Lyrics - Jake's First Flight

Started by sefuheron, December 25, 2009, 02:46:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Tsamsiyu

After listening to that fantastic section of the song during the romance scene at the tree of voices... i'm pretty sure it starts singing about trees...

'Utral-ay' not sure what she sings afterwards...

and then she sings

'Utral-ay' again and then i think she sings something beginning with the letter 'N' so maybe, na'rìng or something

And after that she sings something that sounds like it begins with an 'A' or an 'E'... maybe someone else can figure some more out with this little starter

*I posted this on the dead thread by accident... so I pasted here incase anyone was interested.
Tsamsiyu oe lu. Ngeyä krr lu hasey.

'There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much' - Dr. Grace Augustine

'I dreamt I was a Warrior that could bring peace... sooner or later though... you always have to wake up...'

GENERATION 20: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Iktxum

Quote from: Terabellum on January 03, 2010, 01:32:03 AM
utral(tree) le me a aw mai rina(seed) mai way(song)
utral(tree) le na mai rina(seed) lai way(song)
a pe ya i trr(day) me hi na ma ke ya mai way(song)

Kaltxì ma aytsmukan

Just wanted to throw in my two cents for the last part of "Jake's First Flight", but I could be totally off base with this one. I'll bold and mark my differences from Terabellum's transcription.

Utralay(1) me a may(2) rina' mawey(2)
Utralay(1) na may(2) rina' lawey(2)
Apeyäti(3) txur(4) fpi(5) na ma ke ya mawey(2)

1) The plural, -ay seems to make sense.
2) This one doesn't make sense to me, there is definitely a distinction between mawey and what sounds like may wey in this song. My only other thought would be the possibility of a plural vocative marker, making it may wey (noun we don't know). This seems very unlikely and potentially grammatically impossible though.
3) The -yäti seems to be pretty clear although the accusative marker doesn't seem to make much sense without an ergative one. The "ape" part is nonsensical, but is how I phonetically hear it.
4) Seems right, I didn't really hear a harsh trill for it to be trr (day) and txur (strong) would make sense.
5) Fpi (for the sake of) is more of the sound I heard.

Skyinou

Quote from: Seabass on December 25, 2009, 05:38:29 AM
Here's an idea I've been playing with, for all the musicians of LearnNavi: a debut album of music inspired by Avatar? With or without lyrics in Na'vi? I have a few connections, and I'm sure we could get it published, if the quality is there.

I would love to help you with that ;D
Let's rock with The Tanners!

Atoki Atanyä

Quote from: Iktxum on January 24, 2010, 02:22:57 PM
Quote from: Terabellum on January 03, 2010, 01:32:03 AM
utral(tree) le me a aw mai rina(seed) mai way(song)
utral(tree) le na mai rina(seed) lai way(song)
a pe ya i trr(day) me hi na ma ke ya mai way(song)

Kaltxì ma aytsmukan

Just wanted to throw in my two cents for the last part of "Jake's First Flight", but I could be totally off base with this one. I'll bold and mark my differences from Terabellum's transcription.

Utralay(1) me a may(2) rina' mawey(2)
Utralay(1) na may(2) rina' lawey(2)
Apeyäti(3) txur(4) fpi(5) na ma ke ya mawey(2)

1) The plural, -ay seems to make sense.
2) This one doesn't make sense to me, there is definitely a distinction between mawey and what sounds like may wey in this song. My only other thought would be the possibility of a plural vocative marker, making it may wey (noun we don't know). This seems very unlikely and potentially grammatically impossible though.
3) The -yäti seems to be pretty clear although the accusative marker doesn't seem to make much sense without an ergative one. The "ape" part is nonsensical, but is how I phonetically hear it.
4) Seems right, I didn't really hear a harsh trill for it to be trr (day) and txur (strong) would make sense.
5) Fpi (for the sake of) is more of the sound I heard.

1) With the -ay suffix, could this be similar to the -ay indicating our? AKA "Our tree"?

2) I agree, it sounds like a maiwey and then laiwey, not mahwey and lawey.....An interesting thing to look up.

4) There seems to be a trilled sound between txur and fpi in the last line. Might just be me though :P

The problem for me is that the singer seems to really vary her pitch, and so it's a little hard to figure out pronunciation.

Still, both the transcriptions seem pretty spot on tbh.
Quote from: Skyinou on January 24, 2010, 05:25:20 PM
Quote from: Seabass on December 25, 2009, 05:38:29 AM
Here's an idea I've been playing with, for all the musicians of LearnNavi: a debut album of music inspired by Avatar? With or without lyrics in Na'vi? I have a few connections, and I'm sure we could get it published, if the quality is there.

I would love to help you with that ;D

Me too. I have a song in the works atm :P

Atoki's Guide to Learning Na'vi: Part One is Here!

Keylati Kimbeyli'ite

I am not sure at all if this is correct but I just spent like 3 hours listening to the last part of this song and I am hearing this:
Utral lenawm ayrina.....

Which would make since to me, but I don't understand how the le would work there, because it  only works with nouns I believe.
Oeru Eywal tivìng tìtxurit.

Tirea Aean

going on how all the consecutive vowels of lì'fya leNa'vi slur and connect together blendy style, this is my take on the female singing part at the end. I am still making tweaks. tis a work in progress. the message doesnt 100 percent makes sense yet, so I KNOW I AM WRONG. but here  is what i came up with after SEVERAL listenings:

Utral lenawmä ayrina ngay oer
Utarl lenawmä ayrina lu ayoer
a pxeyä tìtxur fpi na ma kìyä ìm ayoe

which roughly translates to:

Tree great's seeds true to me
Tree great's seeds are to us(excl)
which three's strength forsakeof like/as (vocmarker) go(future imminent) behind we/us(excl)

tell me what you guys think. i know that it may not be completely clearly pronounced like this, but with the blending and possible stress and syllable changing, it could be possible this is somewhat on track.

Iktxum

Quote from: Tirea Aean on February 03, 2010, 09:37:23 AM
going on how all the consecutive vowels of lì'fya leNa'vi slur and connect together blendy style, this is my take on the female singing part at the end. I am still making tweaks. tis a work in progress. the message doesnt 100 percent makes sense yet, so I KNOW I AM WRONG. but here  is what i came up with after SEVERAL listenings:

Tree great's seeds are to us(excl)
which three's strength forsakeof like/as (vocmarker) go(future imminent) behind we/us(excl)

tell me what you guys think. i know that it may not be completely clearly pronounced like this, but with the blending and possible stress and syllable changing, it could be possible this is somewhat on track.

Tewti! Sìltsana tìkangkem ma tsmukan!

Thats the closest transcription we have yet for sure.

I think your spot on with lenawm in the 1st and 2nd lines, but I don't think it's genitive which would make an "ahh" as in cat sound and "great" wouldn't make sense possessive since it's not a noun. It might be lenawma though! Changing nawm from a noun to an adjective with le- and using -a to modify ayrina, so great seeds would be the translation. :D

a pxey sounds right too, but again I don't hear the "ahh" as in cat sound..and changing it to pxeya would grammatically make sense, but in translation it would be something like "triple strength" or "three strength", which doesn't make much sense. That one has me stumped.

I don't really hear the ä in kìyä either, and making ka (across) future imminent wouldn't work...so I'm not sure here either.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Iktxum on February 03, 2010, 03:20:13 PM

Tewti! Sìltsana tìkangkem ma tsmukan!

Thats the closest transcription we have yet for sure.

I think your spot on with lenawm in the 1st and 2nd lines, but I don't think it's genitive which would make an "ahh" as in cat sound and "great" wouldn't make sense possessive since it's not a noun. It might be lenawma though! Changing nawm from a noun to an adjective with le- and using -a to modify ayrina, so great seeds would be the translation. :D

a pxey sounds right too, but again I don't hear the "ahh" as in cat sound..and changing it to pxeya would grammatically make sense, but in translation it would be something like "triple strength" or "three strength", which doesn't make much sense. That one has me stumped.

I don't really hear the ä in kìyä either, and making ka (across) future imminent wouldn't work...so I'm not sure here either.

yeah this HAS been bothering me. i mean we are all wondering...WHAT IS she SAYING?? well I see your point, and i anticipated that response ahead of time. again, this still needs big tweakage until its correct. its refreshing to hear im doin a decent job tho. :p

Utral lenawm ayrina ngay oer
Utarl lenawm ayrina lu ayoer
hapxì a tìtxur fpi na ma kìyä ìm ayoe

Tree great seeds true to me
Tree great seeds are to us(excl)
part which strength forsakeof as (vocmarker) go(future imminent) behind we/us(excl)

again, i just wrote those things you called me out on in the original because they seemed to make sense. of course who is to say she didnt know that ä =/= a? anyway i am revising it. thanks for your input!

Mithcoriel

How accurate is the pronounciation of the singers likely to be? If some have even noticed mistakes the actors made, surely the singer has to be "worse". Or do you think Frommer spent so much time teaching Na'vi to the choir and singers too?

And if someone's making Na'vi songs, count me in too. ^^ I can sing too. Female voice here, slightly low for a female.
Ayoe lu aysamsiyu a plltxe "Ni" !
Aytìhawnu ayli'uyä aswok: "Ni", "Peng", si "Niiiew-wom" !

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Mithcoriel on February 15, 2010, 05:36:18 AM
How accurate is the pronounciation of the singers likely to be? If some have even noticed mistakes the actors made, surely the singer has to be "worse". Or do you think Frommer spent so much time teaching Na'vi to the choir and singers too?

a valid point. and that is what is going to make decoding the music EVEN harder. we just have to combine words we know with anticipating common mispronunciation mistakes to get the right words down. maybe relying less on literally what we hear but a tad more on what makes sense...

also, it has come to my attention that it is possible that with the amount of time it has been since these songs were created and now, and the rate at which the language evolves, a true translation that makes solid sense is practically unachievable in combination with the stuff mentioned above.

Le'eylan

I listen to it and this is what I heard. All the words and translations comes from here: http://www.learnnavi.org/navi-vocabulary/ and http://www.learnnavi.org/docs/Learn-Navi-Pocket-Guide.pdf. :D And from Ikranaymakto that made the last part :)
There are two translations, the left is the first I made, and the middle on is the second.
I like the one in the middle more, I worked harder on that.
In the middle one, bold lyrics tells the words in Na'vi.
The italicized lyrics tells the direct translation. The normal ones below them, are what I think it can mean. :)
In the column to the right is what I think the lyrics sais.

I definitely recommend you to listen to it as you read: http://open.spotify.com/track/7nduF0mP1S9t8cHJ2f5XOC

(0:36)

TXAN KA TÍROL KE

great across song not

TÍROL KARYO KE

song teacher not

TÍROL KARYO KE KA

song teacher not across

TÍROL KARYO KARYO TXEN TA

song teacher teacher awake from

TAM A PELUN TA TXEN TXíNG KALTXI TIL ILÄ

do that why from awake leave look hello joint following

(1:41)

KA TA TÍTXUR 'E'AL LATEM TXEN EMZA'U

across from strength worst change awake pass

KA TA TIL PXAN TA TIL PXAN TIL TA

across from and worthy from and worthy and from

NA TIL NA TA TIL RAL NA TXE'LAN

like and like from and meaning like heart

(2:36)

TXEN AU

awake drum

(3:43)

UTRAL LENAWMÄ AYRINA NGAY OER

UTRAL LENAWMÄ AYRINA LU AYOER

Tree great's seeds are to us

A PXEYÄ TÍTXUR FPI NA MA KÍYÄ ÍM AYOE

which three's strength for sake of like go behind us

Ta ka til-ru pxel
from many give to joint as
From many that give to common, as-

til-ru kayro pxel
to joint teacher like
give to common as teacher

til-ru karyo pxel ka
give to joint teacher like across
give to common as teacher across.

til-ru karyo karyo- tse'a tsam
give to joint. teacher, teacher see war

give to common. Teacher, teacher see war

t<am>am pelun txan tse'a txíng
did i why many see leave
Why did i see many leave?

kaltxi tx<iy>ele
hello will matter
Will hello matter?

Txan-a títxur e'al latem ta'em emza'u
great strenght worst change from above, pass test
Great strenght from above, worst change- pass

Kä tam-ti pawn tam til
Go do(to) ask from common
Go ask from common

Txan-ti na'ring nítxan.
Many(done to) look much
Many are looking much.

