Inspired to create music after seeing Avatar?

Started by OfPandora, January 16, 2010, 03:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OfPandora

I'm a musician. I play the drums, the guitar, the bass, the piano, and, get this, I used to play the accordion. Most of these instruments I've played for more years than I bother to remember. That being said, after seeing avatar I found I was inspired to write some music based on the events I saw in the movie. I tried to vision the despair of the great tree falling and the rescuing appearance of Turok Maktou showing up to save the day and translate all the emotion I felt into my own music. As of this, I've written two pretty long pieces on the piano (one of which is loosely based off of Chopin's Fantasie Impromptu; magnificent piece by the way). I'm thinking if I can find a way to record it and upload one of them or both even you guys can hear what I have.

But now for the point of this topic:

Have any of you guys written or want to write anything (musically) after seeing avatar? If so, what's it like? Can we hear it? Please, do tell.
"Why do you get so excited before you sleep?"

"Because it is only in such state that I have access to Pandora."

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

I've been trying to come up with a piano piece, it's taking a long time to get anything though. If ever I do finish I'll try to post it.

If I had to describe it though I'd say it'd be a little bit Nana Mizuke, some sad FFX, a little bit of naruto and of course some Avatar.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Eywayä tsmukan

I did!
Just after seeing Avatar for the very first time. When i was back in home i did some music. I only have a computer and a midi keyboard, so you can't send the feeling of music, that you hear in orginal soundtrack (great one IMHO), but i did what i can. I'm bout to finish it soon, then mayby post it. ;)
@OfPandora
It will great to hear your work.   :)

"Sometimes your whole life boils down to one insane move."

Na'Vi Polish Compendium v.1.2

Nume fpi sänume

Going to direct this thread to the Fan Music section, and lock it. Have a blast :P