'Jake's first flight' sung by the Na'vi in the movie

Started by 'Tsamsiyu, January 09, 2010, 03:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Tsamsiyu

I noticed this on the 3rd time I watched this...

If you listen to about the last 1/5 of 'Jake's first flight' on the Avatar soundtrack, you may have noticed that the sublime singing is during the romantic love scene with Jake and Neytiri...

What i noticed was that the same song (that part of the song) is the song they are singing when gathered at the Tree of Souls, just before Jake arrives atop the Leonopteryx... and the split second where you hear Neytiri singing sounds alot like the singing from the actual song... i have a little hunch that it might even be her singing, but i don't want to jump to conclusions!

Thought i might share that with some of you!
Tsamsiyu oe lu. Ngeyä krr lu hasey.

'There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much' - Dr. Grace Augustine

'I dreamt I was a Warrior that could bring peace... sooner or later though... you always have to wake up...'

GENERATION 20: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

We are Omaticaya

i was thinking the same thing when I saw the movie a second time.
WE ALL LOVE AVATAR
Join the Xbox live Learn Na'vi Group. Message the listed (Xbox live) members below if you are interested in joining. 

Gamer-tags
- Kewong Tsamsiyu
- Vrrtep Tsamsiyu
- Txur Tsamsiyu

kintìomum

Now, I wondered if the background chorus was sung in Na'vi since it reminded me of the movie...
Seems I'm ot the only one.
kintìomum : curiosity (lit.: need knowledge)

"You don't dream in cryo" they say. Good! Imagine a 6-year-nightmare!

All Things Avatar: AIM for us on twitter!

Omatikaya'itan

It is sung in Na'vi there are threads with the lyrics on this site somwhere

Omatikaya'itan

Hufwe ta'em

Erca

Quote from: Hufwe Tsamsiyu on January 09, 2010, 03:50:51 PM
...and the split second where you hear Neytiri singing sounds alot like the singing from the actual song... i have a little hunch that it might even be her singing, but i don't want to jump to conclusions!

At first it does seem like it's her singing, but her voice is in the foreground, slightly deeper than whats on the OST. But if you listen close enough, the voice behind her (if that makes sense) is the voice singing in Jake's First Flight.

I would think it's Ninat singing it, judging by what Neytiri says earlier in the movie.