Na'Vi in the Avatar Soundtrack

Started by RavenBlue2u, December 28, 2009, 10:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RavenBlue2u

Silly question - since I am new to the community and just getting started (Hello everyone!), but has anyone come across the lyrics of the Na'Vi songs sung on the soundtrack?

I know for me this would be an extremely helpful tool, to be able to see and hear the words at the same time.  I am not a linguist, I usually do ok learning to read and write other languages, but learning to "Speak" them is very challenging for me. So I thought there might be someone else out there that would find this useful too – if the lyrics are available.

Aperture

Hmm I couldn't find anything yet.
I would like to see them too!

Roiki

I think someone from here asked James Horners agent about that and he replied that they are copyrighted and won't be released, at least not yet.
Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

Ikran

Quote from: Roiki on December 29, 2009, 07:01:26 AM
I think someone from here asked James Horners agent about that and he replied that they are copyrighted and won't be released, at least not yet.

Bad idea if they really want to boost the Na'Vi language community. I have the impression this whole issue of Na'Vi is getting out of hand. It started out as a funny thing to complement the movie, but now it's becoming a monster that needs to be fed! I can imagine Frommer reading this forum and thinking 'OMG, what've I done? I opened Pandora's box!' (literally) ;)

Roiki

It's not Horners decision whether they are released or not, it's fox's and studios tend ot be protective of their assets, every last bit of them.

Frommer did have hopes this would become a competitor to Klingon, might just become true if this pace keeps up.
Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

Jake Sully_

Quote from: Roiki on December 29, 2009, 10:59:33 AM
It's not Horners decision whether they are released or not, it's fox's and studios tend ot be protective of their assets, every last bit of them.

Frommer did have hopes this would become a competitor to Klingon, might just become true if this pace keeps up.

Na'Vi will destroy Klingon like The skypeople destroyed our beloved hometree. Brutally, heartlessly, and mercilessly.

Jack

Ya, I hope the lyrics get released...

Fya'o Tskoyä

Quote from: Jack on January 01, 2010, 12:42:46 AM
Ya, I hope the lyrics get released...

what lyrics? the soundtrack is mostly instrumental with SOME chanting.

and one song "I See You" song by leona lewis, so i doubt they will release the lyrics, since most people dont speak na'vi

Payoang

Atoki Atanyä

Quote from: Seabass on January 01, 2010, 02:50:39 AM
Quote from: Fya'o Tsuko on January 01, 2010, 01:09:06 AM
...most people dont speak na'vi...

yet.

Your name should be txantslusam-a tsmukan

I think you speak the truth here, Na'vi is going to be big. Especially considering James Cameron said that if it went big he has ideas for 2 more sequels. I want to watch a copy with no subs for the Na'vi.

One day, everyone'll speak it :D
Atoki's Guide to Learning Na'vi: Part One is Here!

Fya'o Tskoyä

Quote from: Atoki Atanyä on January 01, 2010, 02:55:45 AM
Quote from: Seabass on January 01, 2010, 02:50:39 AM
Quote from: Fya'o Tsuko on January 01, 2010, 01:09:06 AM
...most people dont speak na'vi...

yet.

Your name should be txantslusam-a tsmukan

I think you speak the truth here, Na'vi is going to be big. Especially considering James Cameron said that if it went big he has ideas for 2 more sequels. I want to watch a copy with no subs for the Na'vi.

One day, everyone'll speak it :D

he is going to make 2 more sequels regardless if the language picks up or not. The only thing HE wants from the language is it to compete with klingon. Though having a HUGE fanbase does help the 2 other sequels for support and spreading the word. im told the sequels are to focus more on Jake and Neytiri, or even may not BE on Pandora.

The logical conclusion would be that human wouldnt stop going to pandora since the metal.unobtanium, is the new fuel for humans saving them from the energy crisis, i dont think James Cameron would ruin pandora, let alone go back to the same story as the first movie

Atoki Atanyä

The producer mentioned something in an interview where he said that we only know of the outside of Pandora, and the inside has yet to be revealed.....

*cue looks of confusion and/or wonderment :P*
Atoki's Guide to Learning Na'vi: Part One is Here!

CrashingDoors

I'm too scatter brained to help with this, but the Avatar "Activist's Guide" might be a good place to look for Na'vi/English. Plus that book has a couple Na'vi songs in it (not with any music, and I don't think they have anything to do with the soundtrack.