No to piracy

Started by Kawnga Tawtute, February 01, 2010, 10:39:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kawnga Tawtute

Don't upload the soundtracks :p

Eltusiyu

IMO it's illegal. :'(
Everyone who wants to listen the OST of Avatar should buy cd in a store. :)

Kxangangang! - Oeyä Pìlok leNa'vi

Previously called Kxrekorikus

Kisora

Quote from: Kxrekorikus on February 01, 2010, 10:50:44 AM
IMO it's illegal.

agreed, say no to piracy!!!

*ahem* just don't check my games closet ;)

Eltusiyu

Quote from: Kisora on February 01, 2010, 10:56:44 AM
Quote from: Kxrekorikus on February 01, 2010, 10:50:44 AM
IMO it's illegal.

agreed, say no to piracy!!!

*ahem* just don't check my games closet ;)

Exactly  :) every fan of "Avatar" should buy it  :)

Na'rìngyä vrrtep

f course I bought it few weeks ago, but what about downlading from you tube? it's inlegal too? there is all soundtrack...

Eltusiyu

Quote from: Na'rìngyä vrrtep (fox) on February 01, 2010, 11:12:13 AM
f course I bought it few weeks ago, but what about downlading from you tube? it's inlegal too? there is all soundtrack...
Yes but sometimes producers upload the files on YT to promote or to stay alive on top :)
I won't check the sources of all YT files but a few of them maybe legall  :)

Technowraith

Quote from: Na'rìngyä vrrtep (fox) on February 01, 2010, 11:12:13 AM

Youtube is pretty anal about copyrighted materials. They will allow an officially sanctioned copy (ie. a promotional copy or something). However, if they start seeing videos containing the copyrighted promotional audio track elsewhere, they will pull the audio off the offending videos. As for downloading it off youtube itself, on a technicality it is illegal to do that.

We encourage everyone who is a fan to support the franchise. Amazon.com offers bundled discounts on certain avatar related items if purchased together. Take a look and save some money in the process.
See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Rolyu

The problem with the merchandising is that it makes them rich and you poor.  The soundtrack is about all I'll buy.  Everything else it basically taking advantage of you.

Be glad this hardcore pirate loves Avatar enough to even buy the soundtrack.

Kisora

Quote from: Rolyu on February 03, 2010, 10:14:27 AM
The problem with the merchandising is that it makes them rich and you poor.  The soundtrack is about all I'll buy.  Everything else it basically taking advantage of you.

Be glad this hardcore pirate loves Avatar enough to even buy the soundtrack.

I wonder who are you refering to...  :D

Rolyu

If you're talking about my pirate comment, that was me I'm talking about.  :)

Kisora

So in a sense of way, ur saying it's not that bad pirating unless you really think it's worth it, in which case you would definately buy ori

Rolyu

Right.

Like I'm not going to pay $4000 for the Adobe CS4 Suite if all I want to do is fiddle around with flash and photoshop.

Therefore, I torrent it.

If I'm unsure about music, I will download and listen to it first.  If I like it after a couple days, I buy it.  If not I get rid of it or save it to play around and edit.

That sort of thing...  It's stealing.  But there's far worse crimes I could be committing.  (Like buying chocolate picked my starving slave children.)

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

Eeep! What ever your feelings are about piracy, don't discuss them here please. Learn Na'vi does not support it in anyway. WE're trying to keep things officiall. Locking thread to stay on the safe side.
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng