:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kisora

hey i have been looking for the score about with not much luck, but anyway...
Just wanted to know a few things,

1. Is it worth the money?
2. What instruments are used?
3. How difficult is it to play?

Some of the questions might be subjective but please do your best to answer them,
Irayo

'Tsamsiyu

It is definitely worth buying, it's a fantastic soundtrack. If you want to look you can find it on Youtube.

It uses all the 'standard' orchestral instruments + some other unusual ones, some of which I don't recognise. It also has lyrics in Na'vi which add to the effect.

In terms of playing... not really sure, I play a few instruments and the closest to the orchestra is Drums/Percussion or Guitar... It took me about 30 seconds to workout the main melody of the soundtrack (the one sung at the start of 'Becoming one of 'the Peoeple', Becoming one with Neytiri'... It's simple in places but very effective.
Tsamsiyu oe lu. Ngeyä krr lu hasey.

'There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much' - Dr. Grace Augustine

'I dreamt I was a Warrior that could bring peace... sooner or later though... you always have to wake up...'

GENERATION 20: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Suteyä Hawnuyu

1. Is it worth the money? The soundtrack runs for about $10.00, and I would say that it is definitely worth it!
2. What instruments are used? Most of the standard orchestra instruments- trumpet, violin, some conga and other African type drums, and more.
3. How difficult is it to play? What instrument do you play?
Suteyä Hawnuyu te Gay'tä Muiä-Eyaye'ite

Na'rìngyä vrrtep

1. 10$? so in US it must be cheaper. I paid, hmm 20$ (in Poland). And I think it's far too expensive! only reason, why I buy it, was sign "Avatar"
2.-II-
3.-II-

Suteyä Hawnuyu

Quote from: fox6 on January 17, 2010, 01:17:54 PM
1. 10$? so in US it must be cheaper. I paid, hmm 20$ (in Poland). And I think it's far too expensive! only reason, why I buy it, was sign "Avatar"
2.-II-
3.-II-

That's a possibility. I bought it off of iTunes, also. Perhaps that lowered the price a bit.
Suteyä Hawnuyu te Gay'tä Muiä-Eyaye'ite

Unila kelkuyu si

I think it is totaly worth it!  I have listened to almost every song over 100 times and it never gets old!  ;D