Ni'it n<arm>a'ring nitam
Small amount I looked before and look now enough.
I looked a small amount before and now, it's enough.

txen au
awake drum
awake drum

utral le-nawm-ä ay-rina ngay oe-r
Tree great-s seeds true me to
Trees great seeds are true to me.

utral le-nawm-ä ay-rina lu ay-oe-r
tree great-s seeds true are us to
Trees great seeds are to us

a pxe-yä títxur fpi na ma kí-yä ím ayoe
which three's strength for the sake of like go-s behind us all
which three's strength for sake of, like go behind us all

In the first part, I think they're singing
about Jake. That he should give to
everyone just as his teacher- Neytiri.
That he should understand.

When they sing; "teacher,
teacher see war",
I think it's Jake that's thinking.
That he wants to tell Neytiri about
what's comming.
(Destruction of hometree and so on.)

Then at "why did I see many leave"
Jake might be questioning all the
things he has done in his life.

"Will hello matter?" might mean that he
wonders if it makes any difference
if he tells Neytiri or not.

Here I think they're singing about
Jake again. That he, the strenght from
above(thay call him strenght because
of his strong heart and from above
cause he's a skyperson)- must pass the
worst change. The test- to catch an Ikran.

I don't know what this mean. Maybe that
he should ask the people for advise.
They're looking much at him.
And the next line might be Neytiri-
she took one look at Jake and it was
enough, she wasn't interested.

Awake drum have to come from the
drum in the back of all the singing in this part.

Here Neytiri tell Jake about Eywa.
Krro krro pamrel seri fìtsengmì, alu oey pìlok leNa'vi
Sometimes writing here, on my Na'vi blog
=^● ⋏ ●^=

Tsamsiyu Atsteu

The last part there sounded to me like Txe'lan num (omum?) )the heart knows?)
To live in the past is to die in the present.

Ikranaymakto

A wonderfiul work my congratulations!!! realy good but i think the last part sounds differnt from yours so i write it under your translation!i hope so its better?^^

TXAN KA TÍROL KE

great across song not

TÍROL KARYO KE

song teacher not

TÍROL KARYO KE KA

song teacher not across

TÍROL KARYO KARYO TXEN TA

song teacher teacher awake from

TAM A PELUN TA TXEN TXíNG KALTXI TIL ILÄ

do that why from awake leave look hello joint following

KA TA TÍTXUR 'E'AL LATEM TXEN EMZA'U

across from strength worst change awake pass

KA TA TIL PXAN TA TIL PXAN TIL TA NA TIL NA TA TIL RAL NA

across from and worthy from and worthy and from like and like from and meaning like

TXE'LAN

heart

TXEN AU

awake drum

(Tree great's seeds true to me)

(Tree great's seeds are to us)

(which three's strength for sake of like go behind us)

Teyl Maktoyu Ayfìwopxä

I havent read all, but when I played the song, and saw this, I automaticly started singin along :-)

Tirea Aean

Txantsan. HOTNsounds close, but doesnt make sense! XD

Atanä mungeyu

Quote from: Tirea Aean on March 23, 2010, 08:54:51 AM
Txantsan. HOTNsounds close, but doesnt make sense! XD
cookie if you can make roflmao in na'vi xD
I haz teh DVD yaaaayy xD

nederlandse pocket guide door mij en txura tirea.

Tirea Aean

Tirea Aean

RMHHOTN

these lyrics all sound close to what the song sounds like, but dont make any sense!! XDXD

Vl tvi

Kaltxi,

I'm almost certain ...the majority the verses finish with "ma ayelan a mawey''?

Phonetically, thought I picked out..

apae yarr ne,  purr a ....something something ...ma ayelan a mawey'  purre treleina .............mawey???

So wish this could be sorted, it's driving my m ::)d

Nìwopxsiyu

Kaltxì!

This has got to be my favorite track I've EVER listened to.
I tried reading the lyrics without the music, and it made no sense and did not flow, but as soon as I followed along with the music, it was absolutely amazing!  :)
The purpose of life is a life of a purpose.